Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+9
jkeeble2
Tinman
Chief
frog
scooter
MagisterMortis
Q-bald
Alpine
weed
13 posters

Operation Morphine post game discussion

weed
    weed

Operation Morphine post game discussion Empty Operation Morphine post game discussion

Post  weed 10.10.09 22:09

Aight, so I only got to play the first 2 games, and the last game, but in the time I played, it was bloody fun! The games were awesome, objectives where great, everyone played well. Way to go terrorists for winning, lets just not let our troops know that! lol. Anyways, post your favorite moments, least favorite moments, funniest moments, w/e here! For me, last game was cool because of the mobile bunker, it was a nice thing to try out, but my favorite moment was at the end of the 2nd game when the terrorists had to get to the barn and they pushed at the end, and then Americans pushed them right back out. That was a butt load of fun!
    Alpine
    Alpine

Operation Morphine post game discussion Empty Re: Operation Morphine post game discussion

Post  Alpine 10.10.09 22:21

There is alot of people I need to thank for helping and working so hard to get this done.You know who you are I can list everyone but this page would be full.But most of all the players showed up and played one awesome game today the turn out was great for some fun battles and missions.I think we had just over 50 players which in my opinion is a good number for awesome game play.But anyways Thanks to all who donated time and money for this op.I think we raised 700.00 dollars after a late donation. cheers And that is an win.Thanks to all who donated items for the raffle.And a special thanks to On Target Airsoft for thier donations.Be sure to look for them at the swap meet also.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Operation Morphine post game discussion Empty Re: Operation Morphine post game discussion

Post  Q-bald 10.10.09 22:50

OK...so I saw a lot of action today. The high light of the day for me was getting to capture and plant the flag in the first game. We held it strong and won the objective. Also in the third game i got my first bunker tag...What a rush!
    In the second game , Morlock and I were two of four bodyguards for a VIP with intel that could not be captured. We held up in the thick just to the right of North base and saw no action until like the last 60 sec of the game when we were rushed...We held strong and completed our objective. Another Highlight was getting to meet so many new peeps. Awesome Game play and........... Durks Durka Jihad!
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Post  MagisterMortis 10.10.09 23:29

From first horn to last, today had some wicked game play. The missions were hard but halfway through we started to click and rode the momentun on to victory at the end of the day.

Some thoughts....
    -Chief, I knew this was going to be a hard fought game when I heard you were going to be heading up the opposing forces. You didn't dissapoint at all. Glad to see Squad-144 growing and putting up some stiff competition.

-Paul and Cody, Thanks for buidling the bridge back. That was something that needed to happen imo. Also, thanks for heading up our second fire team, that was huge and both of your efforts were key in bringing home the victory today.

Altas and everyone on Cereal Killers who formed our Al Qaeda branch of the terrorists. The Al Qaeda and North Base defense was the surge we needed to shift the momentum of the overall Op. It was nice to play with CK again.
    Q, hated losing you to the infidels the last game. Still, the bunker tag you had in the next to last mission was sweet. I got to see the whole thing.

-Tinman and Frog, loved the props for this game (the blood transfusors were full of win, save for the ultra slow one Smile) and you kept play moving smoothly given the hour long time limits per mission. Great job.

-On Target Airsoft for putting on Op Homefont which let us let our troops know we're thinking about them and all they do for this country.

-Alpine, this is pretty much how I envisioned game play being when I singed up for membership for Area-13. Great game play and great sportsmanship. The between game banter was fun as well. Tell Chad he can run with me anytime. We had a blast punching folks tickets today.

Operation Morphine post game discussion Area1311
    Operation Morphine post game discussion Pwny_e10

Last edited by MagisterMortis on 11.10.09 12:58; edited 1 time in total
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 10.10.09 23:45

Thanks Magister Pwny done a great job as always Chad loved running with Pwny and Ck he even got brave the last part of the day and went C.O.D. on alot of the enemy everytime I saw him he was running and gunning on some US Forces.And yes we are rockin 13 we need to get everyone together who wants to form Team 13 and let's go to some fields and run as a squad.Hit me up sometime this week and we'll talk more.
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Post  MagisterMortis 11.10.09 0:10

Anything with 13 in it is a good thing. I think Chief will get on baord with it as well. Can you imagine fielding a team with the likes of who all showed up today. O_O That'd be sweet. Looking forward to that whole thing. Operation Morphine post game discussion Area1312Operation Morphine post game discussion Pwny_e11
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 11.10.09 0:14

