Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

5 posters

OP: VENOM preparation

Takfire
    Takfire

OP: VENOM preparation Empty OP: VENOM preparation

Post  Takfire 12.09.11 21:06

OP:VENOM will be a scenario game including night play.
    This is very different from the typical rec. ball and the games we throw at ACZ and at the CQC field.
    Weather, night play, longer field time and other factors must be considered.

We had a similar discussion thread up before for previous OPs, which was posted to best prepare players for a longer scenario game.
    Please find below some helpful tips in preparing for OP:VENOM
    Veteran scenario players are encouraged to chime in and offer suggestions!

Q1: What items should I bring to the OP?
    A1: Definitely plan for the weather. I would highly recommend a spare change of clothing and cold weather camping gear. Gear should also be weather proofed (plastic bags). Below are a hit list of the basic items to consider during your preparation
    - Kill rags! (mandatory)
    - Flashlight (mandatory for night play)
    - Extra AEG or back up gun
    - Extra batteries
    - Extra magazines
    - Proper eye / face protection
    - Gloves
    - Extra clothing (shirt, pants, socks, etc..)
    - Radio(s)....a must to stay in contact with the command staff
    - High energy snacks
    - Camping equipment
    - Hydration carriers (canteens, hydration packs, etc..)

Q2: Will there be concessions and facilities at the OP?
    A2: Yes. Battlezone has concessions through the Sandbar that will be serving hot meals. We encourage players to support the Sandbar concessions! These ladies will be working hard to provide hot meals during the event. Port-a-Potty type facilities are also available. Sorry ladies, no showers or hot tubs are available.

Q3: Are camping areas available?
    A3: Yes! Players planning on camping must bring their own equipment. Campers and RVs are permitted, but must check with TAK or Gunner first! There will be separate camp sites for Guerilla Forces and Delta Forces. Please note the camping areas are "safe zones". Mags out and no firing in the camping areas.

Q4: Are campfires allowed?
    A4: Yes. Campfires are permitted, but must be contained by by a fire pit or burn type barrel. All campfires will need to be fully extinguished by the close of the game on Sunday.

Q5: Will gun tech and repair services be available?
    A5: Yes. AIRDOG will have our gun techs on site to conduct repairs and any upgrades players may need. Please note that we will have most of the parts for repair, but some of the uncommon stuff may not be available. Be prepeared and bring stuff to maintainence your guns such as: cleaning rods, silicone oil, cleaning rags, tools, etc..

Q6: What happens if I get shot during the game and how long until I can re-enter game play?
    A6: Shot players will need to either be healed by a medic or return to their respective HQ to respawn. All shot / dead players will need to wear their kill rag while traversing the field back to the HQ or when entering the field for active game play. Players entering the field will need to start at their respective HQ.

Q7: How long does the game play last?
    A7: Plan for long game sets! The scenario will have 4~6 hour game sets in between scheduled breaks. Players will need to hump in all the necessary equipment for these games sets or exit the field to renew supplies. Be prepared for some long gaming and lots of running around!

Q8: How are teams and player roles determined?
    A8: AIRDOG will honor your requests per the pre-registration and on-line registration. However, we may make adjustments to prevent a "stacked" game. Player roles are secured on a first come first serve basis. AIRDOG will also try to "bundle" groups of players that want to play together on the same team.

Q9: What are the rules for the OP and missions?
    A9: AIRDOG will conduct a player briefing before the start of the game. Specific mission rules outside of our general rules will be communicated during the mission deployment. This is where radios are key to receive and relay information about mission status.

Q10: What type of eye / face protection is required?
    Q10: Without question, all players will need to have proper eye protection. At a minimum, ANSI rated safety glasses are needed. This does not mean any safety glasses are "OK". Safety glasses must provide full, wrap around protection without any gaps to allow a BB to penetrate. Ballistic type goggles are acceptable, as well as full face masks. Players 15 and under will need to wear FULL FACE protection...no exceptions! This can be a full face mesh mask, or goggle and iron face combination.

Q11: Will there be BB's and airsoft supplies at the field.
    A11: Yes. AIRDOG will have limited supplies of BBs, mags, goggles, etc..available at the game.

Q12: Do I need to bring a handheld radio to the game?
    A12: Absolutely! This will be the key form of communication between you and your commander. Missions and important team intel will be communicated by radio.

