Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+12
Rock5
Twitch
Blackhawk 5
Doomise
Hippie
Ghost
poopdaddy
wolf six
HavenUnitOctopus
-a|ex
savoy6
Miracle
16 posters

Airsoft Guns on College Campus, Sign the petition.

savoy6
    savoy6

Airsoft Guns on College Campus, Sign the petition.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Airsoft Guns on College Campus, Sign the petition.

Post  savoy6 21.03.12 2:39

yeah, in a country that hasn't allowed real steel ownership in any normal sense since WW2...that's why it's mainstream there..... Shocked ..it's normal folk's only way of even remotely getting close to owning a gun...same thing in some other asian and european countries with the same sort of laws....

paintball didn't really go mainstream until insurance companies and field owners turned the whole nature of the sport from "woodsball",(i.e folks in camo unis chasing each other), to a more "safe" and manageable format,(i.e. speedball). with players in bright MX type outfits ,on a small controlled field,fighting around inflatable objects, with "markers" that look nothing like real guns ......

airsoft will always be viewed by much of the population that don't know or give a crap as just kids with toy guns or "military wannabes"......throwing airsoft into even more everyday situations will only exacerbate the problem...sorry, but that's what i've seen go on throughout the US airsoft communities in 12 years in the hobby..
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Airsoft Guns on College Campus, Sign the petition.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Airsoft Guns on College Campus, Sign the petition.

Post  -a|ex 21.03.12 2:56

do you want to see airsoft go mainstream?
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 21.03.12 9:21

savoy6 wrote:ahhhhhh poop......the 'reduction to the ridiculous argument'?...lol..and now any folks that disagree are obama voters AND liberals?....guess you are officially out of salient points.....

na
    i just think that a closed minded outlook,and bad decisions are(is this a word)
    obama-esc.plus it's like the best insult EVER. lol!
    i don't care if your liberal,republican,democrat,left wing,right wing,tea party,or panty waist.i just say let them try.
    don't tell a kid NO.
    tell them it may be a hard fight,but do your best.
    be proud that American youth care enough to try anything.
    we live in a world that keeps saying you can't.tell them they can!

and "not yes we can" lol!
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 21.03.12 10:30

-a|ex wrote:
    Miracle wrote:
    -a|ex wrote:LoL...

you want to ban AEG's before it gets banned. another Liberal comes out of the closet...

why'd you change your post? DD:

it's like trying to convince a liberal that guns are not evil. it will fall on deaf ears.

BAN IT FOR THE SAKE OF OUR CHILDREN!!!111!!

wat.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 21.03.12 17:16

From what I understand, a lot of college kids already keep a walmart airsoft gun in their room anyway, becuse they think its so cool, and then they go and shoot random people walking around.

Now Im all for airsoft guns on campus, Im always pro gun anywhere, but unfortunetly there would have to be some rules restricting ownership I think, becuase I know a lot of college kids who are too stupid to keep an airsoft gun without doing something incredibly stupid with it.

Post  Guest 22.03.12 0:37

I whole heartedly disagree with anything that brings airsoft guns onto any campus. I'm not going to make a long post defending myself, but I will say this: there is no chance on God's green Earth that anybody presiding over the boards which makes these decisions will rule in favor of this. Its just not going to happen until other laws concerning weapons on campus get overturned.
    Rock5
    Rock5

Post  Rock5 22.03.12 1:12

It will be a hard fight, but good on you for doing it.
    philsaudio
    philsaudio

Post  philsaudio 22.03.12 9:38

This is turning into a flame-throwing name calling thread.

First off; *ALL* people who vote for democratic candidates are not anti-gun liberals. That remark is ridiculous. I bet the demographic of Airsoft players is just like that of the entire USA. About 50-50 most places. Airsoft is not a subset of the GOP any more than the US armed forces are all card carrying GOP T-party NRA cheerleaders.

And of course the little pretend cops on campus will want to maintain the monopoly of on campus gun carrying, even if they are toy guns or whatever. Do you expect anything less from people who choose a power trip vocation but could not make it as real cops or military professionals?

Plenty of stuff is banned on campus and that does not stop kids from keeping the banned items in their rooms, cars or person. It will always be the stupid idiot kids who really are two stupid to be in college that get caught with the contraband. And the nut cases who fire toy or real steel weapons at people, they are going to break the rules no matter who makes them or where they are.

I think having a few rules on campus is a good idea. That keeps the sane people behind locked doors when misbehaving and the masses safe from them when they decide to “do their own thing”. What is wrong with that? Is it not true today that those who bend and break the rules make the rules to keep their competition at bay. Sure seems like the business world works that way these days.

