Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+6
scooter
NJSC
#CW!!ZERO
airsoftsniper25
reconsniperga
xplodingbunnys
10 posters

Sniper's . what kind should i get

xplodingbunnys
    xplodingbunnys

Sniper's . what kind should i get Empty Sniper's . what kind should i get

Post  xplodingbunnys 28.11.09 23:09

Hey guys, i'm looking into getting a sniper for Christmas. I don't know much about them ,and I want one that I can upgrade to around 550 fps to 600. I don't know how much that will cost, i don't like the L96 snipers, i'm looking at a JG BAR , because i heard that u could upgrade them more than most snipers. And please let me know how much it would cost to upgrade to 600 fps thanks!!!!

Sniper's . what kind should i get Empty Re: Sniper's . what kind should i get

Post  Guest 28.11.09 23:13

Billy from SOTHG (airsoftsniper on the forums) has a bonestock JG BAR10 that he loves, its really well performing, I had an upgraded TM VSR10, costs me a fortune though. Id ask Billy about his BAR10 though.
    xplodingbunnys
    xplodingbunnys

Post  xplodingbunnys 28.11.09 23:16

Aggressor wrote:Billy from SOTHG (airsoftsniper on the forums) has a bonestock JG BAR10 that he loves, its really well performing, I had an upgraded TM VSR10, costs me a fortune though. Id ask Billy about his BAR10 though.

Well do , thanks brotha!
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 28.11.09 23:20

[Ranting_Sarcasm]You want to buy a person? Isn't that illegal?[/Ranting_Sarcasm]

I have a JG Bar 10 that I could part with, I loved it, its just I am in need of funds. But even if you don't get mine (or Billy's) I would still suggest the Bar 10.
    airsoftsniper25
    airsoftsniper25

Post  airsoftsniper25 29.11.09 0:01

Aggressor wrote:Billy from SOTHG (airsoftsniper on the forums) has a bonestock JG BAR10 that he loves, its really well performing, I had an upgraded TM VSR10, costs me a fortune though. Id ask Billy about his BAR10 though.

thanks for the referral paul, but your information is incorrect... My JG bar 10 is upgraded a good bit and it is at the wall at AIRDOG for $200. The only thing you would need to add for the gun to shoot at what you want would be a new spring because it is currently at 500fps. This is easily the best deal for any upgraded rifle out there. PM me with any questions you may have about the gun or upgrades. Thanks
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 29.11.09 3:01

I think me and Trent are the few people that have broken around the 650fps mark and trust me dude, its expensive. I know mine when not even completed was well over $1200, and I know Trents (sniper2525) is in the same price range. Now most people are like, well Ill just get the fps up really high and be able to hit people from really far away. That is far from true, and unless u personally do all the upgrades and mods for yourself you will never be able to get those 300 foot body shots. You have to personally know what does what in your rifle, because just having the hopup bucking not even a 1/10 of a millimeter to the will make your shots multiple feet to the left or right. I dont know how many time I would just have to go in there and reset my hopup bucking a day. Under that much pressure stuff is bound to move outta place and constantly will. I am not at all trying to discourage you from becoming an airsoft sniper, I think it is a extremely valuable roll in an airsoft battle, (Rhino thinks otherwise and constantly makes fun of us for it), haha, but I believe and I know Trent believe that snipers are really something else. Now a sniper is just not some kid who goes out and gets a stock UTG L96 and a ghille, and is like look Daddy im a sniper. But an airsoft sniper has to be one with his rifle, he has to know at multiple distances what elevation to aim on his mildots, and how to compensate for wind. Because after my and Trents many years of sniping we both know that you only get that one shot, because if they hear that bb go wizzing by their head they are gonna run and hide and not stick back out for a long time. BB's are also a huge concern, most people are running these new heavy weight .36 and .4g bb's but so far after many many different bb type, I know trent and me both agree that the SGM .29 bb's arer far superior. With .36 Straight i got 4 inch groupings and now my old rifle, I could get always less then 2 inch groupings at 100 feet with the .29 SGM's, but it also took my many many many months of building my gun to what I thought was the best of the best. This summer I am going to take another stab at getting my soon to be Vsr-10 Smokey Stock rifle to get under inch groupings at 100 feet and shots well past 400 feet with some new technology, so if you need any help just give me or trent a ring and we will give you a hand. Be prepared to spend some major cash though to get you to where u want to be.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 29.11.09 10:07

Whoa whoa whoa. "New Technology?" "400 ft?" do tell do tell bounce
    xplodingbunnys
    xplodingbunnys

