Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+6
T.F.K-Mike
ATLAS
UBCS Gibbs
Zartan72
XXX
10 posters

COD4 :D :D :D

XXX
    XXX

COD4 :D :D :D Empty COD4 :D :D :D

Post  XXX 08.01.09 17:36

So right now I play cod4 on my comp. and its my all time favorite game at the moment? Does anyone else have it for pc? it would be fun to all get together one server and play.

I also enjoy the paintball mod and the zombie mod.

I can create a server.

COD4 :D :D :D Empty Re: COD4 :D :D :D

Post  |337 08.01.09 19:07

cod 4 pc is teh |337

Last edited by |337 on 14.01.09 10:20; edited 1 time in total
    Zartan72
    Zartan72

COD4 :D :D :D Empty COD 4/5

Post  Zartan72 09.01.09 0:02

Sorry boys love the games but I have it on the PS3.When I'm not on the field you can always find me with a controller in my trigger hand.
    ZarTan
    UBCS Gibbs
    UBCS Gibbs

Post  UBCS Gibbs 09.01.09 0:35

Ewww... PS3...

Xbox all the way.

Post  |337 09.01.09 0:35

pc owns ps3 and360

nuff' said

bounce bounce

gosh stop posting while i am writing
    UBCS Gibbs
    UBCS Gibbs

Post  UBCS Gibbs 09.01.09 0:49

Meh, PC is okay. You can do more, but I have alot more fun with my friends over XBL then the PC any day. Even with Vent or Xfire.
    Zartan72
    Zartan72

Post  Zartan72 13.01.09 23:48

COD 4-5 The Greatest Games on the Planet!!!!!
    UBCS Gibbs
    UBCS Gibbs

Post  UBCS Gibbs 14.01.09 1:01

Halo 2 is still the best game on Earth.

I spent more hours on that game then most likely any of you have spent on all other games together.

5 hours a day on weekdays and 12 hours on weekends from release date (Nov. 9, 2004), until my high school graduation (March, 2007). Never had more fun or made as much money playing games as I did back then!!!
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 14.01.09 8:29

Xbox 360 owns only because it loads the games so much faster than the PS3, but i am on my third 360 because they keep frying the hard drive. Halo is ok, but the best 360 game has got to be ARMY OF TWO. You really need two people to truely enjoy it.
    UBCS Gibbs
    UBCS Gibbs

Post  UBCS Gibbs 14.01.09 17:22

Army of Two blew huge donkey cock. (No offense)

Part of my review:
    Army of Two Review
    --By Sphincter

First Impressions:
    I went into this game thinking that I would be playing another Gears of War. I was happy when the game just started and didn’t feel that way. The opening cinematic was very cheesy but got the whole agro thing into my head. (If you have played WoW or any other MMO, then you already know what agro is... this is just an advanced version of it). Its not a hard concept to get your head around in the tutorial, but it doesn’t work that well, at least in the tutorial it didn’t.

Gameplay/Controls:
    I play lots of Halo. We all have played lots of Halo, and we have gotten to know that fine, crisp feeling when you shoot someone in the head with a nice battle rifle shot. In this game, you really lack the feeling, and the general ability, to shoot anyone, anywhere with any accuracy. The aiming is off, by a lot. This is due to two things: 1) The aiming is at an angle, this makes it hard to hit targets when hiding behind cover (like a corner). 2) The aiming is designed for PC. This is an Xbox game, with PC mouse handling. No matter what sensitivity you put it on, you will never get it just right, there is no pad acceleration, like in many other shooters, that will make it easier to aim. In this game, once you start to aim in a direction, you stay aiming that way till you let off completely.

