Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+4
theangryschnoodle
Newnan Airsoft Player
Silent_Option
Admin
8 posters

Need help with SWAT-inspired RG and CB loadouts.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Need help with SWAT-inspired RG and CB loadouts. Empty Need help with SWAT-inspired RG and CB loadouts.

Post  Admin 11.09.11 23:20

So, I went to the Orange Bowl a couple years back, and Miami-Dade SWAT was running security for the event, and I thought they had some pretty sick gear:
    Need help with SWAT-inspired RG and CB loadouts. 20100207-203224-pic-117848006_t607

I made a mental note to get some OD uniforms, but never got around to it. Then, about a year ago, I watched The Town with some friends (kinda meh movie) but once again, nice gear:
    Need help with SWAT-inspired RG and CB loadouts. TheTownFBI

I loved the OD and CB combo, and decided then and there I was going to get that exact kit, but once again, just didn't have the money. I watched it again this past weekend with Aggressor, and we decided that some my Mayflower Assault Plate Carrier would look sick with some Crye Precision Combat Pants in Ranger Green. He's getting a matching PC and we're both getting the pants, but don't really know what else to add to it. A CB helmet would be really nice, and I'll probably end up getting a CB battle belt or just using my Spec Ops CB dropleg as well. I've already got a Spec Ops CB sling.

I've got an RG EI PC with CB pouches and I've always LOVED that color combo. So RG/CB it is.

Here's another example of a nice-looking OD/CB kit:
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/Newton_Bank_Robbery_Arrest_070209.jpg

Here's what I've got on the rig, and Aggressor is getting his just like it:
    Mayflower CB Assault Plate Carrier
    2 3x integral magazine pouches
    TAG dump pouch (CB)
    Camelbak Ambush (also CB) mounted with ITW QASM buckles and ITW Grimlocs.

Pants will be Crye AC Combat Pants w/ khaki kneepads

Boots will be issue USMC Coyote boots.

And BlackHawk SOLAG HD gloves (like in the first picture) in CB.

So, what top should we get? And what helmet? I like the OPS-CORE base jump for a brain bucket but $$$ is the thing. I might be able to justify buying it though as I may have a whitewater rafting job lined up for next summer and would be able to use it then. Any other kit we should add to it? I kinda want to keep is simple and clean-looking. I'd like to keep the top and helmet under $100 if at all possible but $200 is my absolute max. I wouldn't mind an ACU-cut top in RG if one can be found, but I may end up having to go with the Crye stuff because I don't know who else makes RG uniforms. If I did go with Crye, I'd probably just get the field jacket. And NO, I'm not going to put a Foliage top on top of RG pants, the difference is subtle I know but the whole idea here is to have clean-looking, uniform loadouts resembling something that would be issued.]

And yes, I know, the PC doesn't carry soft armor and therefore isn't kosher LE, but I already have it, I love it, and I'm not really putting together a SWAT impression. I just like the overall look and am putting together something that would look cool.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Need help with SWAT-inspired RG and CB loadouts. Empty Re: Need help with SWAT-inspired RG and CB loadouts.

Post  Silent_Option 12.09.11 11:40

Those Crye Pants are very nice. It's been my experience that SWAT usually wear Flightsuits, which looks to be the case for the gentleman in the first picture, as well as one of the men in the seccond. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind this, (cost, versatility, safety) but the frineds i have that are on SWAT wear these with black gear...

http://bdu.com/propper-cwu-27/p-nomex-flight-suits/sage-green

Need help with SWAT-inspired RG and CB loadouts. Swat10

They are VERY nice, and look good. It seems to me that this is the actual one the man is wearing in the first picture.

That May save you money to spend on that Ops Core helmet, but I'm unsure of the shading difference between Sage Green, and Ranger Green, but I think it would still look good.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Need help with SWAT-inspired RG and CB loadouts. Empty Re: Need help with SWAT-inspired RG and CB loadouts.

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 12.09.11 17:48

The FBI in OD in The Town look really slick.
    theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

Post  theangryschnoodle 12.09.11 19:26

In the pic from The Town, is that guys PTT on his back? And there's a special episode of cops with US Marshals, the Gwinett SWAT team is in it and they are using similar loadouts, I'll try to find it.

Edit: It's Season 23 Episode 6
    Need help with SWAT-inspired RG and CB loadouts. Cops
    Need help with SWAT-inspired RG and CB loadouts. Cops2

There's a couple screenshots. There might be some better ones in it but I can't really look right now.

Last edited by theangryschnoodle on 12.09.11 21:15; edited 1 time in total
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 12.09.11 19:49

Need help with SWAT-inspired RG and CB loadouts. WxysR

missing the tactical cigar
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 14.09.11 17:44

My OD/ CB Kit. Not the best pictures I know, but hey, I work with limited space and lighting here.

Yes I know. More American Flags than you can shake a stick at. But this is Merica! With a CAPTIAL M! &@*$ YEAH!
    Need help with SWAT-inspired RG and CB loadouts. 00510

Need help with SWAT-inspired RG and CB loadouts. 00310

Need help with SWAT-inspired RG and CB loadouts. 00410
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 14.09.11 17:55

I don't get the pouches at the back of "The Town" SWATs. Anything that's not all black looks good. I hate all blacks.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 14.09.11 20:21

flipa wrote:I don't get the pouches at the back of "The Town" SWATs.

Thats cus its a movie. 90 percent of the time actors with guns/ gear are terrible because hollywood has NO clue about weapons or gear.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 14.09.11 20:46

Twitch wrote:
    flipa wrote:I don't get the pouches at the back of "The Town" SWATs.

Thats cus its a movie. 90 percent of the time actors with guns/ gear are terrible because hollywood has NO clue about weapons or gear.

I should start a thread about Hollywood film military/gear/firearms fails. I have quite a few pictures on my computer.
    Anywho, Ranger green uniform with ranger green gear should look pretty solid, with maybe a black PASGT or MICH.
    theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

Post  theangryschnoodle 14.09.11 21:38

On the GWA FB page there's a folder of them.
    Here's the link, https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.203682196335443.46392.127452407291756
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 15.09.11 2:18

Pouches on the your back are not for you. If you are in a stack, and the guy behind you throws the bang, it might be located on YOUR back so it's easier for HIM to access. Some guys will be tasked to carry breaching gear on their backs for someone else to use.

Twitch....fix the flag on your hat brother. I am sure, with all the gear stores in your area, you can get the correct one.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 15.09.11 8:22

I was jsut saying i dont understand the pouch setup on those guys. Some of those pouches are pretty small to be holding breaching kits. Maybe Zip ties or something? But what I said still stands. Whoever hollywood hires to advise it on weapons and gear is terrible.

And Yes, I now I need to get some regular Ir flags. I just have an over abundance of reversed flags.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 31.12.11 16:56

Somewhat better pics of my kit. Still kind of hard to see, but you at least see what it looks like on.

Need help with SWAT-inspired RG and CB loadouts. 403010_2818478057515_1125780044_33007519_2119365263_n

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.05.24 5:31