Oh yea I'd love to show up with about 20 to 30 people strong from Pwny CK I.C.E and Squad 144 Valkyrie that would rock. What a Face
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 11.10.09 7:13

Overall this was a sweet game! It was by far the best OP ive ever been to. It ran extremely smooth and everyone knew exactly what their objectives were. The transfusion timers were definitely an awesome way to respawn. Unfortunately Weed, Stuey, and myself had to go traitor and fight our ck/pwny/taliban/alquaeda brethren, but we had a great time playing with chief and suad 144!
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 11.10.09 7:46

scooter wrote: The transfusion timers were definitely an awesome way to respawn.
    Yes!...These transfusion timers were a great prop especially when they became mobile. i liked being able to relocate our respawn.
    The Smoke charges turned out to be a great way to blow a base. And If Im ever gonna be the Tank driver again, I'm wearing a motor cycle helmet. I got like 10,000 rds to da head...surprised i didnt get any in my mouth with the goofy smile I had goin on at the time.....TO MUCH FUN!
    frog
    frog

Post  frog 11.10.09 9:34

Q, you mean you weren't wearing a helmet? I would have sworn you were wearing a shiny helmet.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 11.10.09 9:41

frog wrote:Q, you mean you weren't wearing a helmet? I would have sworn you were wearing a shiny helmet.

That's called a fresh shave my friend. The clean cut paid off .I seemed to be more aerodynamic. I'm the opposite of Sampson.
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 11.10.09 10:44

Awesome OP guys! Great times, great players, great cause! I saw some great "plays" on both sides! Paul, you almost had the objective on that second game! That was awesome!

Thanks Magister and Crew for a great battle!

Jason, Jeremy, and Alpine for all the work!

All the players on the US side did AWESOME!!! I have absolutly ZERO complaints and a TON of "atta boys"!
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 11.10.09 11:04

You guys did an amazing job of leading the teams . . . Agressor and Retherford had so many stinkin gun problems but did an amazing job with AlQueda.

Most intense battle goes to the final effort to take Al Queda base . . . like Chief said, "I almost slipped trying to walk the BBs were so thick!"

Best run goes to Al Queda too for splitting US forces and getting all the way to the barn and blowing the smoke charge from the previous game . . . JUST CUZ THEY WANTED IT SO BAD!

Good Day, Good Cause, Great People . . . can't go wrong with that! cheers cheers cheers

I DO think it is hilarious now that the Ice Cream truck guys cruise the neighborhood when we have events now . . . it is like they have a copy of our schedule and drive up in the creepy old Ice Cream van during every break!! affraid affraid
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 11.10.09 11:30

Tinman wrote:
    Best run goes to Al Queda too for splitting US forces and getting all the way to the barn and blowing the smoke charge from the previous game . . . JUST CUZ THEY WANTED IT SO BAD!

What game was that? Did'nt know that they made it to the barn when it was an acctual objective? (other than Paul who was feet away and just missed it!! Again, that was awesome!)
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 11.10.09 11:39

Chief wrote:
    Tinman wrote:

What game was that? Did'nt know that they made it to the barn when it was an acctual objective? (other than Paul who was feet away and just missed it!! Again, that was awesome!)

That was why it was funny . . . it was NOT an objective . . . they just took a small crew and busted through to the barn cuz they knew we failed to remove the bomb from the side . . . you know RED . . . anything for a laugh . . . who else would show up in a clown suit to register for an airsoft game!! lol! lol! lol!
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 11.10.09 12:05

Tinman wrote:
    Chief wrote:
    Tinman wrote:

That was why it was funny . . . it was NOT an objective . . . they just took a small crew and busted through to the barn cuz they knew we failed to remove the bomb from the side . . . you know RED . . . anything for a laugh . . . who else would show up in a clown suit to register for an airsoft game!! lol! lol! lol!
    I'm guessing that was after we moved the MASH unit to Zombe base, pulled out just about everyone but poor Kilo, Stew, and one or two others to watch our flank and harass the enemy. If it was BEFORE we "bugged out" then that WAS impressive!!

Even with all that it didn't stop Dragon (I believe it was him) from his "behind the enemy lines" knife kill on that game!!! Nice job Dragon!! (we've come to expect at least one move a game like that from you!)