Q13: How are teams identified?
    A13: Teams are identified by uniforms only. AIRDOG will be strict with uniform requirements for this milsim event. Please make sure you are in proper uniform for the team (tan or green) that you are planning on playing.
    Rebel Elite / Guerilla Forces: Tan team (Solid colors, black, tan, Mulitcam, Civilian wear)
    Delta Forces: Green team (Marpat, ACU, Woodland, Tiger Stripe, OD, Flectar)

Q14: How is the field marked for out of bounds (OB)?
    A14: There are natural barriers such as the river and marking tape that identifies the OB area.
    Please refer to your map for the OB areas. Please also note that the camping areas are OB for any gaming.

Q15: Will players be able to charge batteries?
    A15: Yes. AIRDOG will have some charging stations available with a small fee for the battery tendering service ($2). However, charging batteries takes time and we cannot accomodate everyones' needs at the same time. Our suggestion is to link up with folks that have generators or other means for charging batteries....and bring extra batteries!

Q16: Are there any hotels or restuarants nearby?
    A16: No! The closest hotel and retuarants are easily 20 ~ 30 minutes away. We encourage players to support the Sandbar restuarant or bring in the food items you need. We will have the Zaxby's catering truck there for future scenarios.

Q17: What happens if I get lost on the field?
    A17: This is quite possible as the filed is 165 acres. We highly suggest that players print the official gridded map and walk the field in advance. In the event you get lost, try to navigate to the nearest roadway, that will lead to civilization. Radio communication is also key in the event that you get lost.

Q18: Can I use smoke bombs on the field?
    A19: Yes....but only "cold burning" type smoke is permitted. Please check with AIRDOG first if you plan on using smoke. No other pyrotechnis are permitted.

That's all for now!
    Please chime in if you have some useful insight for players new to scenario gaming.

Last edited by Takfire on 13.09.11 10:35; edited 1 time in total
    just some kid
    just some kid

OP: VENOM preparation Empty Re: OP: VENOM preparation

Post  just some kid 12.09.11 21:12

definitely plan for colder weather. it may be 80 degrees here but in northern GA it gets cold at night now that the temperatures are changing. also bring lots of water, snacks, and be prepared for bad weather.
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 12.09.11 21:17

Pfft! Bad weather is an AIRDOG standard gaming condition.
    I think we all know that an AIRDOG game is better than an indian rain dance.
    I'm sure some of you vets can recall the monsoon rain at OP: FREEDOM.
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 12.09.11 21:35

Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!

bring GALLONS of water

and then a bladder or canteen on the field. I can't stress this enough.
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 13.09.11 20:47

Yep!
    Staying hydrated is very important.
    It's key to start the process at least 12 ~ 24 hours in advance and continue to drink water through out the event.

*** VERY IMPORTANT ***
    Please also take a moment to complete the Battlezone waiver prior to the event.
    This will save you time during the registration process.
    Battlezone's waiver can be found in the link below.

http://battlezonepb.com/Waiver.pdf
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 13.09.11 21:41

water
    tp
    tooth brush and paste
    baby wipes
    change of clothes
    plenty of socks (i like to put foot powder in them and put them is zip lock bags-wet feet suck)
    crod powder
    food
    ammo
    extra batteries and charger
    some spare gun parts if you have them(airdog will have techs on site)
    burn barrell if you will have a camp fire
    extra underwear
    cheap poncho (walmart has clear ones for around a buck-i wish i had one for the ga/sc game)
    snacks (this is a long game and water and a power bar will keep you killin)

i think one of the most important things--bring your sportsman like conduct
    this is a game--we want it to be fun
    you guys add to it
    Jaguar12airsoft
    Jaguar12airsoft

Post  Jaguar12airsoft 19.09.11 23:20

I think you left out glowsticks for the night portion. speaking of which, do they HAVE to be red? also, are you guys going to be selling them?
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 20.09.11 7:04

Yes. Red glow sticks are a must for the night game.
    Airdog will have red glow sticks for sale.
    Jaguar12airsoft
    Jaguar12airsoft

Post  Jaguar12airsoft 20.09.11 8:40

sounds good tak

Ear plugs! cicadas and south carolinas drive me nuts at night.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 17:39