Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+28
TheRealBandit
Andy
Retherford
NRAirsoft
flipa
Twitch
marpat96
madcrewairsoft
Ghost101
savoy6
fallout11
just some kid
Rabbit (SPA&SGAT)
Jaguar12airsoft
GUNNER
MSG Ridgeway
jsts ghost
poopdaddy
Hippie
jolio1994
Bishop908
Rock5
Ghost
-a|ex
Erlkoenig
wolf six
Miracle
s92harrell
32 posters

Operation: Blackout September 8th, 2012

jsts ghost
    jsts ghost

Operation: Blackout September 8th, 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Operation: Blackout September 8th, 2012

Post  jsts ghost 09.09.12 12:12

I must agree with both of you. The game time was fun. Alot of good players out, even though the weather did suck. But as many should have known, this does happen in most rainy day events. That is one of my major objections on coming out. I have, like many active and vets, have had to "work" in all weather conditions. But when it comes to playing, many will take longer breaks during bad weather. That is just how it is.
    It was understanding that the game host call the break during the thunderstorm. That is for the safety of themselves and for the players. However, a two hour break was excess. That is why I walked up to the briefing area. I waited and then got stiff and sore.

The players was a great bunch and well blend of newish and seasoned players. That was what made the game fun. The weather sucked. But I stayed until my slipping and sliding was causing my seasoned joints extreme pain.

Those that had a bad time do to lack of play, I do agree. But the quality of play was fantastic.

I will do my AAR later today on this forum as well as the AOSC.
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Operation: Blackout September 8th, 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Operation: Blackout September 8th, 2012

Post  poopdaddy 09.09.12 15:37

urbansix wrote:Seriously? I was disappointed with the amount of time spent actually playing vs. taking a break or standing around waiting. I totalled it up and it came to 2 hours on the field, out of 8 hours of "play time" for me (10am-6pm). I dropped $60 on this to show my son some good all-day scenario airsoft. I feel really bad for the teams & players who came from as far away as TN and AL, bought hotels, etc. This was on-par with a $10 walk-on game with about half the trigger time.

sometimes this stuff happens
    it was a good game and we had fun
    i personally spent $110 to play not counting food
    drove 3hrs one way
    but i had a good time
    fallout11
    fallout11

Post  fallout11 09.09.12 17:59

Hope everyone made it back home safe and sound!
    marpat96

Post  marpat96 09.09.12 20:15

Wow..............what a game! cheers

I had great fun, talking to some great people and meeting others, such as urbansix and his son too. Poop, I almost walked into a hornet's nest at the end of the day game there, didn't know every DMR in GA was guarding yall's CO scratch

Glad everyone came out, had a great time.

Good:
    Play time that did happen.
    Metting everyone.
    Camping Friday night.
    Won a pistol (1911).
    Went ape with my L96 on tan base afro

Bad:
    Game next time needs to get going when everyone is waiting around.
    Rain (nobody can do anything about that).
    The awesome battle in the drizzle at the city.
    Recruited many people for Fulda cherry
    The butthurt of who won the actual game, tan or green, needs to stop. You play to have fun No
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 09.09.12 21:00

jsts ghost wrote:First and foremost this is not combat. This is play. Second, I will come since I have yet to play when poop has not been in command. Third, kindness is how you talk to others. Not trying to show a loss of respect to others. Poop and Fallout did it well. Some others need a reminder sometimes. See you in the A.M.

I said real combat does not stop for crap weather, meaning that an airsoft day game in the rain is completely survivable. I know the difference. Sorry if I sounded rude or douchy. That was not my intention.

I learned a lot from this one; about me and my kit mostly, but also on hot-weather RONs.

