Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+3
NJSC
WPeake23 [SOTHG]
Gonzo
7 posters

Saw Problem

Gonzo
    Gonzo

Saw Problem Empty Saw Problem

Post  Gonzo 29.07.09 19:37

During the last SAAL game at Area-13 my saw was perfroming well threw the tournement games and as soon as the first walk-on game started it made a strange noise before I shot. The noise sounds like the motor is turning but not hitting any of the gears inside. So I decided to bring the gun up to airdog and try to get it fixed and Rhino told me to raise the motor inside the gun. I did this today but it did not solve the problem. Then as soon as I was about to put the Gearbox in the body of the gun a small metal piece fell from the gearbox. The piece looks like several metal teeth from a gear. Is this small piece my problem or is it my motor? The saw also runs on a Lipo Battery if that helps any. confused
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Saw Problem Empty Re: Saw Problem

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 29.07.09 19:46

The piece is probably from the gear that moves the piston. Take it to Airdoggy, and they should be able to fix it for you. Might need to buy a new gearset.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 29.07.09 20:43

also remove your motor and see if your pinion gear is intact
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 29.07.09 21:33

Yeah I bet your spur gear got a few teeth riped off of it! I can take care of you at the shop.
    Gonzo
    Gonzo

Post  Gonzo 29.07.09 22:16

I looked the piece more closely and I do believe its the pinion Gear that broke.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 30.07.09 5:54

Gonzo wrote:I looked the piece more closely and I do believe its the pinion Gear that broke.
    Very possible but also VERY easy to detect and easy to replace without any fuss to the rest of the gearbox.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 30.07.09 14:15

Gonzo wrote:I looked the piece more closely and I do believe its the pinion Gear that broke.
    Take a look at the motor and see if the pinion's stripped. But it wouldn't suprise me if it's a stripped pinion if you're running an A&K SAW on a lipo.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 01.08.09 18:16

Ditto, motor pinion or bevel stripping. Just once you replace the gears damaged, that is YOU(Gonzo) not to Rhion, check the height on the motor so that it is meshing with the bevel.

However I doubt it could be the spur gear, but isn't any kind of damage to the spur gear considered only to happen in very rare issues, or is it all a issue with the high speed gear ratio not having the torque to compress the spring? Any answers appreciated.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 9:30