Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+3
Electioneer
reconsniperga
{PWNY} RED
7 posters

New Sniper

{PWNY} RED
    {PWNY} RED

New Sniper Empty New Sniper

Post  {PWNY} RED 09.02.09 21:35

well after hours of lookin for the perfect sniper for me,
    i really wanted a berret 50 cal, but the only one i saw was discontinued
    i got a TSD SR96,
    if anyone knows more about this gun that i might not know, let me know
    i orded today from airsoftatlanta.com so it should be in tommorow, i love fast shipping
    so i will throw some pics up if yall want Cool
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

New Sniper Empty Re: New Sniper

Post  reconsniperga 09.02.09 22:02

You wanted a person?
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 10.02.09 0:29

reconsniperga wrote:You wanted a person?

"Lol"

If you had enough money to buy a Barret replica then your just crazy. The TSD Mk96 is similar to the UTG correct?
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 10.02.09 11:59

The TSD is actually the a re-branded Well. The parts are basically interchangeable with the UTG 96.

I have tested 2 UTG 96's, 5 TSD (WELL) 96's, and one WELL 96 with the adjustable stock. All owned by myself or my brother at one time or another. The UTG's seem to be just a touch better made than the WELL, but the TSD/WELL's are still fine. One of the first things I do with a new gun is corono it with a MadBull crono and record the results. One thing I noticed about the stock 96's from both WELL and UTG is you could range from 430-485 FPS, out of the box, depending on the "luck of the draw".

There isn't much to the internals to these guns and currently Atlanta Airsoft is the only source we've found to get the majority of the internal upgrades. Fully upgrading your L96 is an expensive endeavor when you compare it to the original cost of the gun, but then again, the same stands with the mid-range AEG's!

*** IMPORTANT NOTE - DO NOT mess up your stock air-seal/hop-up bucking!!!! The AEG air-seal/hop-up bucking WILL NOT work in your stock gun! We have yet to find ANYWHERE that carries replacement air-seals for the stock gun! Trust me on this, we have checked all the normal and not so normal places, and have spoken with quite a few store gun techs in our search. If anyone knows of a place PLEASE let me know! We have also tested AEG air-seals in these guns and they may work for a few shots then they tear up!

We have put DBC 6.01 (499mm) barrels in 3 of the guns. The increase in FPS was negligent and the accuracy increase was marginal but worth the accuracy increase it in our opinions. These barrels are cut specifically for certain sniper rifles and will not work in AEG's. That, of course, means that AEG tightbores WILL NOT work with this guns stock hop-up chamber! When your ready for a tightbore, purchase the aftermarket AERO hop-up chamber (Atlanta Airsoft), and an AEG tightbore barrel. (I'm in the process of checking to see if the DBC sniper barrel will work in the new AERO Chamber but it's unlikely. I will update later on this.)

We are also big fans of the barrel spacers that are slid onto your inner barrel to help support it within the outer barrel and keep the barrel from wobbling. Out of the box they only put 2 or three lame foam disks on the barrels to keep them in place.

The silencer adapter that's available also works fine. As with other guns, the orange tip in the TSD/WELL is glued in so heat up some hot water and soak the end for a few minutes to soften up the glue before trying to take it off.

Spector (my son) runs with a TSD L96 shooting at 475-480 FPS. Only added a 6.01 tightbore and barrel spacers.
    Joker (my brother) runs with a TSD L96 with the internals being almost entirely aftermarket shooting about 540-550 FPS (150 spring) Will be installing the AERO hop-up chamber this week on his gun.
    I (Chief) have a UTG L96 that I have had for more than a year with a tightbore and barrel spacers shooting about 460-470 FPS.

If you have further questions on the other internals we can answer them as they come up and as we learn.
    We are by no means "experts" on the L96's! Just sharing our experiences.

All that said... if your happy with your stock guns performance regarding FPS and accuracy, then hit the field! And take 'em out! "One shot one kill!" Cool
    {PWNY} RED
    {PWNY} RED

Post  {PWNY} RED 10.02.09 12:41

Thanks chief
    the info is really helpfull because i could hardly find anything about this gun, i plan on a tight bore barrel, and thanks on the warning of the hopup thing, on the TSD what do yall recomend on bb size? .2? .25? or bigger

seems like a nice gun, i WAS lookin at the mauser, but the TSD just caught my attention
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 10.02.09 13:12

{PWNY} RED wrote:Thanks chief
    the info is really helpfull because i could hardly find anything about this gun, i plan on a tight bore barrel, and thanks on the warning of the hopup thing, on the TSD what do yall recomend on bb size? .2? .25? or bigger

seems like a nice gun, i WAS lookin at the mauser, but the TSD just caught my attention
    Use Bioval .27g BBBMAX BB's. They are pretty expensive, and Nashville Airsoft and AEX are the only places that carry them, but they are so far beyond anything I've ever used (even SGM's) that it's not even funny.
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 10.02.09 13:58

Admin wrote:
    {PWNY} RED wrote:Thanks chief

Use Bioval .27g BBBMAX BB's. They are pretty expensive, and Nashville Airsoft and AEX are the only places that carry them, but they are so far beyond anything I've ever used (even SGM's) that it's not even funny.

