Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
#CW!!ZERO
Takfire
6 posters

AIRDOG Public Service Announcement!

Takfire
    Takfire

AIRDOG Public Service Announcement! Empty AIRDOG Public Service Announcement!

Post  Takfire 27.01.10 10:21

This is an AIRDOG Airsoft Public Service Announcement regarding airsoft guns in public.

Airsoft guns should be treated as real guns in public and should don the required blaze orange tip....or have the barrel covered with a barrel condom / cover at a minimum.
    AIRDOG also recommends the use of gun bags when transporting airsoft guns to field locations or to our shop.
    We highly discourage airsoft players to brandish airsoft guns in public places such as your local Walmart or favorite eatery.
    Airsoft guns should also not be brought to school!
    As recently observed in Griffin, this is a federal offense and can carry charges such as heavy fines or jail time.

http://www.griffindailynews.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Griffin+High+student+taken+into+police+custody-+&id=5626297&instance=home_news_lead_story

Use common sense as the non-airsoft public can easily mistake an airsoft gun for real steel.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

AIRDOG Public Service Announcement! Empty Re: AIRDOG Public Service Announcement!

Post  #CW!!ZERO 27.01.10 11:36

Yeah guys we have to keep our sport alive and safe, if people go around constantly getting arrested for having these in public places it gives a very bad name to airsofters in general. Plus then you would have to go to jail. So just use common sense which I know most of you do.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

AIRDOG Public Service Announcement! Empty Re: AIRDOG Public Service Announcement!

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 27.01.10 18:51

well of course the news reporter dramatized the situation by calling it a weapon/gun
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 27.01.10 19:03

#CW!!ZERO wrote:Yeah guys we have to keep our sport alive and safe, if people go around constantly getting arrested for having these in public places it gives a very bad name to airsofters in general. Plus then you would have to go to jail. So just use common sense which I know most of you do.
    +1
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 27.01.10 20:28

Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:well of course the news reporter dramatized the situation by calling it a weapon/gun

they are considered weapons and or a gun hense the name airsoft gun
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 27.01.10 20:43

Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:well of course the news reporter dramatized th
    e situation by calling it a weapon/gun
    well consider the following the author was probley a liberal, doesn't like guns, probley doesn't know the difference, and wants to draw more attention by calling airsoft guns '' a gun/firearm"
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 27.01.10 22:59

Bulldog94 wrote:
    well consider the following the author was probley a liberal, doesn't like guns, probley doesn't know the difference, and wants to draw more attention by calling airsoft guns '' a gun/firearm"
    that was my point but I still think obviously the guy is an idiot.
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 27.01.10 23:06

Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:
    Bulldog94 wrote:
    that was my point but I still think obviously the guy is an idiot.

Not entirely. If that person went to school with a KWA Mac 11 or lets say a Classic Army M 15 w/o an orange tip on accident, there is no way that people are going to be able to tell that its not a real gun unless they know airsoft trademarks. And companies go for looks as much as possible so it becomes even harder to identify. Plus just think about it, if you have never heard of airsoft and you see a full fledged assault rifle in a parked car, your going to freak. Alot of people to this day still don't know what airsoft is. Probably 50% of my school has still never of heard of it. When ever I show people my guns, they ask how I obtained a real M4 before I can even tell them. But i just throwing this out there. I don't know what kind of gun or make he had with him.

To end this note, just be very careful and responsible of where you shoot and carry your weapon. And to not show it off or play around with it( cough cough Zaxby's..... he knows who he is) B/c to people these things look real. Make sure there concealed after an airsoft game if your going to eat somewhere, etc. Be smart, play safe, and think before you act.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 13.05.24 17:54