Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+10
Kilo
WPeake23 [SOTHG]
{PWNY}Dragon
Scarface
XXX
Takfire
Chief
Alpine
{PWNY} RED
MagisterMortis
14 posters

Twilight Firefight

MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Twilight Firefight Empty Twilight Firefight

Post  MagisterMortis 03.05.09 22:10

Twilight Firefight, Saturday 5/9/09 6pm-11pm at Paintball-Outfitters (battle across all three fields) Taking the fight on into the night. The street lights in both the James Town Field and the Castle field give off an eerie glow once the sun sets and the landscape darkens. The sounds of automatic weapons being fired is nothing new around these parts, but now it's attracted the attnetion of ATF agents who plan a raid to cut down on the illegal weapons being smuggled out of James Town.

PWNY Express and Gerogia Dragon Airsoft Squad are on board. We figured we'd put it out there for other folks who feel like giving it ia go.

400fps
    Minimum engagement distance: 10 feet. If your being asked to take the hit, it usually means the asking player has the drop on you. Take the hit and be a good sport. Remember a good portion of the match will be in the dark. We don't want to see anyone get hurt. When a ref is in a position to make a call, please abide by the call.
    Anyone age 15 or under must be accompanied by an adult and have a full face shield.
    Anyone over 16 may wear full seal or airsoft safe goggles.

Todd / Magister

PWNY Express
    {PWNY} RED
    {PWNY} RED

Twilight Firefight Empty Re: Twilight Firefight

Post  {PWNY} RED 04.05.09 14:48

lookin forward to sniping in the dark Twisted Evil watch out lmondry lol
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Post  MagisterMortis 05.05.09 2:36

Twilight Firefight mapped out.

6pm- Warm up game. Tooth & Nail x2
    6:30-6:45 Pre-Game Briefing & Questions
    6:50-7:00 Both sides stage up.
    7:05-7:35 Phase 1 ATF initial raid begins.
    7:35-7-55 Breather, re-ammo, and next phase briefing.
    7:55-8:04 Both sides stage up.
    8:05-8:40 Phase 2 ATF *hostage* extraction.
    8:40-8:55 Breather, re-ammo and next phase briefing.
    8:55-9:04 Both sides stage up.
    9:05-9:40 Phase 3 ATF must plant LZ markers and have LZ lights turned on.
    9:40-9:55 Breather, re-ammo and final phase briefing.
    9-55-10:04 Both sides stage up.
    10:05-10:45 Final Phase Taking Down *Abadon* The head of the Gun Smugglers has been told of the raid and he and his personal body guards (4) have arrived and are holed up in the Castle.

I've denoted hostage and Abadon with an asterisk because I need those positions filled by volunteers from each side. The ATF hostage will experience some down time in game but can be freed and take part in the extraction phase. I will also need someone on the Gun Smugglers side to be Abadon in the final game of the night.

If I get lucky I might get to jump in the final game as one of Abadon's bodyguards. I'll be reffing the first three phases. With games on the following weekends at Area 13 I'll be able to get my airsoft fix in soon enough Smile

The reason for the time table above is to keep play running smoothly. The final details pertaining to re-spawns and over-all victory conditions will be given out on game day/night.

I am in no way trying to compete with, or against, Airdog in putting games together. Airdog and his staff put on great games and we all know it. If you decide to play here and are expecting the polish of an Airdog event, you may be a little disappointed. If you do play and end up having had fun, then I've done something right. cheers

We've driven to quite a few events in the Newnan area and have fun when we do, but it's just nice to be able to drive a short distance and get at it as quick as possible some days. The middle field at Paintball-Outfitters is going to become part of the James Town field, so we're trying to aid that in happening by playing more dates at the location. The James Town field is a pretty cool CQB field now. Getting additional area and possible buildings will make it even better. If you're into CQB you're going to like the eventual outcome, if not......put your big boy pants on and have a go at it sometime. That was a joke, don't have a piffy fit. O_O

I'd love to be part of a scenario at some point that includes Area-13, The Vineyards, and P.O.'s, all in one on-going story line.