The Y button is the rip off of the A button from Gears. It will allow you to roll into cover (hardly works in the right direction) and jump over objects (which you usually cannot, or you jump over the wrong thing)

The teamwork aspect of the game was supposed to be the highlight of the game, which is mostly the agro system. This system is supposed to make the enemy shoot at the player that is causing the most havoc to the enemy. Well, this system works, to a point. After a while, you start to notice a lot of inconsistencies. I first noticed this when I had the M249 SAW equipped, pimped and decked out to the most agro you could (about 80% of the way), my friend has the Styer AUG with all the silencers and minimal agro you could. I would spray about 50 shots to get the enemies heads down, my friend would move up and shoot 2 shots, while I was firing, and he would then get all the agro, get shot at, and die. This happened way too many times to be a general bug, it was just not programmed right. It was a great idea, but EA messed it up.

The autosave... always a problem with games now. This game is no exception. Without the ability to save, you rely on the autosave, and it will not forgive you for messing up. When you die, prepare to go back... far... very far.

The gun customization is about the only cool thing going for the gameplay. It was a cool feature, but it was very bland and didn’t include that many upgrades. Sure it was cool to “pimp” your AK47, but where is my ACOG on my M4A2?

Graphics:
    Nothing much to say here. Player models look good, but the textures on the walls and the rest of the world are lacking. They look like old engine tech. Reloading animation is the same for every gun and the cut scenes are lacking. They are almost not worth watching, but then again, you cannot skip them.

Sound:
    Gun sounds are generic, lacking in atmospheric sounds and ambient noises. Music is decent, not the best soundtrack but it doesn’t ruin the mood, but neither does it set it.

The voice acting, it is terrible. There are a few funny lines, but for the most part, the game has bad voice actors.

Storyline:
    With bad voice acting, comes a bad story. This was supposed to be a story of 2 men and their struggle with corruption and double crossing neighbours. You may have to hear the story, but I would rather just be killing everyone, because the story did not keep my attention. They also left out many of the side characters. You got introduced to them, then never saw them again.

Overall:
    Not very happy with the game. It can be beaten in a day with a friend that is decently skilled in shooters. You will die a lot due to the strange damage system and the bad aiming, but you can beat it in a day. And with the bad story and not so good soundtrack, I am glad that I didn’t have to pay for my copy.

Presentation: 6/10 – Game was presented in a good manner, decent graphics and okay sounds, but they all got old after the first few minutes
    Graphics: 7/10 – Good player models, but lacking in textures for walls and floors. A lot of clipping and AA problems. Filters also broke during some cut scenes.
    Sound: 5/10 – Generic gun sounds (they all sound the same for the most part), lows aren’t low and highs aren’t high. Music is bland and doesn’t set a mood.
    Gameplay: 4/10 – Bad controls, short campaign, stupid single player AI and stupid enemy AI
    Lasting Appeal: 2/10 – You will beat it once, then never play it again
    Overall: 5/10 – I would only recommend this game for a rent. Play it with a friend when you have a sleepover, then return it the next day. You will want to.

T.F.K-Mike

Post  T.F.K-Mike 14.01.09 17:35

ahh yes cod4 and 5 for PS3 FTW!!!

psn id: WoRlD_InSiGhT_02
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 15.01.09 18:45

UBCS Gibbs wrote:Storyline:
    With bad voice acting, comes a bad story. This was supposed to be a story of 2 men and their struggle with corruption and double crossing neighbours. You may have to hear the story, but I would rather just be killing everyone, because the story did not keep my attention. They also left out many of the side characters. You got introduced to them, then never saw them again.

[/quote]

Where you and i playing different games? Everyone in the storyline either you kill, save, or gets blown up.

As far as the AGRO not working... who are you going to shoot at the guy 100 yards away spraying with a cannon, or the guy 50yrds away shooting at you with a scoped rifle? AGRO only works if you are shooting. if you put your head down and stop shooting you are of no importance to the enemy.

If you didn't at least give online play a chance you missed the whole point of the game!

I have personally beaten the game 24 times and absolutly love it!
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 15.01.09 21:07

UBCS Gibbs wrote:Halo 2 is still the best game on Earth.

I spent more hours on that game then most likely any of you have spent on all other games together.

