Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+22
Stuart Fl.
Crazy Twitch
thr33m0jo3
sniper2525
Admin
Ghost
poopdaddy
Reaper
FIDO
Spectre
superchrisguy
flipa
just some kid
Scarface
LORD TYRANT
{ACE}Steve-o
Rambo
zander
Andy
Bulldog94
#CW!!ZERO
Takfire
26 posters

OP: F.E.A.R. - Role Player Guide

#CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

OP: F.E.A.R. - Role Player Guide - Page 5 Empty Re: OP: F.E.A.R. - Role Player Guide

Post  #CW!!ZERO 11.07.10 11:03

Its a possibility they might have to be unlocked, it will just depend on how the game works.
    just some kid
    just some kid

OP: F.E.A.R. - Role Player Guide - Page 5 Empty Re: OP: F.E.A.R. - Role Player Guide

Post  just some kid 11.07.10 12:11

i want to know about your 105mm howitzer. post a pic of it or something. it sounds cool. the riot shields are lookin pretty good. what team are you on?
    thr33m0jo3
    thr33m0jo3

Post  thr33m0jo3 11.07.10 16:34

just some kid wrote:i want to know about your 105mm howitzer. post a pic of it or something. it sounds cool. the riot shields are lookin pretty good. what team are you on?
    well i requested for F.E.A.R. first then delta then black ops and i will post the 105 in a moment
    zander
    zander

Post  zander 20.07.10 11:25

Can the Black Ops wear blue also since that is the color they actually wear in the games?
    fallout11
    fallout11

Post  fallout11 20.07.10 11:50

Aggressor wrote:The Armacham Replicas would look good in Riot gear. The riot shields may be playable but you might need to unlock their use as there are no other teams thus far with a riot shield. For example, the riot shield may be an item that is used with the Replica Heavy suit.

Actual carryable ballistic shields do not stop rifle rounds, anyway. They're typically level IIIA, offering protection against most handguns, explosive shrapnel, and shotgun rounds.
    I realize this event is based on a video game, but previous usage in airsoft (such as as Camp Blandings MOUT) typically leads to "issues", which is why most venues (such as Lion Claws at Zussman MOUT, Ft. Knox) do not allow them.

Post  Guest 20.07.10 11:54

In order to keep gameplay moving progressively instead of stagnating riot shields will be used. More test playing will draw up the final verdict on this.
    zander
    zander

Post  zander 20.07.10 11:56

I think that they should be allowed but the only thing that can destroy them are NERF projectiles that are launched VIA M203 or similar method. I think it will only add more depth and strategy to the game.
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 20.07.10 12:01

zander wrote:I think that they should be allowed but the only thing that can destroy them are NERF projectiles that are launched VIA M203 or similar method. I think it will only add more depth and strategy to the game.
    Stop trying to shoot kids with your nerf cannon!

Post  Guest 20.07.10 12:15

We will consider these options through test play and get back to you.
    CaptainMurphy
    CaptainMurphy

Post  CaptainMurphy 20.07.10 12:23

fallout11 wrote:
    Aggressor wrote:The Armacham Replicas would look good in Riot gear. The riot shields may be playable but you might need to unlock their use as there are no other teams thus far with a riot shield. For example, the riot shield may be an item that is used with the Replica Heavy suit.

Actual carryable ballistic shields do not stop rifle rounds, anyway. They're typically level IIIA, offering protection against most handguns, explosive shrapnel, and shotgun rounds.
    I realize this event is based on a video game, but previous usage in airsoft (such as as Camp Blandings MOUT) typically leads to "issues", which is why most venues (such as Lion Claws at Zussman MOUT, Ft. Knox) do not allow them.

Well put Keith. I think people are too used to video games like MW2 where a clear lexan shield (with no real protection from rifle or pistol rounds) is used to stop everything under the sun. Another item to consider is that even Level IV is only good for so many shots before it would fail too. Again, this is a game and we are hiding behind pallets that wouldn't stop a 22LR, let alone the rifles and pistols we are carrying so some reality is dropped for the sake of the gaming. I have only seen 'riot shields' used in a couple of games. One time was successfully deployed and didn't cause a problem, the second was a complete disaster that nearly ended in a fistfight. I will be interested to see them deployed in this scenario.
    thr33m0jo3
    thr33m0jo3

Post  thr33m0jo3 20.07.10 13:08

replaced with this i sent you a pm cptn murphy

Last edited by thr33m0jo3 on 20.07.10 13:21; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest 20.07.10 13:10

PMs, leave this stuff off of the roleplayers guide.
    CaptainMurphy
    CaptainMurphy

Post  CaptainMurphy 20.07.10 13:17

thr33m0jo3 wrote:
    Almost the point o fist fight?

Probably should discuss this in it's own thread to keep from taking this one over.
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 20.07.10 18:56

I will clarify riot shields more in the rules.
    In short, riot shields cause too much controvery.
    They will be permited at FEAR in very limited use and as a part of breaching only.
    thr33m0jo3
    thr33m0jo3

Post  thr33m0jo3 20.07.10 20:00

Takfire wrote:I will clarify riot shields more in the rules.
    They will be permited at FEAR in very limited use and as a part of breaching only.
    what about in base defense ?
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Post  LORD TYRANT 21.07.10 9:26

thr33m0jo3 wrote:
    Takfire wrote:I will clarify riot shields more in the rules.
    what about in base defense ?

Questionable but highly doubt it. I would say NO

Post  Guest 24.11.10 9:14

I'm torn between replica's and F.E.A.R. Ughhh

Bukser
    find a dentist
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 24.11.10 18:04

*looks at dates*

Very Happy
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 24.11.10 19:01

Electioneer wrote:*looks at dates*

Very Happy

It's a bot.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 8:58