Let me know.

Getting back to the task at hand...... What a Face Strap on your bonnets boys, it's about to get hectic in James Town. What a Face

Todd / Magister

PWNY Express
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 05.05.09 7:46

Todd you've done a outstanding job writing up a story line and putting it to work.
    And you guy's show awesome support to all of the local fields.Area-13 thanks all of Pwny Express for the outstanding game play and flavor you guy's add to the games.I think I can maybe make this one for a little while I have to go to Columbus Early Sunday morning but this game sounds awesome and I can get to play.
    Don't worry about people comparing this game to other field games every field is unique in it's own way and the guy's that run it makes it fun or not.And you guy's do a great job as a team.Hope to run with you guy's on the 9th. See you then.
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 05.05.09 9:18

Excellent stuff man! cheers

I'm trying to "work it" to try to come down and join you guys for at least part of it!

Looks to me like whoever doesn't come to this game will be missing out!! What a Face
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 05.05.09 12:41

Nice work MagisterMortis!
    Scenarios shared across multiple fields are coming.
    AIRDOG will begin this effort by offering game play at several fields, as part of our Airsoft league.
    We will check with PBO, RPG, and several other fields in development.
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 05.05.09 16:46

CLPC might make it. How much is this game?
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Post  MagisterMortis 06.05.09 0:50

Alpine: Thanks man. Totally understandable if you can't make it. Either way, I'll see you soon enough. The night game aspect should make things interesting. Hopefully for the best. We shall see. I'd love to link up some story lines.

Chief: Hope you can make it down. Once play starts it will become abundantly clear that whichever side can devise the right tactics will come out on top. Keeping your spawn points safe becomes an objective in and of itself. That becomes a game within the game.

Takfire: I talked to Wendell at length about the League play. He's interested. If either one of you want my input, just let me know. I also have no problem reffing on this end if your cool with it. I promise no bias toward PNWY if they happen to be playing. I just want to see airsoft continue to thrive like it has been doing and get bigger.

XXX: It's $15 http://www.paintball-outfitter.com/

Todd / Magister

PWNY Express
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 06.05.09 9:27

MagisterMortis wrote: ...I'd love to link up some story lines.
    This sounds awesome! If we could all get together and plan some multi-field story lines... I think ya'll might be on to something!!
    Scarface
    Scarface

Post  Scarface 06.05.09 16:33

great sounding game i will bring most of my team from DRAGON SQUAD and may b the The Patriots as well as the lightfoot brothers if u know them so would love to see all of u guys there

by the way do u get ur knives from airsoft atlanta i wuz thinking about geting one
    {PWNY}Dragon
    {PWNY}Dragon

Post  {PWNY}Dragon 06.05.09 16:58

Mr.Mondry $DSA$ wrote:by the way do u get ur knives from airsoft atlanta i wuz thinking about geting one

I got mine from evike.com, but you can get it from airsoftatlanta in the misc. stuff section
    http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/misc.htm
    http://www.airsoftpost.com/matrix-airsoft-m4m16-rubber-bayonet-with-sheath-p-25531.html

It served me well at the last game when I infiltrated the enemy base.

Last edited by {PWNY}Dragon on 06.05.09 17:06; edited 1 time in total
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 06.05.09 16:59

{PWNY}Dragon wrote:
    Mr.Mondry $DSA$ wrote:by the way do u get ur knives from airsoft atlanta i wuz thinking about geting one

I got mine from evike.com http://www.airsoftpost.com/matrix-airsoft-m4m16-rubber-bayonet-with-sheath-p-25531.html It served me well at the last game when I infiltrated the enemy base.

How do you guys play with those? Do you just touch someone with it?
    {PWNY}Dragon
    {PWNY}Dragon

Post  {PWNY}Dragon 06.05.09 17:11

WPeake23 wrote:How do you guys play with those? Do you just touch someone with it?

yeah, it's more for looks but getting a kill with it is the ultimate humiliation.

