Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
#CW!!ZERO
jkeeble2
6 posters

which sniper rifle

jkeeble2
    jkeeble2

which sniper rifle Empty which sniper rifle

Post  jkeeble2 21.08.09 15:00

hey im considering getting a good gas bolt action sniper rifle and im just wondering what you guys would suggest iv seen a lot about jg bar 10s but im not really sure so anybody want to point me in the right direction
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

which sniper rifle Empty Re: which sniper rifle

Post  #CW!!ZERO 21.08.09 15:10

Oh Nyes a which gun question, all this is going to turn into is everyone recommending a different gun to you. But first off spring rifles and gas rifles have a huge gap in accuracy. I read people saying that you can make them just as accurate but it is impossible. I had a TM Vsr-10 G-Spec and I got on my average groupings of 5 shots at 100 feet about no less then 1.5 inches and never greater then 3.5 inches. With a gas KJW M700 that I put the hopup arm and nineball rubber (which came straight from my Vsr-10), and I never got any better then 5 inches at 100 feet and my average was about 6.5 inches, so of course you have a heavier bolt pull with spring but you have the freeze up problem(unless you switch to dry nitrogen, which requires modifications) but they are just not setup as good as the Vsr-10 with the whole hopup assembly. If you have any other questions just PM me.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 21.08.09 16:05

#CW!!ZERO wrote:Oh Nyes a which gun question, all this is going to turn into is everyone recommending a different gun to you. But first off spring rifles and gas rifles have a huge gap in accuracy. I read people saying that you can make them just as accurate but it is impossible. I had a TM Vsr-10 G-Spec and I got on my average groupings of 5 shots at 100 feet about no less then 1.5 inches and never greater then 3.5 inches. With a gas KJW M700 that I put the hopup arm and nineball rubber (which came straight from my Vsr-10), and I never got any better then 5 inches at 100 feet and my average was about 6.5 inches, so of course you have a heavier bolt pull with spring but you have the freeze up problem(unless you switch to dry nitrogen, which requires modifications) but they are just not setup as good as the Vsr-10 with the whole hopup assembly. If you have any other questions just PM me.

The reason that gas rifles are generally not as accurate is because you can't get consistent velocities because of the way propane/GG works. Now, if you want to spend a good bit, and you don't mind having an external tank, you can get a High Pressure Air tank, remote coil, and a nice regulator, then tap the mags, and you'll get +-1 FPS readings, provided you got a good enough regulator. Plus, you'll be able to adjust the velocity so you can go right up to the limit at any field.

However, that's all kind of a hassle, and it'll cost you some money. Plus, you're kinda limited as far as upgrades go. if you do decide to go down the gas route, Biovals and the PDI hopup (I think it's PDI... might be Layllax...). The JG BAR-10 is only really good if you upgrade it right. Billy (Airsoftsniper25) has a pretty rockin' BAR-10 that he's selling for $200. All it really needs is a TBB, but it's pretty accurate as is.
    Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 22.08.09 16:40

The Bar 10 in my appinion is diffinatley the best choice, it gets better range and power than the TM it is cloned from.

But if you want looks and firepower i would go for an L96.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 22.08.09 17:42

Gunny1.5 wrote:The Bar 10 in my appinion is diffinatley the best choice, it gets better range and power than the TM it is cloned from.

Get the A&k Dragunov its all of that
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 22.08.09 18:37

its not upgradable the 10 series u can do what ever u want to it i mean what ever u want.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 22.08.09 18:59

sniper2525 wrote:its not upgradable the 10 series u can do what ever u want to it i mean what ever u want.
    Yep. Plus, the SVD is a HUGE gun.
    jkeeble2
    jkeeble2

Post  jkeeble2 22.08.09 20:26

iv done the whole semi auto sniper thing and it made me lazy so i think im gonna try to stick to bolts for now
    Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 23.08.09 22:48

Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:
    Gunny1.5 wrote:The Bar 10 in my appinion is diffinatley the best choice, it gets better range and power than the TM it is cloned from.

Get the A&k Dragunov its all of that

The dragunov is a good gun, but it is too heavy for what little range it has.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 06.05.24 12:37