Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+4
Takfire
Retherford
Newnan Airsoft Player
Ghost
8 posters

New game types?

Ghost
    Ghost

New game types? Empty New game types?

Post  Ghost 12.06.10 20:43

With the field being expanded are we going to see some new game types? maybe where when your hit you are "wounded" and can stay alive for 2 minutes. during those two minutes your buddies can drag you to safty and you can be "healed" by a medic.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

New game types? Empty Re: New game types?

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 12.06.10 21:16

Ghost wrote:With the field being expanded are we going to see some new game types? maybe where when your hit you are "wounded" and can stay alive for 2 minutes. during those two minutes your buddies can drag you to safty and you can be "healed" by a medic.
    airdog used to due medic games, which I thought were pretty cool but I think it was ruled out due to too many people not liking it.
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 12.06.10 21:28

we should play brothers keeper in the town. Its a really cool gametype with three teams. Two on each end and one in the middle. When you shoot someone you have to tag them and there on your team. Whoever has the most at the end wins.
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 12.06.10 22:13

Medics were in play at many of our games, but the "instant" healing is not fair and spoils some of the gaming aspects.

All good points and being considered for our games.
    Perhaps we do some dry runs at the next several events!
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 12.06.10 22:14

Oh Airdog has many new gametypes that are coming into play very soon!
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 13.06.10 9:33

Takfire wrote:Medics were in play at many of our games, but the "instant" healing is not fair and spoils some of the gaming aspects.

All good points and being considered for our games.
    Perhaps we do some dry runs at the next several events!

maybe the medic should have to count to 30 or some other number
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 13.06.10 10:07

For a TRUE Mil-Sim game, I was talking with another Vet, and we would love to see some of our Battle Drills played out.....MOVEMENT TO CONTACT, REACT TO AMBUSH, CONDUCT AN AMBUSH, etc. These would just about need a bigger field. Maybe with these new additions that have been spoken about...???
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 13.06.10 10:17

Andy wrote:For a TRUE Mil-Sim game, I was talking with another Vet, and we would love to see some of our Battle Drills played out.....MOVEMENT TO CONTACT, REACT TO AMBUSH, CONDUCT AN AMBUSH, etc. These would just about need a bigger field. Maybe with these new additions that have been spoken about...???

that would be awsome. we could give one team objectives such as clear the town and give the other team time to get set up for defense, say ten minutes, then they could set up positions and send out ambush parties. a freefor would also be kind of cool to have at some of the longer ops.

Post  Guest 13.06.10 11:41

Andy wrote:For a TRUE Mil-Sim game, I was talking with another Vet, and we would love to see some of our Battle Drills played out.....MOVEMENT TO CONTACT, REACT TO AMBUSH, CONDUCT AN AMBUSH, etc. These would just about need a bigger field. Maybe with these new additions that have been spoken about...???

You mean like an FTX except with airsoft guns? Are you thinking about one team vs. predesignated OpFor or just two teams vs. eachother but under the restrictions of battledrill?
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 13.06.10 11:43

paul you have some experience with freefor right?

Post  Guest 13.06.10 11:48

Freefor? Im not sure what you are asking...
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 13.06.10 11:50

freestanding forces, a team that will either help or hurt the other two teams depending on how the other teams conduct operations. kind of like the locals

Post  Guest 13.06.10 11:58

Yes, I have a pretty decent amount of experience with being Opfor and "FreeFor" , I'm just now sure that the application of BattleDrill will work out on the airsoft field. First off, you need to train everyone at least a little bit in order for them to be able to somewhat apply the battledrill, then you have to find leaders competent in leading those people into the battledrill. Andy makes one, I make two (albiet I have so much LESS experience and training than Andy), however the one thing I do have that Andy doesnt (I could be mistaken, don't take my word on this) is experience training people with NO military background [no basic, AIT, etc] (which is 95% of our airsofters anyhow) how to conduct battledrill, and its an absolute NIGHTMARE. Its like trying to teach a hamster how to do algebra.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 13.06.10 12:06

there could be an age limit to this hypothetical battledrill game to make it a little easier and then you could make the opfor the less experienced team. or you could split up the people actually in the military between the two teams. Putting an age limit on this will also make it a little easier because i can garuntee a 10 year old will not have the patience for this type of game. I think it would be pretty fun
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 13.06.10 12:08

yea that sounds good, just make it 14 not 15 please. I'm still getting screwed over and will be until december 21st