Plus if you get killed by a knife, you're not supposed to say anything (silent kill)
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 06.05.09 17:21

HAHA it said that on EVIKE, the ultimate humiliation thing lol

thanks, ive always wondered
    Kilo
    Kilo

Post  Kilo 06.05.09 19:41

This game is going to be great!!! All loaded up, batteries charged and we are ready!!
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 06.05.09 21:37

Saweet! Specter (my son) and I will be there for a couple of hours! Trying to round up some more!
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 06.05.09 21:55

I hope I can make it
    Dragon13
    Dragon13

Post  Dragon13 06.05.09 22:07

I am going to do everything I can to be there. I have to work till at least 4:30 and live 1 1/2 hours away from this field. sounds like its going to be a good game.
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Post  MagisterMortis 07.05.09 4:20

Some Flavor.....

The year is 2019, the United States has been bankrupt for five years and is now on the verge of collapse. A patch work government is trying to hold togehter a handful of states that have not been taken over by ruthless Warlords who now hold sway. Branches of the military are already being stretched thin on multiple fronts. Leaving only a few agencies left with any sort of manpower.

Once the country went bankrupt, soon after, the crime rate started to soar. With no local governemt left in place to keep any real cohesion, anyone armed with guns, ambition, and charisma could become a King made manifest. Abadon is just that sort of person and has the loyalty of nearly all the people of this town, James Town. When you have no food to feed your family and then suddenly you have more food than you know what to do with, you don't ask about the why's or where's of it all. It's not hard to factor the rest of the equation to see where the seat of power resides in James Town. The trafficking of illegal firearms into and through James Town has made Abadon a prime target of the ATF. Well, illegal guns and a hostage.

James Town is on the fringe of one of the remaining states still considered part of the United States, but for all intents and purposes it's been lost. Now the ATF is charged with trying to bring down Abadon and his loyalists. Every available agent has been assigned to the task. All but one. While attempting to infiltrate Abadon's inner circle, ATF agent Bobby "Mephisto" Lange was discovered and now resides somewhere in James Town, against his will. Needless to say, the ATF not only want to shutdown Abadon's operation, they want their agent back as well.

Rumors of a raid have been circulating for weeks. A surprise raid will be a surprise in name only. The stage is set. Who will win remains to be seen. Be it the ATF or Abadon and his loyalists, whichever side your on, you will help finish the story.

Todd / Magister

PWNY Express
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Post  MagisterMortis 07.05.09 4:58

I got a feeling that knife kills will be a big part of this game, especially once it get's dark. I also have a feeling I will lose the razor thin lead over Dragon (7 to 6) in knife kills. If you hand tag someone out, I think that should be considered a knife kill.

I don't want to re-invent the wheel for this game. I like Airdog's bunkering rule and given the amount of wooden spools on the field, if you tag a spool that someone is behind it should count as having bunkered them. The Castle will be an exception to that. It really wouldn't be fair to touch the Castle and have everyone called out that is behind it. There are multiple levels where players can position themselves so that will need to be addressed before start up.

Please don't under estimate the use of flash lights either as gun attachments or just having one handy. If you decide to stealth into the woods, it will come in handy.

I could really use an extra ref as well. affraid

Todd / Magister

PWNY Express
    Kilo
    Kilo

Post  Kilo 07.05.09 20:12

TIC TOC TIC TOC the clock clicks away getting closer to start game time. Lock and load people!
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 07.05.09 20:25

MagisterMortis,
    I will try to make this game with my son and some of the store guys.
    Chat with you then about some other business.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 07.05.09 21:40

I will make it! Twisted Evil
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 07.05.09 21:43

+1.
    Sounds like most of the AIRDOG staff will be there in full support!
    MagisterMortis,
    Let us know if you need anything from the AIRDOG store or field items.
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Post  MagisterMortis 08.05.09 3:50

Tak, cool, looking forward to talking with you. I think I'm covered on the props end of it. If you happen to have a couple of orange pylons/saftey cones that would be cool. If not, I can work around it. I'm glad you and Rhino and the guys get a chance to play for a change. Hope you and everyone else that comes has some fun.

Todd / Magister

PWNY Express

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 12.05.24 9:23