We use the G&G .28 bio degradable and .30's (have to check the brand). In most cases the heavier the bb, the more accurate. Of course there's more than just bb weight that figures into accuracy. I'm sure the .27's that Admin is recommending are great too! As Admin is referring to, quality makes a big difference! The key is to try a couple of different weights and brands and get the balance you want.
    {PWNY} RED
    {PWNY} RED

Post  {PWNY} RED 11.02.09 14:03

ok here is the problem, whenever i shoot it it seems to hop up alot at long range and this will make shots hard to hit and chief said not to mess with the hopup on them? maybe its just im using .2 bbs? or i need to upgrade? what should i do? Question
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 11.02.09 14:18

{PWNY} RED wrote:ok here is the problem, whenever i shoot it it seems to hop up alot at long range and this will make shots hard to hit and chief said not to mess with the hopup on them? maybe its just im using .2 bbs? or i need to upgrade? what should i do? Question

You can adjust the hop-up, just don't damage the hop-up rubber bucking if you take the barrel out etc.

The .20's will definitely "hop-up" more than heavier bb's.
    {PWNY} RED
    {PWNY} RED

Post  {PWNY} RED 11.02.09 14:20

well in the manual it had a general diagram showing WHERE the hop up is but how does it work i know you use an allen but does it slide or screw in and out?
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 11.02.09 15:12

{PWNY} RED wrote:well in the manual it had a general diagram showing WHERE the hop up is but how does it work i know you use an allen but does it slide or screw in and out?

In front of the mag well. Use a flashlight to check it out. It's an allen screw that screw's in and out. The allen wrench (smaller one) should have come with the gun.
    {PWNY} RED
    {PWNY} RED

Post  {PWNY} RED 11.02.09 15:25

alright thanks, and do you know if this gun can shoot really heavy bb's such as .3-.4's?
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 11.02.09 17:18

The gun will shoot whatever you want. For me I like .28's or .30's. I also prefer to use BIO's so that limit's me on my choices. When I first started shooting my sniper anything over .28 was hard to find and a bit to pricey for me to rationalize the difference in performance. Now they are more common and a bit cheaper.

Try some .28's and something over .30. Next time you by bb's by the minimum amount of a heavier weight, and slowly test out the different weights. I have not shot anything over .30's out of these guns so I cannot speak from experience on anything over .30.

Sounds like you have given me some more testing to do in the near future! tongue
    {PWNY} RED
    {PWNY} RED

Post  {PWNY} RED 11.02.09 23:09

haha testing is always good, but i messed with my hopup a bit, and tried if numerous times, but its still going up a bit Crying or Very sad
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 12.02.09 0:16

You just have to get it close then make the smallest of movements until it is perfect Smile Patience is hard to come by when you do that hah.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 12.02.09 0:31

^Also, you may want to fire a few hundred rounds or so with the hopup on max to break-in the hopup rubber, and then adjust your hopup again.
    PhoenixFlyer
    PhoenixFlyer

Post  PhoenixFlyer 12.02.09 13:47

Hey guys, I have a UTG 96 and I am about to put in new spring. How many bb's does it usually take to break in a sniper rifle's spring? Also, after the spring is all nice and set, how long will these springs keep their compression and/or tension ability(or how many shots will they last)? Do we have to replace the spring every couple of months or years, or will they last for a long time? Oh, btw, It will probably be either a laylax or pdi spring. Thanks
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 12.02.09 17:48

^Is the rest of the rifle stock, or do you have upgrades in it?
    PhoenixFlyer
    PhoenixFlyer

Post  PhoenixFlyer 12.02.09 18:31

Alright so let's see:

First PSS2 New 3 Element Piston
    First PSS2 New Power Accuracy Piston Head
    First Spring Guide (9mm)
    PDI hop UP Chamber
    Guarder Taper Cylinder Head
    Laylax PSS96 Barrel Spacers
    650mm PSG-1 Madbull Black Python 6.03 Tight Bore Barrel
    Prometheus Hard Type Bucking
    {PWNY} RED
    {PWNY} RED

Post  {PWNY} RED 18.02.09 23:39

ok well the sniper is workin fine now, i love it, its shooting acurate and everything, but does anyone have any tips about upgrading this gun, like what spring and all?
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 19.02.09 16:57

You love a man? And I'm sure he is shooting accuratly and everything, he went through sniper school for that.....

jk bout the man thing...............so get get all crazy

Post  |337 19.02.09 22:50

Yeah it cost a lot to rent a sniper, much less buy one. I cant imagine the legal restrictions/consequences of owning one either but it is probably something to look into before making the purchase

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 08.05.24 5:23