Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+7
thr33m0jo3
Ghost
Blaze
Rambo
i am haji
just some kid
LORD TYRANT
11 posters

Scary Games

Scary Games Empty Scary Games

Post  Guest 22.06.10 18:01

OK I made a scariest game topic on the req of someone from the MW2 topic. I am a HUGE fan of horror games. Here are my top five :

5. F.E.A.R.

It has some scary moments, and solid game mechanics, as well as a nice storyline which make up for the lack of being a full blown survival horror.

4. DOOM 3

This game has a decent at best plot, but a very interesting story (please note the difference between the two) The gameplay is excellent and the main character is the classic "silent but voilent" BAMF of the older days of gaming. Its a very highspeed shooter with lots of weapons and gore, and the enemies come from all over, the fear in this game comes mainly from the danger of your opponents.

3. DeadSpace

This game has the best gameplay mechanics of many of the others. Very ResidentEvil 4 reminiscent, the over the shoulder, non-HUD displayed combat system incorporates weapons and upgrades into a highly satisfying and rich experience. The story is pretty good and the plot is somwhat repetitive, but the game retains is play through value through the frightening enemy encounters, upgrade possibilities, and great combat system.

2. Resident Evil 4

Best gameplay mechanics of perhaps the decade, this game has a combat system unlike any other, which has been replicated over and over since (Gears of War and DeadSpace for example) The upgrade system is excellent and the bossfights are unlike any other. Every boss is horrifying and challenging. The story is cheesy but the plot is excellent.

1. Silent Hill Series

The combat system in this series is awful. The gameplay mechanics are shoddy at best. The camera angles are crazy and difficult to deal with. This is what makes the game excellent, as this is all done on purpose. This entire game series is absolutely terrifying, you are left with weak weapons, a normal joe character, no allies, no escape, powerless and surrounded by mystery. The plot and story in every game (1-4) are the best of any video game series period. This is the scariest video game series period. You have more chance of survival running away then fighting through, some enemies are specifically designed to be unkillable, to trap and kill you, forcing you to make a mad dash past them and towards the next part of the level. The fear from this game does not come from pop out and scare you tactics, but rather a creepy environment and an atmosphere of utter vulnerability.
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Scary Games Empty Re: Scary Games

Post  LORD TYRANT 22.06.10 18:05

Nothing personal Paul no hard feelings bro it was off topic & i guess im alone in thwe MW2 dept ( Guess i hav e to go buy F.E.A.R)

Post  Guest 22.06.10 18:09

LORD TYRANT wrote:Nothing personal Paul no hard feelings bro it was off topic & i guess im alone in thwe MW2 dept ( Guess i hav e to go buy F.E.A.R)

No offense taken, req=recommendation . I just made this thread to redirect the off topic discussion of other video games from your MW2 topic.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 22.06.10 18:16

yeah fear and dead space are probably the games that will make you jump the most haha way to take the initiative on creating a new topic
    i am haji
    i am haji

Post  i am haji 22.06.10 18:40

with dead space, it loses it's scaryness after you get to chapter 4. You just get use to the fact they pop behind you everytime

Silent hill 4, had a little trouble at first but then i realized i can could run through it
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 23.06.10 14:06

Fear and resident evil are probably the only scary games u could get me 2 play
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze 23.06.10 14:13

Rambo wrote:Fear and resident evil are probably the only scary games u could get me 2 play

I know last time you came over you even play barbies with me
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 23.06.10 14:17

Dude barbies are beast we even dressed Ken up in camo
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 23.06.10 22:13

lol you both admitted to play with barbies
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Post  LORD TYRANT 24.06.10 9:00

this is not the barbie thread girls, GO GIJO
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 24.06.10 10:41

dude GIJO...... that brings back memories..... anyways SCARY GAMES!!!!! were drifted way of subject Razz
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 08.07.10 13:25

Definatly renting FEAR before the op, and Silent hill 4 sounds like a fun one, I might have to try that one too.
    thr33m0jo3
    thr33m0jo3

Post  thr33m0jo3 15.07.10 13:01

i have a more scary game ...... halo 2 due to the pure fail and it was horrifying to play
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 15.07.10 14:18

thr33m0jo3 wrote:i have a more scary game ...... halo 2 due to the pure fail and it was horrifying to play

haha oh god ur funny hahaha...... the game is old dude.

Post  Guest 15.07.10 16:12

Halo2 LAN is by far one of the best MultiPlayer scenarios ever, still better than any games that have come out sense that support LAN. I don't give any credit to the campaign mode but the LAN is above anything before and sense. Back on topic.
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 15.07.10 18:12

Dead Space was super freaky... i stopped playing it haha
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 15.07.10 18:49

haha it wasn't that bad nathan but it was pretty fun.

I liked it better when this was metro atlanta airsoft not everyone but A13 airsoft.
    thr33m0jo3
    thr33m0jo3

Post  thr33m0jo3 15.07.10 19:21

Aggressor wrote:Halo2 LAN is by far one of the best MultiPlayer scenarios ever, still better than any games that have come out sense that support LAN. I don't give any credit to the campaign mode but the LAN is above anything before and sense. Back on topic.
    you mean back off topic
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 28.07.10 14:46

No one here has ever heard of Fatal Frame?
    thr33m0jo3
    thr33m0jo3

Post  thr33m0jo3 28.07.10 20:00

flipa wrote:No one here has ever heard of Fatal Frame?
    YES its so under rated it is a beastly game

Post  Guest 29.07.10 0:35

I have heard of FatalFrame but never got to play it, cant put it on my personal list if I never played it :/
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 29.07.10 2:08

Aggressor wrote:I have heard of FatalFrame but never got to play it, cant put it on my personal list if I never played it :/

Any reason why you didn't play it? lol!

Post  Guest 29.07.10 3:18

Well, when it came out I was in middle school I believe, and I didn't trust any foreign games to be worth much, apart from Nintendo products ( I was oblivious to how foreign Resident Evil was at the time, I figured they spoke english so it must be an American made game) . I was hung up on Doom3 at the time, once I played Silent Hill I start noting that foreign games are worth their salt, but I just never wanted to go that far back to FatalFrame. Then again, it died after its second release....I suppose the concept is easily worn out?
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 29.07.10 4:11

No man, it's totally legit if you've never played it. I've never really played anything like it.
    RIP
    RIP

Post  RIP 24.08.10 14:46

this game is so scary watch thishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjOnr-48fgw (some bad language).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 16:34