Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

3 posters

ACM M500 (6mm 5shot version)

ACM M500 (6mm 5shot version) Empty ACM M500 (6mm 5shot version)

Post  Guest 21.03.10 11:35

I'm gunna skip stories and get to the bread and butter, so here it is:

Brief Description : The ACM M500 is a replica MossBerg500 Shotgun which uses gas to propel 5 6mmBBs at one time at 350fps.

External Build : The gun has a great weight to it, the barrel, reciever, and cocking tube are all constructed of what feels and looks to be thick and durable metal, cold to the touch and probably sturdy enough to use as a bat Razz . The stock is constructed of a sturdy ABS plastic with a thin rubberized coating, grips well and feels comfortable. The ghost sights which came with my gun look great and perform well, they are adjustable and metal as well. The entire gun is like one solid piece, the only play is in the cocking grip ( correct terminology ? ) , although it isn't much, however this is due to the somewhat shoddy structure of the cocking arms, which may present problems in the future. Overall, I'd give the external build a 9/10, it feels amazing, but the cocking arms earn the gun a ding.

Internal Build : I haven't been inside the gun, so I really cant grade this portion, perhaps in the future. One thing to note is the inner barrel, only one, with a fixed hopup, as well as the inner loading tubes, which hold 50 BBs a tube, three tubes in all, giving you 30 5shot bursts for the weapon, the loading tubes are made out of brass. X/10

Performance : This is where the weapon really shines. To say that I was impressed and surprised with the weapon would be an understatement. I was told that it would get around 50 feet with a good spread, however I was shooting at least 75 - 80 feet with a perfect spread. I bought it with the intentions for CQB play but using it at BZP I was able to rack up some nice kills. You really don't have to worry much about missing your target with this weapon, just aim down the sights, which is, believe it or not, a very viable option for this weapon, and fire at your target, the 5 shot spread will without a doubt hit him if hes in the open, and usually tag some part of him if he is exposed from cover. I had a bunch of times where someones head or shoulder would poke out to fire at me, even when I was about 70 feet away, and I would pull the trigger and see 2 - 3 BBs make contact on my target. The gun has a distinctive pop when it fires (imagine one of the airsoft 40mm shower grenades, but quieter), but its no AEG whine, so the reflex for the player to quickly get back behind cover is null, giving you a severe advantage to take shots of opportunity like that. The ammo capacity is very satisfying, you get 30 bursts of the 5shot, loading up the gun takes a while, however when its all loaded all you need to do to acess your next 50 rnds is spin the front of the cocking tube. The only downside is that the gun requires ALOT of gas, so you need to keep a can on you in the field to keep on feeding it. Overall, 10/10.

Reliability: Had no problems with the gun (don't try and cock the weapon twice to load more BBs into the chamber, it will jam, but thats simply common sense). However, it has only been one game, so I will repost on this after a week, a month, and 3 months of play. X/10

Conclusion : The gun is incredible, simply put. If you were hoping for a shotgun in airsoft that actually worked like a shotgun, the search is over. It feels great, looks fearsome, when you rack it it's intimidating to say the least, and its performance really gives it more bite than bark, however hard it may be to believe. It was the buzz of OP Fallout, everyone was asking to hold it or shoot it, there was a crowd around me whenever I would just randomly plink at stuff, I would turn around and there would be six or seven people staring going "whoooaaahh". At 180$, this is something you can't miss out on.

Overall : Minus the internal rating and reliability rating, which I haven't yet been able to rate, I'd give the gun a 10/10, it really is perfect in my mind. Its the perfect airsoft shotgun, looks great, shoots better, and its not going to break the bank.

PLEASE NOTE! : The reliability of an airsoft gun is perhaps one of its most defining and most valuable qualities. The 10/10 I gave this gun is without the reliability factored in, so take that grade with a grain of salt!

Pics to come soon!

Last edited by Aggressor on 24.03.10 15:17; edited 1 time in total
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

ACM M500 (6mm 5shot version) Empty Re: ACM M500 (6mm 5shot version)

Post  NJSC 21.03.10 12:21

sounds pretty awesome
    Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 21.03.10 13:59

this gun is amazing
    i shot it out at BZP and at about 65-70 feet, it still had a full body spread
    and the thing i found pretty cools about it, other than all the stuff he mentioned, it even gives off somewhat of a smoke effect as if you had fired a real shell because of the cas
    but all in all, this gun is amazing, i think he racked up more kills than anyone else because of this gun, or maybe it was because he couldnt die
    lol
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze 21.03.10 19:12

You know it felt pretty good in the back of the head.

Post  Guest 24.04.11 18:40

Update on the review. Its been about a year now, and I said I would put out how the gun operates after about a year I believe.

The gun really doesn't hold up well to the test of time and use. While it still fires fine, the body is falling apart. Its very rickety, the stock does not wobble but the loading tube and barrel physical shift around as you move ,the barrel droops from the force of just gravity. There isn't a way to tighten this up short of disassembling the weapon and going into its guts to get to the very out of the way screws that hold it together. The safety lever also does not lock to any position, and will stay in safe unless pulled down by your thumb. That means in order to fire you have to hold the safety lever down and pull the trigger at the same time, a very awkward feat given a fullstock, probably more awkward if you had the pistol grip version.

So, the conclusion is, if you can get this thing to stay in one piece, go for it, it still fires fine, but keeping it from becoming a rickety mess is much easier said than done. I don't believe this weapon was ever meant to be taken apart.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 16.10.24 4:46