Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+9
Stalker
#CW!!ZERO
Electioneer
Crazy Twitch
sniper2525
Rhino
NJSC
navyseal1000
13 posters

High Speed Gears?

High Speed Gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: High Speed Gears?

Post  |337 30.10.09 22:42

navyseal1000 wrote:And what about a Strafer for rof? Heck with all the gears, batteries, pistons, gear boxes, and all the other internals, just buy a Strafer for a few $100 more and you have your self 170 rps.
    Case closed.
    not quite
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 30.10.09 22:44

You can buy the strafer for whatever un-godly amount it is, then purchase a dry nitrogen tank, regulator, hose and bbs then you can shoot 170 rps.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 30.10.09 22:59

Lone Wolf wrote:
    Rhino wrote:That piston won't last long! 50 rps is no easy task!!!! Out of all the guns that come to our games I'm the only one with a gun doing over 50. If it was an easy task you would see more of those 40+ setups around.

Hmm...what about that custom airdog piston?

The airdog Elite piston will hold up no problem
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 30.10.09 23:30

i own two of the airdog elite pistons and they both are great one is doing 46 rps and the other 38
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 31.10.09 5:40

Electioneer wrote:You can buy the strafer for whatever un-godly amount it is, then purchase a dry nitrogen tank, regulator, hose and bbs then you can shoot 170 rps.

Thank you Reed, no need to spend $700+++ on somthing that is going to break (of course all guns don't last forever) but you can get 100 more rps and no batteries and internals to worry about with the Strafer. I read where the Strafer has only 3 moving parts, trigger, regulater, and the CO2 tank. Everything else from what I remember seeing does not move. Once you can buy the gun for $1500, really the only thing that is a HUGE can is you have to buy so many bbs for the thing plus refill the CO2 tank but thats not expensive, for the money and you are looking for rof but you have a high budget some of the time, do yourself a favor, save money and buy the Strafer.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 31.10.09 10:54

Go for it then, sell a few coins
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 31.10.09 10:56

Alright, so I made a comment about vortex bbmgs... It's pretty much the EXACT same thing as a Strafer, except homemade and WAY cheaper. You guys can trust me on this one, I've actually built one. These things work, and they work dang well.
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 31.10.09 13:51

Maybe I will NICK. I'll sell some of my coins that are worth $5,000 and buy the Strafer.
    so there, PEACE DUDE

Post  Guest 31.10.09 13:56

So, when can we expect to see the Strafer?
    BigD

Post  BigD 31.10.09 16:19

Stalker wrote:Again, the Strafer is overrated.
    Only when it's not pointed at you.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 31.10.09 17:11

yeah i don't know if i would trust it.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 01.11.09 16:50

There's no way I would trust a PVC pipe under those types of pressures! Look what happend to the strafer when CO2 was used and got clogged and its built out of aircraft aluminum! That PVC would be some awesome shapnel! There's a reason why military and law enforcement bought the strafer instead of some cheaply made pvc piping/gun.
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 01.11.09 16:59

Rhino wrote:There's no way I would trust a PVC pipe under those types of pressures! Look what happend to the strafer when CO2 was used and got clogged and its built out of aircraft aluminum! That PVC would be some awesome shapnel! There's a reason why military and law enforcement bought the strafer instead of some cheaply made pvc piping/gun.

Well said! It's not over rated....
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 01.11.09 17:17

Rhino wrote:There's no way I would trust a PVC pipe under those types of pressures! Look what happend to the strafer when CO2 was used and got clogged and its built out of aircraft aluminum! That PVC would be some awesome shapnel! There's a reason why military and law enforcement bought the strafer instead of some cheaply made pvc piping/gun.

It depends on the type of PVC you buy...

The guy on neospud bought it from http://www.mcmaster.com/#pvc-(schedule-40)-pipe-fittings/=4bbl4e
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 01.11.09 17:53

I dont care if its schedule 40 or 80! here is the pressure it can with stand and temp caused by the gas will effect it also. the max operating pressure is less than 358

High Speed Gears? - Page 2 Untitled
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 01.11.09 18:01

Well the thing is that not the entire gun is taking that high pressure. Most of it will escape directly into the vortex block and into the barrel, leaving a fairly low pressure in the rest of the gun. This is especially true with large BB chambers.