I agree with Poop. Don’t try to tell kids no. No is their call to action. An old saying popular with us grandparents is. “ there are 3 ways to get something done. Pay someone to do it, do it yourself , or forbid your kids from doing it”

If you want your guns on campus, go after the person who wants to forbid the guns and replace them with your own guy. Set the pretend police chief up, get him to quit in a scandal and put your own guy in. That is how it is done in America no matter what party you tend to “believe” is working in your best interest.
    philsaudio
    philsaudio

Post  philsaudio 22.03.12 9:45

Miracle wrote:As some of you might already know, I'm trying to start an Airsoft team as a club sport at Kennesaw State University. I have a friend whose starting an Airsoft team at Southern Polytech. We've been helping each other out a little with tips and things, and my friend ran into a problem. Alot of his Polytech guys don't live around the area, and it's a hassle to transport airsoft guns like that. He wants to allow airsoft guns on campus, but the authority figures say they're too realistic. They had an incident before and aren't ready for a repeat apparently. But Paintball guns are allowed on campus. My friend has a bunch of rules set out for airsoft guns on campus, and even offered to store all of them in one place, just for the team. But the cheif of police said no... If you believe in his cause, help him out and sign his petition. There's more information on the petition.

petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/allow-airsoft-guns-on-spsu-campus?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=friends_wall#

I have the worst grammar and spell like I learned English as a second language even though I have a university masters degree. I will not however, sign a petition with spelling and grammar mistakes I can easily spot.

I think you will get a better response if your fix this petition before you ask people to sign it.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 22.03.12 9:50

Find someone who lives off campus and keep them there. Bam problem solved. Thats what they did for the GSU team
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 22.03.12 10:14

philsaudio wrote:
    If you want your guns on campus, go after the person who wants to forbid the guns and replace them with your own guy. Set the pretend police chief up, get him to quit in a scandal and put your own guy in. That is how it is done in America no matter what party you tend to “believe” is working in your best interest.

or bribe them with drugs and prostitutes.
    TheRealBandit
    TheRealBandit

Post  TheRealBandit 25.03.12 22:41

The way I see it, schools and weapons should never be mixed whether they are paintball, airsoft, or real. You never know when someones going to do something stupid and end up shot.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 26.03.12 0:25

first, those that think guns and colleges are a bad combination, you really need to do more research. when i attended Ohio State University, i took a riflery class. so i currently checked my alma mater and found they still have a riflery and pistol club. since firearms are not permitted in the residency halls, i can only assume they are locked up in the club rooms. i see no reason why airsoft replicas can also be locked up in the club rooms.

btw, there was already an incident where a couple of OSU football players were randomly shooting at people atop from a parking garage with paintball guns. someone reported them and the campus police didn't shoot them, just arrested them for disorderly conduct.
    philsaudio
    philsaudio

Post  philsaudio 26.03.12 9:53

-a|ex wrote:first, those that think guns and colleges are a bad combination, you really need to do more research. when i attended Ohio State University, i took a riflery class. so i currently checked my alma mater and found they still have a riflery and pistol club. since firearms are not permitted in the residency halls, i can only assume they are locked up in the club rooms. i see no reason why airsoft replicas can also be locked up in the club rooms.

btw, there was already an incident where a couple of OSU football players were randomly shooting at people atop from a parking garage with paintball guns. someone reported them and the campus police didn't shoot them, just arrested them for disorderly conduct.

Alex:

Your post reminds me about my Jr. HS in New York, Valley Stream Memorial JHS. We had a rifle range in the basement and I shot .22 in there with the boy scouts. Never a gun incident I know of. Was about 46 years ago.

Peace
    Phil
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 27.03.12 0:45

philsaudio wrote:
    .....And of course the little pretend cops on campus will want to maintain the monopoly of on campus gun carrying, even if they are toy guns or whatever. Do you expect anything less from people who choose a power trip vocation but could not make it as real cops or military professionals?.....

Hmmm, I'd love to see you tell that Forest Griffin....

Curious where you get your background information for campus police....

Most Campus police are criminal justice students in an internship.

Miracle
    Miracle

Post  Miracle 27.03.12 20:20

An update on this. Southern Poly-tech just got their airsoft team approved. The student government over there okayed it and everything. The school is paying for a storage garage where they can keep there guns, off-campus. but I'm disappointed that college kids haven't broken the 'stupid' stereotype yet.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 27.03.12 21:23

Congrats. What's the stipulations? I mean they're not going to let just anyone bring one on campus are they?
    Miracle
    Miracle

Post  Miracle 27.03.12 21:43

Thanks(: and So far, it's the team's not allowed to bring any airsoft guns on campus. The school rented them a storage garage close by to store the guns. This team is pretty much going to play big games like Ops and things.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 08.05.24 6:02