Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+5
HavenUnitOctopus
flipa
NJSC
superchrisguy
vorter
9 posters

Is the G4-A1 good?

vorter
    vorter

Is the G4-A1 good? Empty Is the G4-A1 good?

Post  vorter 18.06.11 2:58

Im looking to buy a new gun, my budget is around $250.
    I saw this
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6440
    and I really like it, especially the rails.
    Considered the A3 and A5 but decided on this instead.
    I need a gun that is very accurate, has good range, and is reliable.
    Also, is this gun lipo ready? I don't think so, so i may just go with a 9.6v.
    Good idea?

Last edited by vorter on 25.06.11 12:45; edited 1 time in total
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Is the G4-A1 good? Empty Re: Is the G4-A1 good?

Post  superchrisguy 18.06.11 9:20

I have heard some pretty nice reviews from people with the G4 series. Looks really nice, but "more than likely" NOT lipo ready. If you want to make it lipo ready I highly reccomend you disable the blowback feature, as this will eat up your piston on an 11.1 lipo and that you get a mosfet. It is a reliable base gun, like all G&Gs, but I'm not sure what all the gun has inside it from ASGI.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 18.06.11 9:53

IMO the blowback feature on G&G's does not put more stress on the gb, because it's the pneumatic blow back system. I've used a 11.1v on my g&g for a while with no problems. granted I will probably be frying my contacts soon, but whatever.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 18.06.11 10:47

The blowback feature doesn't really eat up the piston. It just makes your FPS inconsistent with more use. When I disabled mine it just added 10 FPS and made it consistent.
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 18.06.11 11:04

flipa wrote:The blowback feature doesn't really eat up the piston. It just makes your FPS inconsistent with more use. When I disabled mine it just added 10 FPS and made it consistent.

Really? It shredded mine.
    vorter
    vorter

Is the G4-A1 good? Empty Okay,so

Post  vorter 18.06.11 17:14

I'm either gonna get the G4-A1 or the VFC M4 (http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5730).
    I want the one that meets my criteria best. I will likely use a lipo but that's not a high priority.

I'm also selling my Echo1 MP5A4 to cover some of the cost, if anyone is interested.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170657101044&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156
    HavenUnitOctopus

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 18.06.11 17:49

wrong section to put selling you mp5 in
    capt_camo
    capt_camo

Post  capt_camo 18.06.11 20:24

I'm also selling my Echo1 MP5A4 to cover some of the cost, if anyone is interested.

Vorter, you may need to change your add a little. Ebay is a little picky about airsoft guns. You should add a comment saying this is "not" a real gun and cannot be modified to be one. The gun will also need a orange tip or it will be pulled ( i know a few folks who had this happen to them). If you still have the orange tip put it back on or spray paint the one that's on it now. You have to remember that Ebay is a California company. Rolling Eyes And we all have heard what's going on out there right now.
    vorter
    vorter

Is the G4-A1 good? Empty .

Post  vorter 18.06.11 20:42

Thanks for the advice, I modified the listing with some disclaimers.

EDIT: Is it okay if I put up a thread for my MP5 and R76 in Want to Sell with links to the eBay auction?
    I can add pics and BIN/starting bid price if needed.

EDIT: The G4 is wired to the back, I want it wired to the rail so I can use a PEQ box. Do you guys think I can request that specifically?

EDIT: NVM, i think I should just use an external battery pouch, but how do I wire it like this?

Is the G4-A1 good? 1954
    surefire pigeon
    surefire pigeon

Post  surefire pigeon 19.06.11 10:43

vorter wrote:Thanks for the advice, I modified the listing with some disclaimers.

EDIT: Is it okay if I put up a thread for my MP5 and R76 in Want to Sell with links to the eBay auction?
    I can add pics and BIN/starting bid price if needed.

EDIT: The G4 is wired to the back, I want it wired to the rail so I can use a PEQ box. Do you guys think I can request that specifically?

EDIT: NVM, i think I should just use an external battery pouch, but how do I wire it like this?

Is the G4-A1 good? 1954
    Yes you could do that and use a 7.4 lipo. Im interested in doing this too. How do the wires come out the bottom, I thought they had to come out the buffer tube.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 19.06.11 11:15

There is no problem putting up a thread with your ebay information in there. Just be sure to read the rules of posting in the B/S/T section and make sure your thread is up to snuff.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 19.06.11 11:18

Rhino can wire it tot he front at airdog if you want it wired to the front. IMO i think it would look better on the front
    surefire pigeon
    surefire pigeon

Post  surefire pigeon 19.06.11 11:48

just some kid wrote:Rhino can wire it tot he front at airdog if you want it wired to the front. IMO i think it would look better on the front
    When you wire it to the front with rails, can you slide the whole connecter through if it doesnt have a delta ring?
    vorter
    vorter

Is the G4-A1 good? Empty a

Post  vorter 19.06.11 12:31

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6440

That's the gun I plan on getting, I COULD wire it to the front, but IMHO I don't really want a PEQ box on there.
    Only possible problems I see with the pouch are that I may not be able to wire it like in the picture or that the pouch just wont fit comfortably on the crane stock, because of the fact that it's irregularly shaped.