Though I didn't witness it, one of the coolest "moves" was having the SEAL Team of six men, undetected behind enemy lines, watching the enemy respawn about 50 feet away, waiting for thier chance to get the enemy leader(s)! affraid

RED, THAT WHOLE CLOWN GET-UP WAS KINA CREEPY!!!! affraid affraid affraid

Last edited by Chief on 11.10.09 12:25; edited 1 time in total
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Post  MagisterMortis 11.10.09 12:15

The last push for the Al Qaeda base was insane. At one point toward the very end it looked more like thin white laser beams than your normal bb's being shot. Holding that base had a real sense of accomplishment attached to it.

The first Seal team insertion wreaked havoc on our positions and led to the US forces grabbing the intel. The insertion effectively led to us getting cut off from out back support and in the end with less than one minute to go I saw an entire wave of US forces coming for the intel led mainly by members of GDAS. once DT went down I knew I was done. I do apologize for handng over the wrong intel tongue. The insertion in the last mission of the day was a whole other story. Stick was our scout and when he saw the Seal team coming, he got word out we all re-positioned and were ready. At that point the Seal team had no choice but to go another route which kept the whole North base area safe for the bulk of the game. Cody also did a good job of keeping everyone up to date on what was going on further down the field as well.
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 11.10.09 12:33

MagisterMortis wrote:The insertion in the last mission of the day was a whole other story. Stick was our scout and when he saw the Seal team coming, he got word out we all re-positioned and were ready. At that point the Seal team had no choice but to go another route which kept the whole North base area safe for the bulk of the game. Cody also did a good job of keeping everyone up to date on what was going on further down the field as well.

We figured we would only get away with one "behind-the-lines" insertion. We figured you would'nt allow us to get away with that twice but also figured it wouldn't hurt to check. We were also hoping to get them to the fenceline before the horn blew so they might have a chance at a charge right away but they couldn't make it in time No "DENIED ACCESS - Signed, Magister and team" Evil or Very Mad
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Post  MagisterMortis 11.10.09 13:06

At the two minute mark we tightened up the perimeter around North base and left two guarding the road. Paul and Cody took up positions in a tree to the right of North base with clear lines of site to the bomb. I didn't notice them until I was making my way toward the bridge to exit the field.

This was one of those games where you got to witness some exceptional game play on both sides while being knee deep in the action as well. If you were rather new to the sport then this Op was one heck of an experience to be part of. Both sides matched up really well against each other.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 11.10.09 13:11

It was DEFINITELY strategy intense . . .
    Seemed like alot of folks who had played the field before had to get used to having more than double the number of bunkers as before!
    Changed a TON in how the games rocked along!
    jkeeble2
    jkeeble2

Post  jkeeble2 11.10.09 14:04

my god guys i am so mad i missed this. my freaking pft turned into a mini boot camp complete with marine corp DI's and instead of it taking an hour or so like normal it ended up being an all day event sorry guys
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 11.10.09 14:16

No problem you'll catch the next game.Anyways it's duty first.Give me a holler and we'll let you ,your brother and squad get some field time.Zack and Cody from Team Valkyrie done a great job for you.Even though my youngest Chad on C.K. got Zack about 3 times that day. Razz
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 11.10.09 14:19

And someone else that has given alot of time and effort and some blood on the field is Q-Bald cheers This guy has been a valuable asset to Area 13 and we are looking forward to some more of those IED's Laughing Thanks Q for all your help.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 11.10.09 14:32

Alpine wrote:And someone else that has given alot of time and effort and some blood on the field is Q-Bald cheers This guy has been a valuable asset to Area 13 and we are looking forward to some more of those IED's Laughing Thanks Q for all your help.

DITTO!! But you forgot to add that he has been a ton of laughs too!!
    He is like the field jester! jocolor
    lol! lol! lol!
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Post  MagisterMortis 11.10.09 14:38

Tinman wrote:It was DEFINITELY strategy intense . . .
    Seemed like alot of folks who had played the field before had to get used to having more than double the number of bunkers as before!
    Changed a TON in how the games rocked along!

Very true, the field doesn't play the same way it did six months ago. The Comm building down in the village part is now a big focal point. Don't believe that, any of the refs can tell you how much that place got lit up when someone was in there. That particular bunker has now become a pretty valubale take and hold objective in overall missions. I noticed yesterday that any slip ups seemed more magnified, possibly due to the toughness of the Ops but also in part how the village area is now set up. Either way, it will enhance game play going forward.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 06.05.24 6:58