Start
    • Bring an extra uniform + raingear; being wet in the field is fine, but not at camp.
    • Bring better parachute supports, if the the chute is brought. Our rig did not hold up, and did not protect us from the elements.
    • Chairs at camp; my butt can only take sitting on my helmet for so long.
    • Buy new boots with insoles; the issued boot insoles are crap, and mine are modern boots. Plus they are a half size too big and a size too wide.
    • Find more powerful, deet free bug spray. My deet allergy sucks because the bugs just don't seem to care about my weak bug-dope.
    • Drinks in a cooler; we only brought water in a jug that sat in the sun.
    • Actually utilizing the forum we set up. Green sides OP:Blackout forum went unused.
    • I must upgrade my M16. It's pretty, and it's got a nice ROF, but it was nearly useless in the field with it's range and FPS.

Stop
    • Showing up to OPs and games sick with no meds. 50% of all games I have attended, I have been sick, and this one was considerably the worst. I only played for about and hour and a half.
    • Trying to use my 'Nam kit like a modern kit; I have to re-learn this every time, but my kit is best served for base defense, ambushing, and patrolling. Not rushing and base capturing.
    • Leaving my BBs out, I left them at HQ, and when I went back to get them they were not there. It was an almost full bag of .20s with a clear speed loader in them.
    • Waiting till the last second to pack up.
    • Standing/ kneeling/ sitting in anthills. Ant's are the reason I first died. I yelled "HOLY CRAP! I JUST SAT DOWN IN A GIANT ANTHILL! JAMES, HELP ME GET THEM OFF!" Then blam - I was dead. We also had ants in our tent, shoes, garbage, fire-pit and just about everything. I think we even slept right on top of an active hill.
    • Blowing all of my money on drinks and raffle tickets. I think I dropped like $20 on cold drinks and I know I dropped $50 on raffle tickets. I may have a gambling problem, but at least it went to the Wounded Warrior Project!

Continue
    • Rockin' the 'Nam kit; me and Bassman got so many complements on our kits. Unfortunately, neither of us can attend OP: Masher, as I am leaving this state on the day it starts, and it's just a logistical nightmare for him.
    • Making friends. I met a lot of great people, and I am quite sad that this will be the last time I get to airsoft with you guys for awhile. Unless of course you guys come visit Alaska!
    • Epic music.
    • Having the tank on our side. I am infinity happy that green team was not on the receiving end of that beast. It is crazy!
    • Hydrating. I saw some tan kids walk off the field on the first round due to dehydration. If you are thirsty, you are dehydrated. I was good.

Okay, so I was sick, and only played the first game, and the after-rain game, but I'll do my best. I've never done this, so expect more of a "war-story" rather than an AAR. Here goes:

Green started out undermanned, so of course we had more medics. I was one of the fifteen, along with Bassman. Dusty told us to tag along with another team who were heading out towards the cabin/ chimney area, and then try to secure the area between the cabin and outpost two, as it was figured we could cover the road and ambush passing tan forces. We moved into postion, but we found that the area was overgrown. Fighting was occuring on the other side of the road, so we moved to the edge of the road. This is when I was attacked by a swarm of ticked off ants. Bassman medic-ed me and I went further down the road. Shortly after, I was hit by a lone BB flying over the bushes I was behind (son-of-a). I walked back to respawn, adjusted my gear, and headed back out. I arrived back at the place where I was killed, to find a complete absence of the green team, with the exception of the tank which was focusing it's fire to the right side of the road. I was along the left side, and I crouched down as six tan team members passed right by me. I spotted another tan member ahead of me, and I fired a few shots before crossing the road into the woods and heading toward gunshots. I figured that someone must be shooting at something, so there must be some friendlies around. I eventually found four green, three of which were dead. The dead walked back to respawn and I retreated with the fourth. I lost him, but ended up finding two alive green team at the entrance to CQB city. Like I stated, my M16 is just about useless in a fight, so I ended up spotting for the guys moving into the city (that, and I was crazy tired from sickness and weight. This kit is not a mobile kit). I medic-ed one guy on the road before walking into the now green-controlled CQB city. Within the last ten minutes, Spencer pointed out the missile, which had been an objective, just as Bassman came back from respawn. He arrived just as we recovered the missile from the thick thorn patch in which it had been thrown into. We tied it to his pack, swapped weapons, and ran it to HQ. We got it there within the last three minutes. Match ends.

