Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+4
XXX
Rhino
#CW!!ZERO
THEMANatwar
8 posters

Extremefire MOSFETS?

THEMANatwar
    THEMANatwar

Extremefire MOSFETS? Empty Extremefire MOSFETS?

Post  THEMANatwar 07.01.09 21:26

Do you think this one here is a good mosfet?
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Extremefire MOSFETS? Empty Re: Extremefire MOSFETS?

Post  #CW!!ZERO 07.01.09 21:30

Yes they are all very good and reliable MOSFETS, I actually have the SW-Computer installed in my P90 and it gets an insane rate of fire, they are a very good choice.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 07.01.09 22:03

Very good mosfet. TOP NOTCH. We also offer the same quality, and features on our mosfet for cheaper.
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 07.01.09 22:19

Rhino If I buy one from you guys do you have to install it? I want to learn as much as I can about my gun and how to upgrade it so I would rather do it myself.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 07.01.09 22:21

XXX wrote:Rhino If I buy one from you guys do you have to install it? I want to learn as much as I can about my gun and how to upgrade it so I would rather do it myself.

We dont have to install! you are more than welcome to do it yourself!
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 07.01.09 22:23

How much are you charging for your fets right now?
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 07.01.09 22:25

x

Last edited by Alpine on 04.02.10 15:08; edited 1 time in total
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 07.01.09 22:29

XXX wrote:How much are you charging for your fets right now?

40.00 for the same style with built in resettable fuse.
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 07.01.09 22:30

Honestly are they worth it from what I have heard it only makes your rof jump by 2 or 3?
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 07.01.09 22:31

Rhino,
    We should probably do a before and after mosfet installation clocking the ROF.
    Perhaps we can do this in a short video with data for the SR4 and the other store weapons in the mosfet installation cue.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 07.01.09 22:33

XXX wrote:Honestly are they worth it from what I have heard it only makes your rof jump by 2 or 3?

general gains are 8-14% increase in ROF. I highly recommend them! They go in every weapon I buy!

Last edited by Rhino on 07.01.09 22:38; edited 1 time in total

Post  |337 07.01.09 22:34

Mosfets also keep stronger batteries from frying guns, without a mosfet anything over 9.6 is a potential safety hazard, especially if it has stock acm wiring (or ca for that matter)
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 07.01.09 22:35

Are there any other big pros to it or is mostly rof? I know a lot of tricks I could do with rof upgrades that would increase more then 2bbs a second.

way to post right before I put mine up |33t... lol

Last edited by XXX on 07.01.09 22:37; edited 1 time in total
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 07.01.09 22:36

|337 wrote:Mosfets also keep stronger batteries from frying guns, without a mosfet anything over 9.6 is a potential safety hazard, especially if it has stock acm wiring (or ca for that matter)

You are correct! its not just for ROF! I must for high voltage high amperage systems like my G36 with the 12 volt 5000mah battery!
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 07.01.09 22:38

Well for right now I am sticking with my 9.6v because I dont want to do 1000 upgrades so I can use a 10.8v I am on a very tight budget... lol.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 07.01.09 23:12

Alpine wrote:Rhino if someone wanted you to do a mosfet install how much would it cost the average Joe ?

The average installions price of a mosfet at the shop is 30.00. That is for your run of the mill guns NOT the crazy odd balls that take a lot of time to break down and get to the mech box (which would only be a few guns), they will be a little higher around 40.00.
    UBCS Gibbs
    UBCS Gibbs

Post  UBCS Gibbs 07.01.09 23:14

It will also save you money because it re-routs most of the current from the trigger contacts to the MOSFET, making arching of your trigger contacts never occur and never have to replace your trigger contacts.

UBCS will soon be making our own custom AB MOSFETS.