Post  Guest 13.06.10 12:14

The other problem is, like Andy said, gamespace. In the realworld, you don't have any boundaries, for the most part, and you are able to flank your enemy regardless most of the time. That is what BattleDrill is based on, outpositioning your enemy and then engaging them (or sometimes moving while engaging). Another thing is some tenets of Battledrill, according to FM, wont sit well with some airsofters. For example, React to Sniper Fire, what do? Pop smoke, run away, call in artillery. React to Ambush, nine times out of ten, pop smoke, run away, call in artillery. Another thing that may come into play is the fact that the OpFor, unless otherwise told, is going to be constantly moving around actively looking for the patrol, which is either going to put the patrol in constant 360s or is just going to make every objective turn into a React to Contact or Move to Contact.
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 13.06.10 12:19

what we could do is get fatal ops, IC, and dagger unit and make us all opfor so that we can make ambushes and defend objectives the way other players would not, we can make it real world and then have the other players react to those situations
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 13.06.10 12:20

yeah but they wouldn't know how to react and that would just turn into a slaugther of the other team

Post  Guest 13.06.10 12:23

Well, some of the guys on my team, including myself, are part of the Aggressor Platoon at NGCSU, and the Platoon's primary job is to provide coordinated OpFor on FTXs, so in terms of that I could run a really nice OpFor for other teams. Thing is, if I called up my guys and asked them to come play airsoft, except as opfor, it would be like this : 'Hey we are gunna be OpFor for *click* ...hello?....hello?...did you hang up on me?"
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 13.06.10 12:24

I'm sure fatal ops would come train to be opfor with you so we could get cody and josh, people like that plus fatal ops and it would run smoothly
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 13.06.10 13:31

Good comments and insight. Let's see........

OpFor would/could(maybe should) be a small force of knowledgeable/trained people. Hence...Small. A smaller trained force, can, handle the larger force. Just not TOO large of a force.

"FreeFor" sounds more like COB's (Civilians On Battlefield) in the Army. These people can be both/either Friend or Foe depending on how Soldiers react to them. I don't think they would work for Airsoft applications. They are meant as a training tool to teach Soldiers how to opperate with civilians in the area.

Doing any kind of ambush scenario would require a small bit of training. Mostly to just lay still untill your target enters the "X". The side getting ambushed needs more training to "react" to the ambush. In airsoft they would almost always be "Near". In these, running away is not the best option, and not one that I train in.

I agree with age limits but think that experience might also be a factor. Although, the evil side of me thinks that using players of ....less experience....to "find" the ambush so that others can then fix and destroy the enemy is also another......technique.

As for OpFor, or any unit, moving around the Field looking for the other side, that would be Movement To Contact, and would require a larger playing area. If we did a Defend In Place scenario, the larger force would have to stay in one general location hence....DEFEND IN PLACE. BUT, they could send out 1 or 2 small units, 2-4 players each, to set up LP/OP's (Listening/Observation Posts). These posts could also be used for hasty ambushes in the defense of the main base. There main job though is to warn the Base of forces moving in the area. Again, a larger field would be best.

These are just the kinds of training that some of us Vet's would like to see. Is it likely to happen? Most likely no. But could parts of it be implemented in to some of the larger scenarios like OG at the Cumming, GA field? I hope so. Since many of the players are either Vet's, still in the Guard, or future members of the Military, I don't think the learning curv would be too steep.