EDIT: Also, can I hook up a 7.4 lipo directly to the gun, without need of purchasing an extra connector?
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 19.06.11 13:38

vorter wrote:http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6440

That's the gun I plan on getting, I COULD wire it to the front, but IMHO I don't really want a PEQ box on there.
    Only possible problems I see with the pouch are that I may not be able to wire it like in the picture or that the pouch just wont fit comfortably on the crane stock, because of the fact that it's irregularly shaped.

EDIT: Also, can I hook up a 7.4 lipo directly to the gun, without need of purchasing an extra connector?

if you buy it from hobbyking then you need a new set of connectors. i think you'd need them anyways because i'm pretty sure they're wired to deans. hobbyking's batteries are cheaper. it's like 7 or 8 bux for the battery.
    vorter
    vorter

Post  vorter 19.06.11 13:42

just some kid wrote:

if you buy it from hobbyking then you need a new set of connectors. i think you'd need them anyways because i'm pretty sure they're wired to deans. hobbyking's batteries are cheaper. it's like 7 or 8 bux for the battery.

Yep, im buying a few 1750 7.4v rhino lipos. What's the difference between deans and XT60?
    My friend says I need to buy the XT60 connectors and he'll solder them on.
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 19.06.11 14:16

DEANS

Is the G4-A1 good? ULTRA-PLUG2

XT-60

Is the G4-A1 good? Xt60
    vorter
    vorter

Post  vorter 19.06.11 14:19

Thanks, im still debating whether to get those lipos, soldering the XT60, installing the battery pouch, and rewiring it.
    Or, just get the Crane battery.
    surefire pigeon
    surefire pigeon

Post  surefire pigeon 19.06.11 15:00

just some kid wrote:

Hobbyking's batteries have xt60's on them.
    vorter
    vorter

Post  vorter 19.06.11 16:05

Okay, if I get lipo's ill end up having to do a bunch of stuff that I don't want, so Ill just get a good 9.6v Crane.
    Anyone know of a good brand? Are Intellects or Tenergys good?

Post  Guest 19.06.11 16:23

I've had good experience with Tenergy. Not so much with Intellect.
    surefire pigeon
    surefire pigeon

Post  surefire pigeon 19.06.11 16:56

Like I told you Vorter, Elite cells are by far the best. They have a higher discharge rate than itellect, and probably Tenergy too. I recommend you go for this battery. http://eliteairsoftbatteries.com/products/102-elite-airsoft-1500-mah-23a-96v-nunchuck-battery-packsmall-type.aspx
    vorter
    vorter

Post  vorter 19.06.11 16:59

xdsdx44 wrote:Like I told you Vorter, Elite cells are by far the best. They have a higher discharge rate than itellect, and probably Tenergy too. I recommend you go for this battery. http://eliteairsoftbatteries.com/products/102-elite-airsoft-1500-mah-23a-96v-nunchuck-battery-packsmall-type.aspx

Yeah, I facebooked you.

Ive decided on the Elite 3300mah 9.6v for $30.
    I now need a smart charger, most likely getting the Elite Charger from the same website, but there are no reviews, so I dunno if it's good.

EDIT: Im not sure if the battery will fit. Do you guys think it'll fit? Here are the dimensions:

Product Dimensions
    Node # Height(in.) Width(in.) Length(in.)
    1 0.9940 0.9940 5.1350
    2 0.9940 0.9940 5.1350
    3 1.006 3.429 1.006

Is the G4-A1 good? 0000186_300

EDIT: I think it won't fit.
    What about this one?
    http://www.eliteairsoftbatteries.com/products/176-elite-airsoft-2100-mah-45a-96v-crane-stock-battery-pack.aspx

EDIT: Looks like the only battery I can use is this:
    http://eliteairsoftbatteries.com/products/102-elite-airsoft-1500-mah-23a-96v-nunchuck-battery-packsmall-type.aspx

Will it fit in the crane stock?

EDIT: I think so, lol.
    I assume it's a small Tamiya connector.

EDIT: Yes it is, so many edits...

Okay, another question.
    Is the charging handle functional?
    As in, open the dust cover/latch and reveal the hop up wheel.

EDIT: It is functional, according to Aggressor.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.05.24 10:46