Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

3 posters

stripped piston-recommendations?

MP5GUY
    MP5GUY

stripped piston-recommendations? Empty stripped piston-recommendations?

Post  MP5GUY 05.10.09 17:57

Alright so yesterday I stripped my piston while in a game, and I've had different people say different things about what kind of piston to replace it with. I would also like to know if it would be beneficial to use a new piston head, I've heard to use a head with ball bearings. If it makes a difference, the gun in question is a Classic Army G3 that is stock except for the barrel. If there are any other parts that would also be recommended for this gun, I would also be open to that as well.
    Rhino
    Rhino

stripped piston-recommendations? Empty Re: stripped piston-recommendations?

Post  Rhino 05.10.09 18:05

My recommendations are as follows..... Airdog Elite piston $75.00 (as close to unbreakable as possible), Deepfire full tooth titanium piston, Ultra piston, supercore piston, Element Orange. These are all pistons that have proven themselfs to us. Weather you need a very high end piston or just a "great" piston depends on what voltage battery and spring you are or will be using. If your needing someone to do the work also we at Airdog can get you done.
    MP5GUY
    MP5GUY

Post  MP5GUY 05.10.09 18:16

Nah I just stick to my 9.6 2200mAh. I think I'll be going for an m120 soon, so I don't really think that an unbreakable piston is necessary. What are your thoughts on a new piston head? how essential is it that I get a new one?
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 05.10.09 18:19

I dont think you really need a new one unless it looks like it has damange or if the O-ring is worn. I love the G&P bearing piston heads. We sell them for 12.00. If you have the extra 12.00 go ahead and replace it.
    MP5GUY
    MP5GUY

Post  MP5GUY 31.10.09 11:17

Actually I've decided that I'd rather not do this myself, as I don't have some of the necessary tools. My friend Kevin tells me almost everyday to go into airdog, they'll fix me up, sow how much $$$ is that gonna run me?
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 31.10.09 13:46

Personally I agree with Rhino. I would get the Element orange piston...or anything with a full metal tooth system but the piston itself your going to want it to be light so go with a ABS piston w/ full metal teeth.

Get the higher spring ASAP though. It won't cost much to install and it will increase the return rate so your sector gear isn't catching the piston out of time which most likely caused the piston teeth to strip in the first place.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 1:16