Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+4
Takfire
Admin
Zartan72
EZAC
8 posters

EZ Airsoft Company

EZAC
    EZAC

EZ Airsoft Company Empty EZ Airsoft Company

Post  EZAC 25.08.09 18:58

hey guys im from greenville south carolina and im trying to get a team together for the september 25-26 OP: FREEDOM 24 hour scenario game so send me some pics of your guns and maybe what roll you want on the team and let me know what you guys think thanks
    Zartan72
    Zartan72

EZ Airsoft Company Empty Re: EZ Airsoft Company

Post  Zartan72 25.08.09 19:25

EZAC,
    It's really nice to hear from a fellow player from another state.I will put the word out for your cause.See ya at the OP!
    EZAC
    EZAC

Post  EZAC 25.08.09 19:45

Hey thanks man do you think you could give me some tips on starting a team like maybe how many people should i get and maybe what roles are vital on a team you know stuff like that
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 25.08.09 19:55

EZAC wrote:Hey thanks man do you think you could give me some tips on starting a team like maybe how many people should i get and maybe what roles are vital on a team you know stuff like that
    You're going to want to start off with a manageable number, like 3-5. One of the biggest mistakes I think people make when starting a team is growing too fast. A lot of times, when people start a team, they try to get as many members as quickly as possible ("Hey, you play airsoft? Cool! Want to join my team? Oh, and what's your name?"). Also,as for roles, I've found that it's best to have mostly riflemen. Don't try to go crazy with the roles and add a bunch of SAW gunners and snipers. If you're doing a five-man team, maybe 3 riflemen, a support rifleman (not necessarily a SAW, but just someone who like fullauto), and maybe a Designated Marksman.
    Another thing is that you're going to want to have a designated chain of command. Just because you're starting the team doesn't necessarily mean you have to be the team leader.
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 25.08.09 20:15

Welcom EZAC!
    Thanks for helping us get the word out.
    OP: FREEDOM will be huge for Georgia and the entire Southeast!

There are many established teams on this board that can help you out.
    I agree with Admin's comments.

The key point during this OP for a new team will be to ensure you stick together and maintain good communication.
    Try to take a mission or two if you can and get the feel for each other as a cohesive team.
    Most important is to have a great time at the OP and use this as a springboard to get your team rolling.

See you guys at OP: FREEDOM!
    EZAC
    EZAC

Post  EZAC 25.08.09 20:23

ya i wasnt planning on being the leader im only fifteen i mean im not saying i couldn't do it but you know what i mean. so anyway where do i go about finding a couple of good players
    jjay3200

Post  jjay3200 25.08.09 21:06

EZAC wrote:hey guys im from greenville south carolina and im trying to get a team together for the september 25-26 OP: FREEDOM 24 hour scenario game so send me some pics of your guns and maybe what roll you want on the team and let me know what you guys think thanks

yeah i'll let some guys know about your team
    jjay3200

Post  jjay3200 25.08.09 21:08

Admin wrote:
    EZAC wrote:Hey thanks man do you think you could give me some tips on starting a team like maybe how many people should i get and maybe what roles are vital on a team you know stuff like that
    You're going to want to start off with a manageable number, like 3-5. One of the biggest mistakes I think people make when starting a team is growing too fast. A lot of times, when people start a team, they try to get as many members as quickly as possible ("Hey, you play airsoft? Cool! Want to join my team? Oh, and what's your name?"). Also,as for roles, I've found that it's best to have mostly riflemen. Don't try to go crazy with the roles and add a bunch of SAW gunners and snipers. If you're doing a five-man team, maybe 3 riflemen, a support rifleman (not necessarily a SAW, but just someone who like fullauto), and maybe a Designated Marksman.
    Another thing is that you're going to want to have a designated chain of command. Just because you're starting the team doesn't necessarily mean you have to be the team leader.

man you are so right about that ah man i really need to join your team now
    Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 25.08.09 21:20

Takfire wrote:The key point during this OP for a new team will be to ensure you stick together and maintain good communication.

This is the most important thing with starting a new team.
    I am on Georgia Dragon Squad and we just got started about 5 months ago, and we still have problems with communication.

The best fix for this is having walkie talkies and/or shouting out across the field.

And make sure that when you get hit, you let your team know who is out.

Example: "Hit! Gunny is hit!"etc.
    EZAC
    EZAC

Post  EZAC 25.08.09 21:23

guys i can't thank you enough for this well keep spreading the word about my team and if you guys need anything just let me know and is there kind of like a warm up type deal before OP
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 25.08.09 21:26

EZAC wrote:guys i can't thank you enough for this well keep spreading the word about my team and if you guys need anything just let me know and is there kind of like a warm up type deal before OP
    Well, on Friday, a lot of us are going to camp out, and I think we're playing a night game and watching Black Hawk Down.
    EZAC
    EZAC

Post  EZAC 25.08.09 21:31

ya i know about that i think im gonna be joining you guys for the camping but i mean are there any games coming up before OP like early september or something
    jjay3200

Post  jjay3200 25.08.09 21:32

EZAC wrote:ya i know about that i think im gonna be joining you guys for the camping but i mean are there any games coming up before OP like early september or something
    yeah talk to admin he'll let u know
    EZAC
    EZAC

Post  EZAC 26.08.09 17:45

so anyone want to join my team all offers will be taken into serious consideration
    EZAC
    EZAC

Post  EZAC 30.08.09 2:25

Ok guys i have one official member and another being taken into serious consideration and i have aquired 4-6 walkie talkies do you think i should get some head sets or not oh and guys i got a ghillie suit and its awesome
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 30.08.09 8:08

Cool man, It sounds like you got the ball rolling there. Good luck!

Post  Guest 30.08.09 13:05

One thing you may want to consider is how your men are going to link back up with you after they have been hit and are coming back into play. You can have your strength significantly reduced if your men cant come back to you after they respawn.
    jjay3200

Post  jjay3200 30.08.09 17:04

EZAC wrote:Ok guys i have one official member and another being taken into serious consideration and i have aquired 4-6 walkie talkies do you think i should get some head sets or not oh and guys i got a ghillie suit and its <CENSORED> awesome

so your getting the team together is it just for this one event
    EZAC
    EZAC

Post  EZAC 30.08.09 19:44

nah were debut at OP and with the walkie talkies and some headsets we should be able to get our respawned players back to us and thanks Q-bald i just hope this doesnt back fire and im currently talking to georgia dragons about becoming a linked team
    EZAC
    EZAC

Post  EZAC 17.09.09 22:20

Bump
    jjay3200

Post  jjay3200 19.09.09 22:12

EZAC wrote:Bump

what are we waiting on i tell my team and see if we can ally with you and help u out
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 19.09.09 23:39

2 Letters for you jjay. P-M

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 12.05.24 6:56