Not putting AIRDOG down, but This Pulse MOSFET is friggen amazing. AB/ Resettable fuse, and full cycle completion. This worth the extra $20.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 07.01.09 23:20

That one is also a good mosfet, but out of stock and I dont believe they have an ETA on them yet. I can tell you this PLEASE dont mess with cheaply built mosfets (that claim to have active braking and dont) they will cause major problems when they decide to take a dump! Most just start fireing your weapon in full auto until you remove the battery, they can and will burn up! I have seen some get to the point of almost catching on fire while melting the plastic body of the gun.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 07.01.09 23:41

When a MOSFET is installed it takes the high voltage that goes through the trigger contacts and just uses the contacts as a on an off switch, the contacts are normally a faster part to go so even with a 9.6v it is a good idea to have one. I have replaced many contacts from them getting fried with a 9.6v battery. I too put them in all my electric guns now.
    UBCS Gibbs
    UBCS Gibbs

Post  UBCS Gibbs 08.01.09 0:44

Rhino wrote:I can tell you this PLEASE dont mess with cheaply built mosfets (that claim to have active braking and dont)

Its quite simple to build an AB MOSFET with a P and N channel MOSFET together. You can do it for about $12 a unit. UBCS will start to sell ours for $25 a piece.

Of course, these do not have chips and will not have cycle completion, but they will save you from the ARCH of DOOM!

And why do you put the MOSFET in the gearbox as you said a few posts above? Why not just put it in the wires leading to the battery in the stock or heatshield? Thats where I have always put mine. Rights after the Capacitors.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 08.01.09 0:55

XXX wrote:Are there any other big pros to it or is mostly rof? I know a lot of tricks I could do with rof upgrades that would increase more then 2bbs a second.

way to post right before I put mine up |33t... lol

Here is a little something that I copy pasted. I didnt compile this info, but some good info about basic mosfets

What does a MOSFET do for me?
    Glad you asked! A MOSFET will remove the current that normally has to travel through your trigger switch to your motor to power your AEG. Trigger switches have a higher resistance that you might think. That means reducing the amount of power going to your motor. Think of it this way, can you get all the performance out of your car by removing 2 of the cylinders? Nope. The power is there to be had, but you’re just not using it all. The MOSFET redirects the power so when you pull the trigger, the power goes from the battery through the MOSFET and to your motor. There is almost 0 resistance, therefore almost every drop of power reaches your motor!
    But what’s this “Active Braking” thing?
    A lot of people have been selling MOSFETS, but not ones including Active Braking. Active braking is a method of stopping your motor from over spinning. When you release the trigger normally it takes a moment for the inertia of the motor to subside and the motor to come to a stop. This means added wear and tear on your motor, brushes, pinion gear, anti-reverse latch, and the rest of the gear assembly. Active Braking halts the motor almost instantly after you release the trigger. This reduces wear, and will make sure that after you fire a complete shot in semi, that you’ve uncompressed the spring as much as possible. Saving the life of the spring and gearbox. In full auto it will prevent overspin wearing down your components.
    But I don’t have an upgraded gun. Why do I need this?
    Because it will prolong the life of your AEG. You’ll have less wear and tear on your trigger switch (I’ve seen some fail without this system), and your gearbox will thank you. In addition you’ll get better trigger response. Have you ever seen a target and fired a shot at it, but they had just a slightly faster trigger response and hit you first? Put an end to that. The trigger response is shortened as well as an increase in the ROF (rate of fire).
    This sounds too good to be true.
    It does, but it’s not. Here’s the numbers for you. With one of these systems, an stock TM Mp5SD was shooting about 15-16 rps on an 8.4v battery. After this was installed it was clocked shooting 19.6 RPS!!!! That’s a big jump! It even outperformed a high quality 9.6v battery without the Mosfet w/ Active Braking! So you can run lower voltages with higher performance!
    THEMANatwar
    THEMANatwar

Post  THEMANatwar 08.01.09 22:50

Yeah that will probably the first thing besides a tightbore for my gun. I know it will help it for the better Very Happy

Post  |337 08.01.09 22:57

I am currently working on a ab pulse mosfet, i am making an order with another person and should have the parts next week. basically i am rewiring my gun with deans, 12 ga teflon wire, ab mosfet (p and n channel) from digi key, a capacitor bank, and i am cleaning the trigger contacts and putting the battery in the stock.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 08.01.09 23:07

|337 wrote:I am currently working on a ab pulse mosfet, i am making an order with another person and should have the parts next week. basically i am rewiring my gun with deans, 12 ga teflon wire, ab mosfet (p and n channel) from digi key, a capacitor bank, and i am cleaning the trigger contacts and putting the battery in the stock.

Sounds like a good project! Very Happy
    UBCS Gibbs
    UBCS Gibbs

Post  UBCS Gibbs 09.01.09 0:30

How did you get a P and N channel from Digi-Key!!! We are just waiting on them to make it so we dont have to order 250 of them!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 16:43