Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+10
Rhino
Q-bald
XXX
WPeake23 [SOTHG]
{PWNY} RED
Dragon13
Admin
scooter
#CW!!ZERO
Tinman
14 posters

Hand-Toss grenade use??

Poll

Should hand-toss grenades be allowed for bunkering?

[ 19 ]
    Hand-Toss grenade use?? Bar_left76%Hand-Toss grenade use?? Bar_right [76%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Hand-Toss grenade use?? Bar_left16%Hand-Toss grenade use?? Bar_right [16%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Hand-Toss grenade use?? Bar_left8%Hand-Toss grenade use?? Bar_right [8%] 

Total Votes: 25
    Tinman
    Tinman

Hand-Toss grenade use?? Empty Hand-Toss grenade use??

Post  Tinman 12.04.09 19:09

OK . . . got a question, particularly for the Airdog Games.
    I have played games when the use of hand toss grenades was acceptable for bunkering to prevent close shots. Essentially, if someone can get close enough to toss a tennis ball or bean bag into the bunker, they are too close to shoot anyone so the make-shift grenade lets everyone know they are hit that may be on the other side of the bunker . . . at least anyone within 6-10ft of the grenade landing spot.
    Only pistols are allowed for bunkering now at Airdog events which I think is a great safety measure. What do you guys think of the use of grenades for the same purpose??
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Hand-Toss grenade use?? Empty Re: Hand-Toss grenade use??

Post  #CW!!ZERO 12.04.09 20:09

At georgetown tennis balls or rubber replice grenades can be used to eliminate players in or around bunkers, it can be used effectively also if you have a good arm and good aim to take out a tower from a distance if you can get it into the doorway. I personally like the use of grenades.
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 12.04.09 20:33

Agreed... ive only played one game with grenades and didnt use them much... but they seem like they would be useful in bunkering
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 12.04.09 20:54

I agree. I'm not a huge fan of MED's, but I also understand that we've got younger players and players that like the MED's. If someone calls me on a "bunker kill" I obviously wouldn't pop up and shoot them, but I'd feel kind of "cheated." However, I sold my only GBB a couple of months ago because I never used it, and I don't (nor many other people I would imagine) want to buy a sidearm/holster just for bunkering people. However, I think that the tennis ball idea maintains realism to a certain degree while keeping everyone happy.

BUT, I don't want to see baseball pitchers coming out and throwing tennis balls at the front of my bunker from a distance. That would just be a major buzkill for me. I vote yes, but only if you've under 5 feet while you throw the grenade.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 12.04.09 21:02

Admin wrote:BUT, I don't want to see baseball pitchers coming out and throwing tennis balls at the front of my bunker from a distance. That would just be a major buzkill for me. I vote yes, but only if you've under 5 feet while you throw the grenade.

AGREED!
    When we have played with them it is based on the STOPPING point of the grenade . . . one landing OUTSIDE the bunker does not count . . . but if someone drops one in your lap it is pretty obvous your PWNED!
    Dragon13
    Dragon13

Post  Dragon13 12.04.09 21:18

I think it is a great idea, but is there something that can be used that doesn't bounce like a tennis ball, or rules that only count the first bounce. It would be very cool to take out someone with a hand grenade.
    {PWNY} RED
    {PWNY} RED

Post  {PWNY} RED 12.04.09 22:19

well i just use my tornado, i know alot of ppl dont want them cause the cost a hundred bucks, i had to force myself to get one, but it adds to the realism, you cant just chunk from far away cause you also need to worry about a timer and they have nice range
    BUT
    i do think that the tennis ball idea is good but maybe not a tennis ball, they are too bouncy, but a beanbag is fine i think
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 12.04.09 22:24

{PWNY} RED wrote:well i just use my tornado, i know alot of ppl dont want them cause the cost a hundred bucks, i had to force myself to get one, but it adds to the realism, you cant just chunk from far away cause you also need to worry about a timer and they have nice range
    BUT
    i do think that the tennis ball idea is good but maybe not a tennis ball, they are too bouncy, but a beanbag is fine i think
    Don't mean to thread jack, but how do you like the tornado? I've been considering getting one myself.
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 12.04.09 22:25

Admin wrote:
    {PWNY} RED wrote:well i just use my tornado, i know alot of ppl dont want them cause the cost a hundred bucks, i had to force myself to get one, but it adds to the realism, you cant just chunk from far away cause you also need to worry about a timer and they have nice range
    BUT
    Don't mean to thread jack, but how do you like the tornado? I've been considering getting one myself.

