Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

3 posters

Flipa tries out an SKS. Fun ensues

flipa
    flipa

Flipa tries out an SKS. Fun ensues Empty Flipa tries out an SKS. Fun ensues

Post  flipa 04.06.13 1:54

A friend of mine has a SKS and I decided to take it on a spin. We're shooting at a backyard so no real challenge since distance wasn't a factor so I got creative and got one of my blank dogtags and decided to shoot it. The wind blew it to its side pointing towards me so that just made it interesting. Took 2 quick shots at it, not really paying much attention and jerking the trigger. The 3rd shot, I took my time and actually hit the damn thing. That scope was also some Walmart variable scope that has something like 1-4x32 magnification. The thing was hanging at around 50+ meters.

PS. 7.62x39mm is still a garbage caliber.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Flipa tries out an SKS. Fun ensues Empty Re: Flipa tries out an SKS. Fun ensues

Post  NJSC 04.06.13 10:31

Nice shot on the dogtag for sure. I still haven't found a commie gun that I'm comfortable shooting because of the short LOP.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 04.06.13 12:06

AKs aren't bad for just shooting. I have a strong passionate hate for commie guns man. This SKS is no exception. I'd probably have trouble hitting targets past 800 yards if I was given the chance.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 04.06.13 15:12

800?
    Contra.
    Contra.

Post  Contra. 04.06.13 18:56

The max effective range on an AK is like 400 yards...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 08.05.24 21:33