Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

KWA G36C Review

Terrk

KWA G36C Review Empty KWA G36C Review

Post  Terrk 24.01.09 10:42

First off, let me say I truely enjoy my TM Mp5SD, and my CA M4.

So when I went to buy my G36C, I was going to go for the TM, then I heard good things about the Echo1, but to be honest, I never owned one, so I didn't want to buy it.

Then I heard a rumor, that KWA was going to release the G36C.
    I was super stoked, and I pre-ordered it... and then waited nearly 3 months for it to get to my house!

KWA's GBB are truely some of the best, and their AEG's are no exception. The G36C out of the box is a show stopper.
    I averaged 392 out of the box, but the hopup was lacking! In fact, I had a serious issue with my hopup...I couldn't use it. I'd make the smallest adjustment, and then my BB's would be flying nearing straight up.

The groupings, before I installed the firefly bucking and Prometheus, were terrible. The big down fall of the KWA G36C is truely the bucking, it needs to be changed out with a firefly bucking.
    Now you can get by without the upgraded bucking, but the accuracy is lacking to say the least, and distance is greatly reduced compared to having the firefly bucking installed. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the stock bucking or if I got a lemon, but from what I've heard from other KWA owners, the stock bucking is just garbage.

But don't let this stop you. I'm running a 9.6 in it, and it is trucking! It is one of my favorite weapons, and there is really no point in upgrading it, besides a tightbore and new bucking, and possibly a nub. The ROF is great, and it's shooting nearly 400FPS, the average limit amongest airsoft fields.

I'm an upgrade freak, and I've spent nearly 500 dollars on upgrades in my Mp5(money well spent!), but I can't justify upgrading this gun that works so flawlessly, and shoots so hard. There is really no point to it! I'm not planning on upgrading my gun till something breaks, and at this rate, it looks far off. I've put over 40k rounds through this thing, easy, and I haven't had any problems or issues.

Taking the gearbox apart, and dealing with the selector switch can become tiresome, but if you've taking a gearbox apart before, you'll be able to figure out the small differenced in the KWA's gearbox compared to a TM or CA. I haven't taken my OWN KWA G36C apart, but I have taken apart others, and there are some new, and interesting things KWA has done internally.

Overall, it's well worth the 265 dollars I spent on it. I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a G36C vairant.
    It's only about 100 dollars more then the Echo1, and you wouldn't have to upgrade anything. It's a money saver, and perfect for woodland.

I can honestly say this is one of the best stock guns I've ever owned. I'd also recommend using .25's in the G36c, I've tried .20s, and .23s, but .25's seem to hit the sweet spot, and give me great accuracy with great range.

The following has been added by Admin

I've also got one, and it's great. The spring has settled down to about 380 FPS, but quite a few rounds have been put through it.

My hopup bucking wasn't quite as bad after it had broken in, but my gun was released in a later batch, so the hopup bucking may have been revised a little. However, the bucking still wasn't great, and I replaced it.

Externally, it's not going to knock you off of your feet, but the KWA is a performance-built gun. I's made out of a pretty durable fiber-reinforced ABS, and the finish isn't bad or anything, although the finish on the CA36 is a good deal nicer.

The gearbox is awesome. 8 and 9mm ball bearings, and a piston that showed only minimal wear after 70k rounds. I'm running a high-speed setup in mine, and when I went to shave three little teeth off of the sector gear, I went through an entire Dremel cutting head. But if I was going to keep it at around 380 FPS, I wouldn't change anything in the gearbox. And KWA AEG's have shimless gears. I opened it up to shim it, and I found that there weren't any shims in it, and that it didn't need any shims. I have also heard the same thing about other KWA AEG's.

Another thing worth mentioning is that it can take a large 8.4v battery, because the handgaurd is larger than other G36c's. Also, (as is with all KWA AEG's), the air nozzle is different than a normal air nozzle, so if you want to go to an aftermarket hopup chamber, you'll have to swap out the air nozzle as well.

Current date/time is 02.05.24 0:02