Ya, same here.
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 12.04.09 22:32

I dont like the idea personally knowing that it could end up like kill house on cod4 with 30 players. I believe Ted made a rule last game that if you touch their bunker then everyone that in it is out. That makes me feel way better about it. I could see myself killing huge tons of people by throwing it into the zombie base or the bunkers that right next to it. I personally don't like the idea of it, but I like the idea more of touching the bunker and yelling your all out. Wink
    {PWNY} RED
    {PWNY} RED

Post  {PWNY} RED 12.04.09 22:52

well fill it with bb's. then gas, MAKE SURE PIN IS IN! and then put the fuse cap on ( just seals the bottom so gas gets through the holes and to the bb's) and pill the pin and throw.. the only peice you retrieve is the nade, you keep the pin in your hand, and bb's shoot out of nade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5d3wwYZnS8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xANCnNArhPc&feature=related

these 2 give you a good idea
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 12.04.09 23:33

BUT

Yea.......... A hack sack is only a couple of bucks, and you can't throw it as far as a tennis ball
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 12.04.09 23:48

I voted no! I think there is just too much room for problems..... "that was the second bounce not the first", Or if someone is running away your gonna have to yell "hey you my grenade got you" That is crap IMO. I personnal think the touching of the tower or bunker is fine.... I havent had any personnal problems with getting lit up while bunkering and I do bunker people.
    {PWNY} RED
    {PWNY} RED

Post  {PWNY} RED 13.04.09 0:18

rhino what about somethin like the tornado where your acctually getting hit by bb's
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 13.04.09 1:58

Yes for for actual grenades... No to tennis balls and other non bb projectiles
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 13.04.09 6:05

Rhino wrote:Or if someone is running away your gonna have to yell "hey you my grenade got you" That is crap IMO. I personnal think the touching of the tower or bunker is fine

Yeah . . . I get that . . . guess I missed that option by not being at this weekend's game. Last game I was at an adult charged a bunker full of kids with a saw while I was reffing . . . he said, "I was not gonna shoot anyone" and I do not challenge his honesty in that but it was a little much IMHO since the bunker was filled with kids. Touching a bunker is fine with me too . . . I carried two cyma glocks just to hand to someone and tell them to go bunker someone when I was running as squad leader since so many folks do not carry them. If the touch is "legal" now, that is a good addition!
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 13.04.09 8:03

Yes on the airsoft grenades, a definite NO for me on the tennis balls or bean bags.

We've done the tennis ball grenades and it does create problems and is very unrealistic. A grenade bouncing off of the front of a bunker (or any other solid cover) would very rarely hurt the occupants. Getting it inside or behind the cover is another story. The problem with that is then you need to make rules like, "if it lands within five feet of you and there is no cover between you and the grenade.." you can already see the problems with rules like that, they're very subjective.

Airsoft grenades, pistols only, or even tagging the bunker are okay with me. I'm a bigger fan of the first two options, but totally agree with tagging the bunker when you have players under the age of 16. (no offense to those players under 16 who I've seen "handle the pain" of getting lit up at close range!) I think airsoft grenades, when available, are always okay because of the low FPS.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 13.04.09 8:49

This grenade seems pretty realistic, And would scare the crap out of people
    Much cheaper than tornado
    http://www.airsoftpost.com/hakkotsu-thunder-sound-effect-airsoft-paintball-simulation-grenade-p-30107.html

Post  Guest 13.04.09 9:55

I think that grenades should be allowed, but only actual airsoft grenades, like the tornado. Having practice with throwing plenty of grenades, Ill tell you right now that they are heavy, rather bouncy (yes, suprising but true) and oddly weighted. Its very difficult to put them on target accurately, absolutely nothing like a tennis ball or a rubber replica. Plus, in terms of throwing one into a bunker, shrapnel travels in a spherical nature from the grenade, but if it lands "around" the bunker, then there is no way that shrapnel would do anything but pepper those inside, not kill. Theres just no way to tell if it would have killed the person, however if you were using an actual airsoft grenade than it would be very easy, you just need to think "did I just get hit in the face by a BB, yes I did, I am dead" instead of "what are the odds that this grenade was perfectly timed to detonate upon landing, sending its portion of shrapnel headed my way before I had time to duck behind this object".

