Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

2 posters

Homemade airsoft shotgun / launcher

Stalker
    Stalker

Homemade airsoft shotgun / launcher Empty Homemade airsoft shotgun / launcher

Post  Stalker 08.12.09 1:24

Well for the longest time (over 2 years) I've wanted to make my own airsoft gun for a few reasons:
    1: It would be cheaper than actually buying a gun (sadly I've likely spent more on PVC than a new Echo 1...)
    2: I'm the engneering type-simply put, this kind if thing interests me. A lot.
    3: Because of #2, I'm always up for a good challenge.

Up until recently, I did not have the knowledge or skill required to do much. I made a prototype strafer, and could have completed (still can, will at some point) but never did because of a few setbacks. All told, however, I have recently looked into it again and believe I have come up with an excellent design for a shotgun.

Now when I say shotgun, it would look more like one, and anyone not familiar with aisoft would call it one. However, in he airsoft community, it would be viewed as a grenade launcher. My current design is pneumatic, semi-auto (as fast as you can change shells), and will have a capacity of around 130-150 BBs per shell. Keep in mind, this could actually be an offensive, front line weapon with tremendous effectiveness, not to mention intimidation. In order to make sure this remains possible, ammo capacity will no longer be limited by how much money you have for shells. Mine are made of simple 3/4 in. PVC and an extremely small amount of tape. Each is about 4 in. long. Buy a 10 ft length of PVC and some tape at Home Depot for $10 or less, and you will have 30 shells with a total capacity of around 4000 BBs. Sound good?

As for the gun and plans themselves, I will post project pics as they come as well as results. The price of the gun is looking to be around $35-40 depending on what you already have in the garage. However, for it to actually fire, some sort of mobile compressed gas system will be necessary. Currently what I am looking at is a CO2 setup regulated to under 150psi (velocity of BBs depend on the pressure). However, that will be about $100 more in equipment. So, for testing, if anyone has a CO2 setup or part of one they would like to lend or sell me, it would be much appreciated... Very Happy
    gapairsoft
    gapairsoft

Homemade airsoft shotgun / launcher Empty Re: Homemade airsoft shotgun / launcher

Post  gapairsoft 08.12.09 9:21

sounds good,i hope i works out for you.
    Stalker
    Stalker

Homemade airsoft shotgun / launcher Empty Re: Homemade airsoft shotgun / launcher

Post  Stalker 08.12.09 17:54

Thanks. I hope to start gathering materials today. I don't need very much, so I might actually get some build time, but I doubt it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 07.05.24 15:28