And if you REALLY just don't trust the PVC, buy metal pipe. It will be more expensive than PVC but still way less than a Strafer. Just saying though, I've never had any issue with PVC.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 01.11.09 18:01

You wouldn't trust it...but it works.

Those test are pretty reliable. It will not break until you are past 166 PSI according to that chart. He is using Below 100 PSI, but he doesn't ever put anymore than 120 PSI in his piping.
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 01.11.09 18:08

166? My pipe says its rated to 250...?
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 01.11.09 18:10

It took less than .5 seconds for the Strafer to exceed 400 psi, rip all the threading out of the bolt holes and burst! It happend so fast! Me nor Twitch knew what happend! I never even knew a problem had occured because it happend so fast! And the pressure escaping the barrel thing isnt the problem the problem is if you have a bb jam or if a little liquid CO2 gets sucked up forming into dry ice it can block the barrel and stop the gas/pressure from escaping the barrel leaving the PVC to burst. If it happend to the aluminum strafer it can certainly happen to far less inferior PVC gun
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 01.11.09 18:12

Rhino wrote:It took less than .5 seconds for the Strafer to exceed 400 psi, rip all the threading out of the bolt holes and burst! It happend so fast! Me nor Twitch knew what happend! I never even knew a problem had occured because it happend so fast! And the pressure escaping the barrel thing isnt the problem the problem is if you have a bb jam or if a little liquid CO2 gets sucked up forming into dry ice it can block the barrel and stop the gas/pressure from escaping the barrel leaving the PVC to burst. If it happend to the aluminum strafer it can certainly happen to far less inferior PVC gun

Did you even put a regulator to keep in check how much PSI was in the gun and not the hose?
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 01.11.09 18:14

I think you meant "far less SUperior..." Razz

And yes, I def understand what you're saying. But even with that being the case, with max 120psi, even if the pipe is frozen, it won't explode with enough force to really be a health hazard.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 01.11.09 18:22

Lone Wolf wrote:
    Rhino wrote:It took less than .5 seconds for the Strafer to exceed 400 psi, rip all the threading out of the bolt holes and burst! It happend so fast! Me nor Twitch knew what happend! I never even knew a problem had occured because it happend so fast! And the pressure escaping the barrel thing isnt the problem the problem is if you have a bb jam or if a little liquid CO2 gets sucked up forming into dry ice it can block the barrel and stop the gas/pressure from escaping the barrel leaving the PVC to burst. If it happend to the aluminum strafer it can certainly happen to far less inferior PVC gun

Did you even put a regulator to keep in check how much PSI was in the gun and not the hose?

The hose connects to the gun so that makes no sense...... But anyways Im done explains things, if you guys trust your pvc pipe, then great. There is nothing wrong with it but I just wont trust pvc piping that is rated at 890 psi burst when a tank of CO2 is double that!

Actually I meant inferior like I said. Definition of inferior = 2 a : of low or lower degree or rank b : of poor quality.

and if that 120 psi can not escape it will continue to increase.... thats how the strafer exceeded 400 psi..... It is regulated at 130 psi! Razz
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 01.11.09 18:27

Rhino wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

The hose connects to the gun so that makes no sense...... But anyways Im done explains things, if you guys trust your pvc pipe, then great. There is nothing wrong with it but I just wont trust pvc piping that is rated at 890 psi burst when a tank of CO2 is double that!

Actually I meant inferior like I said. Definition of inferior = 2 a : of low or lower degree or rank b : of poor quality.

and if that 120 psi can not escape it will continue to increase.... thats how the strafer exceeded 400 psi..... It is regulated at 130 psi! Razz

Well just if your that worried about it they do make pressure release valves that are set to release at PSI over w/e amount they are set at. My 200 PSI compressor has a similar valve that will release if it goes over 200 PSI safety rating. The tank is not going to burst though.
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 01.11.09 18:37

Very true. Those pop-off valves are great to have.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 01.11.09 18:44

lone wold u can not have a reugulator on the gas line its self ..... u can on the tank or the regulator like paintball guns have built into the gun.... the straffer runs on the same gas that my smart parts shocker ran on and my shocker ran on a 4500psi tank.... if you do the pvc pipe strafer thats great but it is prone to fail and when it does the shrapnel will be far worse than aluminum just breaking open.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 01.05.24 21:27