Anyway, just my $.02. I will be having fun either way Very Happy
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 13.06.10 13:43

I'm thinking that IC, Dagger and Fatal Ops (including you andy) should contact ken and tell him our ideas, we could set up a practice day with the three teams and then we could give airdog just another game set they could do, they might even sponser us somehow if we do opfor for free at their games. this would mean that our three teams can train togethor and grow. we would be a smaller force of experienced players vs. everyone else. somewhat like when airdog does IC and Dagger v. everyone else only we do that alot more with another team added
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 13.06.10 14:37

Definately an idea. I don't know the body count, but I think the 3 teams would not be able to all be OPFOR at the same time. If all of the Aggressor guys show up, they could be a large OPFOR team by themselves. Fatal only has....3-4 players. I have no idea about IC. Maybe it could go on a rotating basis per match? Or maybe just see who is at the game and go from there. I do not want to turn it into some "E-lite Airsoft Commando Unit" that destroys other players desires to play. Would I like to be part of team that strikes FEAR into the hearts of other players and makes them second guess themselves? Heck yea. Would I like to be part of a force that other teams aspired to be like.....I am all for it.

As for Training....I could dig that. Airdog has "Build days" out at the field, so maybe a "Training Day" is not a bad idea. I know I am still learning about the rules of the game, and how to be a better player. I am also learning about the capabilities of my rifle and its ammo. This forum is a Great place to gain information. I would love to take part in either formal or informal training sessions with other players. I am back to working again so my schedule is crazy. I am off many weekends but not all. If others feel like this could be a worthy adventure, then maybe we should set something up.
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 13.06.10 14:45

I'll get rambo to pm get you into the team forum and then at least our team can work out training days and go to ss airsoft. i agree with you that we do not want to completly destroy the other teams. I know that at least our team would do training days and you could show us stuff because we are a very small manageable team so it would work better than a large team

Post  Guest 13.06.10 14:53

Andy wrote:Definately an idea. I don't know the body count, but I think the 3 teams would not be able to all be OPFOR at the same time. If all of the Aggressor guys show up, they could be a large OPFOR team by themselves. Fatal only has....3-4 players. I have no idea about IC. Maybe it could go on a rotating basis per match? Or maybe just see who is at the game and go from there. I do not want to turn it into some "E-lite Airsoft Commando Unit" that destroys other players desires to play. Would I like to be part of team that strikes FEAR into the hearts of other players and makes them second guess themselves? Heck yea. Would I like to be part of a force that other teams aspired to be like.....I am all for it.

As for Training....I could dig that. Airdog has "Build days" out at the field, so maybe a "Training Day" is not a bad idea. I know I am still learning about the rules of the game, and how to be a better player. I am also learning about the capabilities of my rifle and its ammo. This forum is a Great place to gain information. I would love to take part in either formal or informal training sessions with other players. I am back to working again so my schedule is crazy. I am off many weekends but not all. If others feel like this could be a worthy adventure, then maybe we should set something up.

Well said!!! As for training days, it has been an idea played around with for quite some time, but never put to practice. And there are only 4 Aggressors that play airsoft, the thing about the OpFor is that when you are OpFor you need to be able to gauge the propper level of skill for the situation. If you are trying to teach people the basics or just get them used to patrolling it doe syou no good to have an OpFor that comes in all guns blazing and kills everything. Rather, you need an OpFor that is a bit more gentle at that stage. On the other hand, for testing purposes, putting your team up to bat, you need an OpFor that is really trying to do everything it can to put you out of the game. You also want your OpFor to be well versed in whatever BattleDrill being implemented against them, so that in the AAR they can make comments like "You lost so and so because your Recon missed 2 guys on the side, and when you assaulted through your line was off center to our forces, so you should have shifted left so you could have taken account of all of the enemy personal instead of just half of us, etc etc"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 12.05.24 3:39