I dont agree at all with tagging a bunker. I do however understand how MEDs would create problems with clearing a bunker, but if I was in a bunker, and I was clearly outmaneuvered, I would definitely resort to holding up inside and killing whoever tried to make their way in. In reality, one of the MOST dangerous offensive maneuvers would be clearing a room/bunker. Around that entrance there is most definitely a gun waiting to kill you through that small choke point. The person in that bunker/room has the advantage of knowing exactly where you are coming from, while the person coming in has no idea where in the room/bunker the occupant is. This creates quite the difficult situation. Why would you make it into something so simple as just tapping the bunker? That completely eliminates an entire dimension of the battlefield, and leaves those inside bunkers/rooms incredibly vulnerable, despite the fact that they are in a fixed fighting position, the most secure place to be in a firefight. At the same time, I can't really come up with something to overcome that rule other than pistols/grenades, and I know not everyone can resort to those. Maybe brainstorm it a little bit?

Post  |337 13.04.09 11:30

I agree, I dont like the touch the bunker and they all die thing. I understand the problem though. I mean it isn't to fun to jump into a bunker calling everyone to surrender and get shot point blank by someone with a 400-450 fps gun. XXX still has scars from several months when he surrendered a kid who had a 450 fps l96 and the kid just shot him point blank.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 13.04.09 11:47

Why is there only 2 votes for "NO" but more have said they do not like the tennis ball or bean bag thing???? that is the question.... the question is NOT if airsoft grenades should be allowed, they already are allowed...
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 13.04.09 12:10

This is a good idea for those who like MEDs, but honestly if you let some one get within ten feet of you, you deserve to get shot. And how often do you actually get that close. You might bunker some one once or maybe twice a day, maybe.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 13.04.09 12:39

Retherford wrote:This is a good idea for those who like MEDs, but honestly if you let some one get within ten feet of you, you deserve to get shot. And how often do you actually get that close. You might bunker some one once or maybe twice a day, maybe.

Less skilled younger players don't deserve to be shot point blank with a gun shooting 420fps. It is not smart or safe to light someone up at that distance and it happens more than once or twice a day! What since does it make to try and cause injury???? If you want to injured someone or be injured go fight in Iraq or become an MMA fighter! Most people are playing for fun not to get injured.
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 13.04.09 14:37

Rhino wrote:Why is there only 2 votes for "NO" but more have said they do not like the tennis ball or bean bag thing???? that is the question.... the question is NOT if airsoft grenades should be allowed, they already are allowed...
    Okay, now I voted NO ... didn't actually click on the "poll" before.

Rhino, you are right about the younger players. We're not out there to injure players or get parents angry. It's just strait up wrong to light up some kid who gets trapped in a bunker just because he's a new player or too young/not skilled.

Private games with older players, who all decide to "suck up the pain" is one thing, but that's not the only airsoft enthusiasts who want to go out, have fun, and not worry about coming home bloody!

You have to remember that AirDOG and other game sponsors want to reach out to a wide range of players and they NEED to reach out to the new players for the survival of their companies and the survival of the sport. You also have to know that we, unfortunately, live in a country full of people looking for a way to get something for nothing, and will sue at the drop of a hat. Sending "little 14 year old Johnny" home crying with welts all over his body (or worse!), is not a wise thing for anyone who cares about the sport of airsoft.
    {PWNY} RED
    {PWNY} RED

Post  {PWNY} RED 13.04.09 15:26

Q-bald wrote:This grenade seems pretty realistic, And would scare the crap out of people
    Much cheaper than tornado
    [url=http://www.airsoftpost.com/hakkotsu-thunder-sound-effect-airsoft-paintball-simulation-grenade-p-30107.html
    http://www.airsoftpost.com/hakkotsu-thunder-sound-effect-airsoft-paintball-simulation-grenade-p-30107.html[/quote[/url]]

your not looking at scaring the crap out of ppl, your looking at effectiveness,
    i didnt just up and buy my tornado, i did reasearching on the net
    and many say on test wher they have 10 ppl standing within 15 feet from it or closer, with all other grenades, only about 3 got hit on average, but with the tornado, out of 10 tries everytime all 10 got hit,
    i even stood about 35-40 feet from it and got hit with several bb's

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 12:13