5 hours a day on weekdays and 12 hours on weekends from release date (Nov. 9, 2004), until my high school graduation (March, 2007). Never had more fun or made as much money playing games as I did back then!!!

Ohh i don know about that, the new SOCOM for the PS3 is supposedly really really good.
    firby911
    firby911

Post  firby911 15.01.09 22:35

Confrontation is ight,the servers suck big time though.
    Iraski
    Iraski

Post  Iraski 16.01.09 4:45

I play CoD4 for PC with my clan ([BrC] Brutal Redemption) occasionally, though they're mostly in Europe. We're more of a group of friends than a real clan, but we've stayed together for the most part from game to game for a good 4 years since we formed as an outfit in Planetside. Recently I took over Teamspeak hosting duty after our previous host had to move.

Mostly I game on the PC, built it myself. I've also got a 360 but its currently in the mail for a RRoD repair after about a year and a half of use. If anyone cares to know I'm Iraski on Xfire and Live.
    UBCS Gibbs
    UBCS Gibbs

Post  UBCS Gibbs 17.01.09 0:21

atlas wrote:As far as the AGRO not working... who are you going to shoot at the guy 100 yards away spraying with a cannon, or the guy 50yrds away shooting at you with a scoped rifle? AGRO only works if you are shooting. if you put your head down and stop shooting you are of no importance to the enemy.

Yeah, the guy with the AUG was usually really far away and it was while I was shooting.

A horrible game IMHO.
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 20.01.09 20:17

Hey Gibbs, I hate reviews by other people. It so much better to play the game yourself and decide if you like it then have someone tell you it sux.
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 20.01.09 20:36

XXX wrote:Hey Gibbs, I hate reviews by other people. It so much better to play the game yourself and decide if you like it then have someone tell you it sux.

True. We obviously have vastly different opinions on this matter.
    UBCS Gibbs
    UBCS Gibbs

Post  UBCS Gibbs 21.01.09 10:22

XXX wrote:Hey Gibbs, I hate reviews by other people. It so much better to play the game yourself and decide if you like it then have someone tell you it sux.

That was MY review.

I think I am gonna go MLG again this year for CoD4 for the 360. If anyone is any good and wants to try out for a 3v3 HC SND team then let me know.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix

Post  Phoenix 21.01.09 15:44

On the PC vs. console issue, I have one question: How much money have you put into your computer thus far? More than $300? 'Nuff said. And as far as Army of Two goes, I think it was ok, but I couldn't ever get a good connection for online play. It was obnoxious. I can get perfect games for Halo and CoD and such, but I tried almost 10 times and never got a game without terrible lag. But to be on topic CoD 4 is amazing, and Shane, you and I need to have a showdown this weekend when I come home, because we never did it before I left. I smell blood... Twisted Evil

Post  |337 21.01.09 16:27

I predict matt will destroy you shane, especially if it is on the 360
    Phoenix
    Phoenix

Post  Phoenix 21.01.09 16:33

Mwahahahaa!!! Recognize my power! Although Shane could probably beat me if it was on a PC. At least for a little while Very Happy

Post  |337 21.01.09 16:35

Maybe for a few minutes while you got used to it, but shane only plays cod4 and you have a more experience to draw from
    Phoenix
    Phoenix

Post  Phoenix 21.01.09 16:48

But since he only plays CoD 4, he's probably better at that game than I am. It would take me at least a game or two to find my groove again, I haven't played it in so long...
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 21.01.09 16:53

Okay Matt... will kick my butt... but on pc I will most definitely win. Install xp on your mac and then we can truly see. I have played lots of kids on the xbox360 but you and Alex as always are the ones that are hard to beat... I was at Drake's house and this kid was bragging about how he had all the golden guns and did in under 10 hours. I played him and the only match he won was the one that he camped in. Phoenix you should go against Gibbs that would be a match weren't you in MLG? You should play him while he hang out so that I can give a record to the forum.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 9:00