Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

4 posters

Help me scam a scammer!

NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Help me scam a scammer! Empty Help me scam a scammer!

Post  NJSC 08.01.10 17:48

So essentially I am getting sick and tired of all the people on craigslist who are scamming people. I expressed interest in this car and this is the response I get.
    "Hi,

The car it's still available, has 48,233 miles and manual transsmision. It's in perfect condition,no engine/electric, problems, no
    accidents/liens/loans. Exterior no scratches, never been repainted, Interior no rips/tears/stains,never smoked inside. I have all the car's manuals, 2 spare of keys, title,documents. I'm selling the car because my child of only 19 died 4 months ago in a car accident, a drunk driver hit him and his fiancee. He was with his fiance's car coming to our home at his little brother birthday of 10 years old. This 2003 Volkswagen Golf GTI was his car and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it.The last price is $3,200.
    Me and my husband travel a lot with our business and we want to make this deal through eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection Program. I just need your full name,full shipping address, home/cell # so I can open a case.(with no further obligation or fees).eBay will contact you with all the Transaction/shipping details you will need. We will take care of the shipping so don't worry. We hope to hear soon from you.
    For more pictures here is a link to the car's photo gallery:
    https://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm181/2003-Volkswagen-Golf-GTI/?start=0

Thank you for your interest!
    Elizabeth and James Ruth"

Help me try and put this scammer through as many hoops as I can! Any ideas?
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Help me scam a scammer! Empty Re: Help me scam a scammer!

Post  NJSC 08.01.10 17:50

My first reply.
    "Well I will need to test drive it of course, and check everything out. Is there a time where I could meet you to test drive it? It's kind of stupid to buy a car you don't test drive."
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 08.01.10 17:58

Their reply,
    "Hi,

The car is located in Augusta, Georgia at DAS ( Dependable Auto Shippers ) headquarters, in the container, sealed and ready for shipping. You will have 10 days so you can inspect the car. Once you have inspected the car and decided to keep it, you will confirm your decision to eBay and only then they will re-route the money in to my account, but if by any reason, you won't be satisfied with the car you can return it back for a full refund of your money. I will take care of the shipping, don't worry. You will receive the car with all the necessary papers (clear title, bill of sale, user’s manual, insurance etc). Just get back with your full name and full shipping address and I will get everything started as soon as possible, then eBay will contact you with more further instructions.
    Hope to hear soon from you.

Thanks a lot!
    Elizabeth and James Ruth"
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 08.01.10 18:06

Now I'm going to bombard them with a barrage of questions in different messages.

any thing after market?
    How about if I pick up the car and pay in cash?
    Would it be possible to work out a trade?
    Is there anything you are interested in?
    What oil does it take?
    I currently have quite a bit of shares in a caviar company would you be interested in something like that?
    Sucks about your son where did it happen?
    Was his fiancee alright?
    Could I get some sort of paper work from DAS?

Each of these was sent in a different email message.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 08.01.10 18:08

Now I am turning the creepiness factor up

"I'd love go get a picture of your son so I can have a baptism for the dead for him in my church. I just need to know his name and have a picture."

Sorry if someone here does baptisms for the dead and I offended you.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 08.01.10 18:21

I then sent them
    Here is a picture of our last baptism for the dead. We were all very moved.

and then I proceeded to send them a terrible picture. one that would get me banned.
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 08.01.10 19:19

LOL
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 08.01.10 22:25

ahahahahah did they reply to all those questions?
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 08.01.10 22:27

sadly they did not
    And now I know I can never open an email from them again.
    Kodiedogs
    Kodiedogs

Post  Kodiedogs 10.01.10 20:08

Next time instead of asking a bunch of question you need to turn the over to the police Thats the only way we're going to get this kind of stuff stopped on craigslist But It was funny all the questions you asked But One I have for you how was you going to test drive when the ad said no engine LOLOL
    Kodiedogs
    Kodiedogs

Post  Kodiedogs 10.01.10 20:10

Kodiedogs wrote:Next time instead of asking a bunch of question you need to turn the over to the police Thats the only way we're going to get this kind of stuff stopped on craigslist But It was funny all the questions you asked But One I have for you how was you going to test drive when the ad said no engine LOLOL

UHH My bad it does have a engine sorry

Post  Guest 10.01.10 20:24

The police can do nothing about craiglist scammers. They mostly operate in foreign countries, primarily African states, like Algeria, Sudan, Nigeria. The way they make money is they try to get your money, however they dont need that, all they need is your basic info, your homephone number, address, and full name. Then they sell it to advertisement companies, and thats how you get spam, spyware, and bypassed pop ups. Its a strange market that proves lucritive for these people. There is no way for the police to stop it. The internet is a haven for criminals of all sorts. If you think those people are scammers, I've seen forums where people boast that all they need is your registered name for your paypal account and they can empty your funds, and post the names of people theyve done it too. They have ways of not being tracked. CyberSpace is one place that people can legitmately be invisible in plain sight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18.05.24 22:53