Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

5 posters

Greetings from Henry County

RedG35

Greetings from Henry County Empty Greetings from Henry County

Post  RedG35 01.05.12 21:06

Hi all,

Thought I'd pop in and say 'hi'. Very Happy

Gotta' say I am totally new to airsoft but need to find *real* info on guns, fields, arena's etc. for my teenage son and his buddies. Having a choice between 'real' guns and airsoft he wants to get into airsoft. He could have (and I've offered) to get him a AR in .22 yet he's not interested. FWIW this would be a graduation present.

FWIW I've been "carrying concealed" since the early 70's. Favorite weapon is my 3" 1911! Smile My wife thinks I have waaaaaaay to many guns, and I (of course) figure there would never be a time when we have too many gun safes! Razz Actually our son is the only one that doesn't have a CCL. Even our baby girl got her CCL a few years back and carries both a Kimber .45 and a Ruger 9 as her daily weapons.

Any-who...... Hi to y'all and hope to see ya' on the flipside.

RedG
    PhoenixFlyer
    PhoenixFlyer

Greetings from Henry County Empty Re: Greetings from Henry County

Post  PhoenixFlyer 02.05.12 21:45

Welcome to the sport and the forum!
    I'm sure your son will have a lot of fun on the Airsoft Field. While "Real Steel" is fun, there is one thing you can do with an airsoft gun that you can't do with a real steel weapon, shoot at other people! It's a fun sport and I'm sure you will meet a great group of people.

As for fields around here, Airdog's Indoor field/shop is up in Conley and their outdoor field is down in Newnan. I know Metropolis Arena is around McDonough, but I haven't heard anything out of them in a while.

Looking forward to seeing you on the field.

Definitely can't go wrong with the .45 on your hip. So far, I prefer my Full Size Kimber to go with me where I go.
    Rock5
    Rock5

Post  Rock5 03.05.12 1:02

First off welcome to the sport PM me and we will talk.

Metropolis is a good field in McDonough also a new field started in Covington havn't been to it yet.

Personally carry Paraordance p12/45.
    RedG35

Post  RedG35 03.05.12 13:32

PhoenixFlyer wrote:Welcome to the sport and the forum!
    I'm sure your son will have a lot of fun on the Airsoft Field. While "Real Steel" is fun, there is one thing you can do with an airsoft gun that you can't do with a real steel weapon, shoot at other people! It's a fun sport and I'm sure you will meet a great group of people.....

Definitely can't go wrong with the .45 on your hip. So far, I prefer my Full Size Kimber to go with me where I go.

PhoenixFlyer,

Yeah, he tells me the same thing about "shooting at people". Suspect Says it's too boring to shoot at paper, or ANY other target for that matter. Might wanna' tell that to the bleeding Zombie targets we've been known to destroy. (and that little bit of tannerite added at the end might just make it better) affraid

Yep, the place here in McDonough he and his buddies want to hit right away. Talks about checking out on finals Friday and going down there. We'll see!!! Rolling Eyes Conley shouldn't be a problem if one of us goes up there or the take a truckload of guys. (we lived in Morrow for 35 years and the wife still works in Lake City... for 33 years now).

Ahhh yes, the good ol' Kimber. bounce My 'daily' is a the Ultra TLE II (nightsights) in 3", with a LC9 +laser as a backup. My daughter OTOH, bought herself a Super Carry Pro (nightsites) 4" a few months back. DAM# that is one sexy gun! And especially on a little girl. (well she's not a "little" girl, she's 24 but you know what I mean about a beautiful gun on a woman) Wink While she can't make the big Kimber fit into her everyday 'look' she always has her SR9C and is pretty darned good with it too. cheers Needless to say she always makes friends when she walks into a gun store. Smile

Any-who.... I'm on a mission to try to 'steer' the 18 year old towards the best possible gun for the money. He's not exactly listening and wants an 'all in one' package where it's built out from the store. (airsoftmegastore.com )
    I've started a thread on how to spend $500, might wanna' pop in and join the fun there.

Later,

RedG

RedG35

Post  RedG35 03.05.12 13:51

Rock5 wrote:First off welcome to the sport PM me and we will talk.

Metropolis is a good field in McDonough also a new field started in Covington havn't been to it yet.

Personally carry Paraordance p12/45.

Rock5,

Thanks for the invite dude! Smile
    Yep, Metropolis they plan to hit ASAP. We live in McDonough, just east of 20/81 out 20 so I suspect they'll be there as often as he can afford it. The rest of the time there is always plenty of space around here. We've got a ton of space down by the creek, expect to see lil' bb's down there by the tens of thousands before long.

