Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
NJSC
soldier8998
6 posters

airsoft ban in cobb county

soldier8998
    soldier8998

airsoft ban in cobb county Empty airsoft ban in cobb county

Post  soldier8998 11.06.09 12:03

cobb county has a ban on airsoft. its only aloud inside or in your backyard. just thought id warn everyone. the kids in my neighborhood shot up our pool house and blamed me but woohoo i didnt get blamed and so now im off to kick the living _____ out of those little punks. talk to all later. (thinking of what bones to break Twisted Evil

ADMIN EDIT: Watch your language please. -Recon

Last edited by reconsniperga on 11.06.09 12:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Language)
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

airsoft ban in cobb county Empty Re: airsoft ban in cobb county

Post  NJSC 11.06.09 12:25

Is this an actual county restriction or just one the cops told you?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 11.06.09 17:22

Yeah, do you have a source?
    This is kind of bad, not in the fact that it's going to make a big difference for me, but just that airsoft is getting a bad name.

Last edited by Admin on 11.06.09 19:19; edited 1 time in total
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 11.06.09 19:12

Admin wrote:Yeah, do you have a source?

ditto and a little nub whose caught up in some rumor his parents made to discourage airsoft. I would have seen something on Channel 2 usually it has to be pretty serious for it to be banned.
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 11.06.09 20:08

i looked it up online, its not really an airsoft ban... just doesnt let you shoot stuff on other peoples property, but its not airsoft specific, and there are laws like that everywhere

Robert Melton Jr
    19 year old white male
    Woodstock, Ga 30188
    Discharging of rifles-
    Twice in two weeks we have had to deal with the discharging of pellet guns or a firearm inside one of our communities.
    I am unable to find any law that would restrict a person from the carrying of a rifle or shotgun through our communities. The laws deal mainly with the possession of handguns or pistols. But, there are laws in place that restrict the discharging of any such weapon.
    Below is the Cobb County Ordinance on such discharging of a weapon.
    Sec. 86-5. Weapons discharge.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge a firearm, air rifle, pellet gun, slingshot, crossbow or other similar device into or over property belonging to another person or entity without first obtaining written permission from that person or entity.
    (b) In addition to the penalty provided for in § 86-1, if the person charged with violating this ordinance is a minor, it will be within the discretion of the officer issuing the citation to issue a warning. If this is done, a duplicate of the warning will be sent to the minor’s parents or legal guardian by certified mail.
    (c) The provisions of this section shall not apply to:
    (1) Persons who discharge one of these devices in defense of person or property;
    (2) Law enforcement officers in the performance of official duties;
    (3) Military forces of this state or the United States in the performance of official duties.
    In addition, Georgia Criminal Code 16-5-60, Reckless Conduct says-
    16-5-60.

Last edited by scooter on 12.06.09 9:14; edited 1 time in total
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 11.06.09 20:35

Yeah I think that falls under the "Common sense" section of our brains that they have to make laws for. This is not a ban.
    ontargetairsoft
    ontargetairsoft

Post  ontargetairsoft 07.08.09 15:29

[quote="scooter"](a) It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge a firearm, air rifle, pellet gun, slingshot, crossbow or other similar device into or over property belonging to another person or entity without first obtaining written permission from that person or entity.

That rule pretty much applies to most city ordinances, and it does include Airsoft (make the "Toy" argument all you want, it doesn't matter). I really wish parents and adult airsofters would brand this into their brains. When violations involving airsoft make the news it's one more black-eye on the sport. All their doing is working toward restrictive/permanent bans on the guns and creating a public perception that airsoft is nothing but trouble.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 10:56