Post  xplodingbunnys 29.11.09 11:55

#CW!!ZERO wrote:I think me and Trent are the few people that have broken around the 650fps mark and trust me dude, its expensive. I know mine when not even completed was well over $1200, and I know Trents (sniper2525) is in the same price range. Now most people are like, well Ill just get the fps up really high and be able to hit people from really far away. That is far from true, and unless u personally do all the upgrades and mods for yourself you will never be able to get those 300 foot body shots. You have to personally know what does what in your rifle, because just having the hopup bucking not even a 1/10 of a millimeter to the will make your shots multiple feet to the left or right. I dont know how many time I would just have to go in there and reset my hopup bucking a day. Under that much pressure stuff is bound to move outta place and constantly will. I am not at all trying to discourage you from becoming an airsoft sniper, I think it is a extremely valuable roll in an airsoft battle, (Rhino thinks otherwise and constantly makes fun of us for it), haha, but I believe and I know Trent believe that snipers are really something else. Now a sniper is just not some kid who goes out and gets a stock UTG L96 and a ghille, and is like look Daddy im a sniper. But an airsoft sniper has to be one with his rifle, he has to know at multiple distances what elevation to aim on his mildots, and how to compensate for wind. Because after my and Trents many years of sniping we both know that you only get that one shot, because if they hear that bb go wizzing by their head they are gonna run and hide and not stick back out for a long time. BB's are also a huge concern, most people are running these new heavy weight .36 and .4g bb's but so far after many many different bb type, I know trent and me both agree that the SGM .29 bb's arer far superior. With .36 Straight i got 4 inch groupings and now my old rifle, I could get always less then 2 inch groupings at 100 feet with the .29 SGM's, but it also took my many many many months of building my gun to what I thought was the best of the best. This summer I am going to take another stab at getting my soon to be Vsr-10 Smokey Stock rifle to get under inch groupings at 100 feet and shots well past 400 feet with some new technology, so if you need any help just give me or trent a ring and we will give you a hand. Be prepared to spend some major cash though to get you to where u want to be.

Thanks bro , that helps a lot. I was talking with trent and he was telling me all the stuff I would have to get. And i'm going to do it. I'll make sure to give u a ring or i'll just talk with u on facebook. Thanks again. Oh and one question. I wan't to get around 580 to 610 fps with .29 bbs, i that possible?
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 29.11.09 12:26

SCB airsoft wrote:580 to 610 fps with .29 bbs, i that possible?
    OW??? scratch

Post  Guest 29.11.09 12:29

610fps on a .29gram BB will be burying into peoples skin. According to this calculator, a highgrade .29 gram BB loses velocity at a MUCH slower rate than your standard .2gram BB, if your shooting a .29gram BB at 610fps it will still be traveling at 440fps at 200 ft, which would be around 510fps in terms of a .2gram BB. So your MED would be like, 175ft+ , not sure if thats the best route for you to go...

Another thing to consider is that a small spherical object moving with that amount of energy against the air will get caught by the air going that fast and your accuracy will be shot, it will just be pushing against too much air.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 29.11.09 15:06

You could just save yourself some time and get a RHF rifle.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 29.11.09 15:11

u ca not get 610 fps wit a .29, u can get that with a .20 most testings are with a .2 and you use heavy bbs for accuracy, i not mine vsr10 recently did 700fps with the 190 spring
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 29.11.09 15:12

Um I do not think it is possible but if you can go to a car shop where they make coil springs they might be able to help you out, but that would be nothing but a target rifle because it would be extremely illegal at any airsoft field anywhere. Plus the bolt pull would be probably 60+ lbs, not worth it at all. But NJSC this summer me and Trent are going to be getting some "new stuff", but hopefully by mid summer our guns will be on the field.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 29.11.09 16:08

ugh I want to know what the "new stuff" is. For those of you who don't know, before I got into "combat airsoft" I was all about target shooting with the vsr-10 series rifles.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 29.11.09 16:12

isnt 600+ considered a real firearm? lol... i was reading some where that it is... lol idk..
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 29.11.09 16:20

NJSC wrote:ugh I want to know what the "new stuff" is. For those of you who don't know, before I got into "combat airsoft" I was all about target shooting with the vsr-10 series rifles.

Patience is key, we are still working out some details but it will be out on the field this summer.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 29.11.09 16:22

nick u will never no our secret stuff Smile hahaha
    xplodingbunnys
    xplodingbunnys

Post  xplodingbunnys 29.11.09 17:28

I would like to shoot around 550 to 600 while still having accuracy. So would i need a bigger spring or just use .25 ?
    xplodingbunnys
    xplodingbunnys

Post  xplodingbunnys 29.11.09 17:32

Bulldog94 wrote:isnt 600+ considered a real firearm? lol... i was reading some where that it is... lol idk..
    walmart guns r about 600 fps lol.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 29.11.09 19:08

SCB airsoft wrote:
    Bulldog94 wrote:isnt 600+ considered a real firearm? lol... i was reading some where that it is... lol idk..

what walmart guns are you talking about?
    xplodingbunnys
    xplodingbunnys

Post  xplodingbunnys 29.11.09 19:12

Bulldog94 wrote:
    SCB airsoft wrote:

what walmart guns are you talking about?
    we r getting off topic, try and talk about the topic, thanks.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 29.11.09 22:04

Yeah you are definitely going to need a bigger spring Sean. I'm a believer in new trigger systems, but Trent and Russ aren't. I never got into bore-up kits but that would be a good step too.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 29.11.09 22:43

Me and Trent are into the trigger systems, just ones that arent mass produced, dont worry, all your questions will be answered when we bring our rifles out. But yeah u will need a bigger spring, you will need a new everything besides outer body and barrel to get your gun topnotch like what me and trent had, so replace everything is my recommendation.
    Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 29.11.09 23:37

I know the VSR 10 is a very good and reliable rifle but if you have the money and want an amazing gun that can be upgraded so far as to hunt small game with then you should get this one right here.

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_48&products_id=30283

Last edited by Gunny1.5 on 30.11.09 0:11; edited 1 time in total
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 30.11.09 0:01

First off the vsr-10 is a rifle not a person and secondly airsoft guns should never be used to hunt. You want to hunt game get a air rifle, not an airsoft gun. And that gun is way overpriced. Stick with the vsr series.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 10.05.24 13:37