Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
#CW!!ZERO
Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
6 posters

How do you like my soon to be AUG DMR upgrades?

Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]

How do you like my soon to be AUG DMR upgrades? Empty How do you like my soon to be AUG DMR upgrades?

Post  Markerscope1 [SOTHG] 18.04.09 19:00

So i'm putting together my TM AUG DMR. this is what i have and/or plan to get..

TM AUG (civilian)

650mm madbull tbb [have]

Hard Firefly bucking [have]

Barrett sniper kit/outer barrel [have]

Matrix Magnum high torque motor [have]

Guarder SP150 Infinite Torque-Up Kit for TM AUG. [do not have]

and i'll probably get some .30g
    it'll be semi only (easy to mod with AUGs)
    bbs because a SP150 should be shooting over 470fps yes?
    i'm most likely going to have AIRDOG install the tune up kit as well.

give me feed back or information on what you think about it. i might be doing something wrong or could do something better etc.

Last edited by markerscope1 on 18.04.09 23:38; edited 1 time in total
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

How do you like my soon to be AUG DMR upgrades? Empty Re: How do you like my soon to be AUG DMR upgrades?

Post  #CW!!ZERO 18.04.09 22:17

Sounds pretty good, but it should be getting you close to 500fps.
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]

How do you like my soon to be AUG DMR upgrades? Empty Re: How do you like my soon to be AUG DMR upgrades?

Post  Markerscope1 [SOTHG] 18.04.09 23:36

#CW!!ZERO wrote:Sounds pretty good, but it should be getting you close to 500fps.

woo awesome. oh, what battery would you (or anyone) recomend? its going to be semi-auto only (duh).
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 19.04.09 0:33

GET A GUARDER GB SHELL!!! I have the same kit and the upgrades only work with the guarder GB. They are $35 at AA and with a SP150 spring your TM stock shell would most likeley get destroyed over time. If you ned help getting it semi only I can help.

You will want a 9.6v nunchuck AA battery.
    I think airdog had some. It will require some modding to your stock, i can also help you on that.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 19.04.09 10:58

markerscope1 wrote:
    #CW!!ZERO wrote:Sounds pretty good, but it should be getting you close to 500fps.

woo awesome. oh, what battery would you (or anyone) recomend? its going to be semi-auto only (duh).

I personally in all my AEG DMR rifles would get a 11.1v lipo for a better trigger response.
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]

Post  Markerscope1 [SOTHG] 19.04.09 11:08

making an AUG semi auto is so easy, so i got that.

and i might have to get the 11.1v lipo

rhino told my the TM shell should be able to handle the kit...

if not, i already have the inside fixed for more battery space.

anyone know more about the shell?
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 19.04.09 13:32

I know that Rhino ran a 170 in a V3 mechbox for thousands of shots and it still together today and I had a 150 in my V3 mechbox, the V3 gearboxes are very strong and you will be fine with the stock one.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 19.04.09 13:37

i jave been running a m130 in my aug wich is my back up gun and a lipo and there is no damage at all and i can only go auto since i dont have a mosfet for it yet lol.
    protwitness

Post  protwitness 23.04.09 19:46

I'd be worried about a TM gearbox shell with a 150.

I've learned not to trust TM gearboxes, after fixing an M4A1 that had the front explode into 4 pieces.
    And it only had an M120 in it, no less.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 23.04.09 19:47

protwitness wrote:I'd be worried about a TM gearbox shell with a 150.

I've learned not to trust TM gearboxes, after fixing an M4A1 that had the front explode into 4 pieces.
    And it only had an M120 in it, no less.
    That's a V2 shell. Version 2 gearboxes crack very easily,. The whole V2 design is just an outdated/bad design.

The V3 gearbox is much stronger.
    protwitness

Post  protwitness 23.04.09 19:50

True, but I would still think a Marui v2 gearbox should be able to handle a 120 without exploding after only 5000 rounds..
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 23.04.09 19:55

protwitness wrote:True, but I would still think a Marui v2 gearbox should be able to handle a 120 without exploding after only 5000 rounds..
    Nah. TM V2 shells aren't made to withstand a whole lot.

You see, TM is a Japanese company. In Japan, you've got a legal limit on FPS (320-ish FPS). The V2 gearbox was designed way before airsoft was very big outside of Japan, and before Marui had any plans of expanding outside of Japan. So, the TM V2 box was only designed to withstand 280-320 FPS because that's all that TM ever needed it to do.

The V3 was designed after TM started expanding and realizing that the V2 design wouldn't cut it in countries with higher FPS limits like the US, Europe, etc.
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]

Post  Markerscope1 [SOTHG] 23.04.09 20:02

SWEEET! i did not know that. thanks. now if only my stuff would come in the mail.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 9:10