Para makes a NICE weapon. Old friend from school has one, 3" sorta two-tone look. Don't see it on their website now, but it's sorta' like the LDA's but his has a hammer. I've looked at the 14/45 tactical.... what a eff-n BEAST! Twisted Evil I'm curious about the new XDm's in .45 but I've got a XDm 3.8 (9) already. Runs really smooth, but the factory 3-dots are as bad as I've ever seen when it comes to accuracy. scratch Me loves my compact guns, but darned if we've been able to figure out the sights on that puppy.

Oh well, thanks again for the welcome and invite. Might wanna' pop over to my (only) other thread on how to spend $500 and join in the fun. This kid is gonna' be a hard sell if it's not something he's seen on a freaking website for SURE.

Later,
    RedG
    Rock5
    Rock5

Post  Rock5 04.05.12 2:52

No probs man, checked out the other thread last night the guys saying to go G&G or KWA the build on it have it exactly right.

The P12/45 is a commander stlyle 1911 with double stack mag love it for concealed carry. The XDm in 45 is also a good weapon handles very nice. We need to hook up will let you try the XDm out.

I could also give your son tips on Airsoft and let him try out some of the 11 AEG I own, my boys play with me.
    RedG35

Post  RedG35 06.05.12 16:32

Hey dude, thought I'd give ya' an update. To my amazement JW picked out the G&G CM16. It was a a bit of a shock because he tends to want to be different. Like say he didn't want to have an "old school looking" gun. None the less, the carbine will likely fit how he wants to play.

What I liked is the off the shelf availability of parts, hopup stuff and the like. (heard the KWA may be a problem getting parts but what do I know.) ;-)

Ended up changing out the stock to the G36 style, doing Magpul PTS on the grip and stubby, AIM 30mm red dot and a riser, Madbull Gemtech out front, 2 wind up hi-caps and one of those string pull Lonex wind up mags, dual mag clip, plus they threw in a Tenergy battery pack in place of the OEM, BB's etc. I'm sure there's something I forget... whatever.

Oh, also threw in a 6 day punch pass that I thought was pretty cool.

Gotta' run... getting the stink eye from the wife. (she's wanting to work on that honey do list)

Later,

Tony

NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 06.05.12 16:43

Glad he found something he wanted! He should join the forum too!

Post  Guest 06.05.12 19:59

"changing the stock out to the G36 style"

Was ist das?
    cagcmc@gmail.com

Post  cagcmc@gmail.com 06.05.12 20:12

RedG35 wrote:Hey dude, thought I'd give ya' an update. To my amazement JW picked out the G&G CM16. It was a a bit of a shock because he tends to want to be different. Like say he didn't want to have an "old school looking" gun. None the less, the carbine will likely fit how he wants to play.

What I liked is the off the shelf availability of parts, hopup stuff and the like. (heard the KWA may be a problem getting parts but what do I know.) ;-)

Ended up changing out the stock to the G36 style, doing Magpul PTS on the grip and stubby, AIM 30mm red dot and a riser, Madbull Gemtech out front, 2 wind up hi-caps and one of those string pull Lonex wind up mags, dual mag clip, plus they threw in a Tenergy battery pack in place of the OEM, BB's etc. I'm sure there's something I forget... whatever.

glad he picked the Combat machine... its a good gun, very dependable and durable...

but btw, the kwa is very compatible with aftermarket products, but it works best with kwa gears cuz it doesn't require shimming like other brands do... but kwa is the best... enough said
    Rock5
    Rock5

Post  Rock5 08.05.12 1:28

Glad it worked out for ya. The Metropolis guys are good people. Just got back from New Mexico maybe see ya down there this coming weekend.
    RedG35

Post  RedG35 09.05.12 15:56

Aggressor wrote:"changing the stock out to the G36 style"

Was ist das?

Ooops, gerade festgestellt, Meine Schuld, das ist ein G26 lagernd. Bitte entschuldigen Sie meine Fehler mein Freund.

Later dude rabbit
    RedG35

Post  RedG35 09.05.12 16:09

cagcmc@gmail.com wrote: glad he picked the Combat machine... its a good gun, very dependable and durable...

but btw, the kwa is very compatible with aftermarket products, but it works best with kwa gears cuz it doesn't require shimming like other brands do... but kwa is the best... enough said

Appreciate it dude. Hey I hear ya' on the KWA. At the end of the day (for now) it just wouldn't fit in the budget considering he wanted upgrades ON THE SPOT. Arrow Ended up dropping 5 on it as it was. Rolling Eyes

OTOH, I'm seriously looking into a full metal CQBW for myself. Wouldn't see a lot of use, but given what I'd spend on "real steel" I can live with it. pirat Figure I can trick it here and there, and who knows... might let the kid borrow it sometimes. Guess that'll be the next thread huh? bounce

Later,
    Red

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 10:58