After the first game, I decided that I was going to get a few drinks and go grab a snack or something. I ended up eating one of my MREs, so we missed standing around at the HQ waiting for the game to start. We just finished eating as the rain started coming down, so we geared up and rolled out, after a small photo op. Unfortunately, the game ended as we got to the pro-shop.

We waited around, and when they called to get in the transport to head to CQB city, we hopped in and rode down. For the first 15 minutes of the game, I guarded the corner of the road, pointing out tan guys to others with better weapons. I ended up trying to flank, only to find green guys retreating after encountering sturdy tan resistance. We rallied three of us and decided to flank left even further. We went way out of the way and only within the last 120 seconds did we actually see the tan base. Unfortunately, our pointman had a friendly fire incident and none of us killed a tan player.

Afterwards, I felt like crap, and sat out for the rest of the game.
    jsts ghost
    jsts ghost

Post  jsts ghost 09.09.12 21:12

https://metroatlantaairsoft.darkbb.com/t4977-op-blackout-battlezone

AAR is up. And mental note zip lock bags, extra socks, clothes, and a simple poncho is needed no matter what the weather is forecasted. Hope to see some AARs up.
    *BK*ODGreen

Post  *BK*ODGreen 10.09.12 10:41

Hippie wrote:

Start
    • Bring an extra uniform + raingear; being wet in the field is fine, but not at camp.
    • Bring better parachute supports, if the the chute is brought. Our rig did not hold up, and did not protect us from the elements.
    • Chairs at camp; my butt can only take sitting on my helmet for so long.
    • Buy new boots with insoles; the issued boot insoles are crap, and mine are modern boots. Plus they are a half size too big and a size too wide.
    • Find more powerful, deet free bug spray. My deet allergy sucks because the bugs just don't seem to care about my weak bug-dope.
    • Drinks in a cooler; we only brought water in a jug that sat in the sun.
    • Actually utilizing the forum we set up. Green sides OP:Blackout forum went unused.
    • I must upgrade my M16. It's pretty, and it's got a nice ROF, but it was nearly useless in the field with it's range and FPS.

Stop
    • Showing up to OPs and games sick with no meds. 50% of all games I have attended, I have been sick, and this one was considerably the worst. I only played for about and hour and a half.
    • Trying to use my 'Nam kit like a modern kit; I have to re-learn this every time, but my kit is best served for base defense, ambushing, and patrolling. Not rushing and base capturing.
    • Leaving my BBs out, I left them at HQ, and when I went back to get them they were not there. It was an almost full bag of .20s with a clear speed loader in them.
    • Waiting till the last second to pack up.
    • Standing/ kneeling/ sitting in anthills. Ant's are the reason I first died. I yelled "HOLY CRAP! I JUST SAT DOWN IN A GIANT ANTHILL! JAMES, HELP ME GET THEM OFF!" Then blam - I was dead. We also had ants in our tent, shoes, garbage, fire-pit and just about everything. I think we even slept right on top of an active hill.
    • Blowing all of my money on drinks and raffle tickets. I think I dropped like $20 on cold drinks and I know I dropped $50 on raffle tickets. I may have a gambling problem, but at least it went to the Wounded Warrior Project!

Continue
    • Rockin' the 'Nam kit; me and Bassman got so many complements on our kits. Unfortunately, neither of us can attend OP: Masher, as I am leaving this state on the day it starts, and it's just a logistical nightmare for him.
    • Making friends. I met a lot of great people, and I am quite sad that this will be the last time I get to airsoft with you guys for awhile. Unless of course you guys come visit Alaska!
    • Epic music.
    • Having the tank on our side. I am infinity happy that green team was not on the receiving end of that beast. It is crazy!
    • Hydrating. I saw some tan kids walk off the field on the first round due to dehydration. If you are thirsty, you are dehydrated. I was good.

Dude, good AAR, they are for learning and you did a very honest one.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 14:21