Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+11
kilomike
Miracle
Bishop908
savoy6
xyzpdq0121
Rabbit (SPA&SGAT)
just some kid
s92harrell
Andy
poopdaddy
zmonster
15 posters

Operation Riptide (Fort Benning) 21 APRIL 2011

zmonster
    zmonster

Operation Riptide (Fort Benning) 21 APRIL 2011 Empty Operation Riptide (Fort Benning) 21 APRIL 2011

Post  zmonster 05.01.12 0:02

Operation Riptide

We are going to use our standard MWR field for this, and the game will be free and open to the public.
    21 APRIL,

For those on post that supported the planners and intent, thanks, I know I will have more luck at my next assignment at Stewart. The guys at Range Control were top notch, but I cannot in good conscience limit this to a unit personnel event, leaving many in the cold to include my own team,

So the decision is to host it on the MWR Field for free to demostrate how big of a following this sport has to influence those that need to know,

Registration is open at http://opnriptide.eventbrite.com/

This will be a two sided game
    Red Dead Rags

Coalition Forces
    (Army) ACU/MULTICAM
    (Army) DCU, Desert DPM, Chocolate Chip desert
    (Marines) MARPAT (either desert or green)
    (International Forces) OD Green
    (International Forces) Woodland, Woodland DPM

Insurgent Forces
    Civilian attire (reference Middle Eastern/Afghan Attire)
    Minimum Kit, chest rigs and web gear are good, (No helmets)
    Black, Special Militia Forces

Observer/Controllers and Refs will be provided by local units.

If anyone has a question regarding uniform colors and sides, please ask ODA204@gmail.com

Link to waiver and registration site to follow after Winter Break and final coordination with Fort Benning.

Concept of the Operation

Coalition Forces (CF) have recently turned over the Malone Valley as part of a de escalation of the current operations, Insurgent Forces capitalized on this draw down and overrun the district capital of Malone. Zawar Rasul, the Head Insurgent Leader has pronounced victory and intends to defeat any CF counterattack.

Each side will be given a tactical perk to be used prior to the start of the scenario round (mine field, rocket/artllery strike, destruction of a building)
    Think battlefield domination, with sides having to seize and defend points on the field.

The event will be split into 2x3 hour rounds with a 1 hour tactical pause in between to allow sides to adjust strategies/tactics and reload/eat, then get into the action.
    A total of 2x3 hour rounds will be played, with a 2xhour evening round.

Third Coast Airsoft Rules (see below)

TCA RULES & REGULATIONS QUICK REFERENCE CHART
    1. All operators are expected to follow the "Code of Conduct"
    2. CHEATING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
    3. All Airsoft Electric Rifles, must chrono at 400 fps or less using a 0.20g BB .
    All Squad Assault Weapons must chrono at at 450 fps or less using a 0.20g BB.
    All Sniper Rifles must chrono at 500 fps or less using a .20g BB. ANY READINGS HIGHER THAN THESE WILL IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFY THE GUN.
    4. All operators must use approved BBs for that field.
    5. All operators must use hard lens type goggle or glasses that have a tight seal around the face and retention strap (must be ANSI Z rated) with no gaps bigger than a pencil eraser. Players younger than 16 (15 and younger) must wear full face protection (iron mask, mesh half mask and eye pro, full mask).
    6. FPS limits for this event are hard and non negotiable.
    Full face protection is REQUIRED for players 15 and under! This is a 14 and up event (Parents must play with 12-13 years old)
    Examples of acceptable full face protection includes: paintball type masks, full face mesh masks, Iron Face + FlakJak combinations.

6. All hits to the operator's body count as a kill, including web gear
    7. Gun hits do not count
    8. When you are hit you will die in-place, call out loud “HIT”, display DEAD RAG (either BRIGHT SAFETY ORANGE, YELLOW, or RED) and act as if you have been fatally shot and remain motionless for whatever time period has been established for the game.

9. After the determined scenario briefed bleed out, you will place a red rag on your head, put your gun over your head or on your shoulder with one hand in the air and them move away from the combat area to the respawn area or admin area depending on the scenario design and brief.
    10. Dead men do not talk to live operators
    11. Dead men do not talk on the radio, not even to say "I'm dead"
    12. Dead men do not spectate. They hunker down away from the field of action and contemplate their state.
    13. If a dead man suddenly finds himself in a combat zone, he will immediately move to a new secluded area.
    14. There is absolutely no shooting at anyone within the minimum safe engagement distance MSD established for your weapon.
    15. If you encounter an enemy head-on and you are less than the MSD, you must call either “safety kill” “bang” “surrender”
    16. You may “safety kill” an enemy if he is under 20 ft away, and you are behind him with a clear shot and he is unaware of your presence. (1 for 1) If safety killing a group all within 20ft, you are also hit as well (one of them would have shot you in real life).
    17. If someone “safety kill” s you, you must comply without question if the attacker is within your 20-foot safety zone.
    18. If any operators have any disputes, they are expected to resolve them in a gentleman-like manner. We do not yell out for others to call their hits, the correct response is “check” or “ref check”
    19. Indoors AEGs must be on semi (indoor to indoor shots in the same building), shotguns (non gas) and pistols (GBB) are preferred.

Hit Detailed Rules:
    Hits
    1. Hits to any part of your body count as a kill.
    2. Hits to any part of your tactical gear or equipment, such as ammo bags, canteen, and pouches, etc. also count as a kill.
    3. Rounds that snap vegetation and continue on to hit you count as a kill. (ricochets do not apply)
    4. Hits to the gun do not count as a kill.

http://opnriptide.eventbrite.com/ is the site for registration

Map of field, https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_FT4g8LyuUBSDZwWW9FWE9SUUtKWThLRTl5OW1YUQ/edit

We are using volunteer Soldiers and Officer to Ref/OC this, so consider a great many issues/drama kept to a minimum. Plus an experience that will blow you away.

Insurgents are going to do everything they can to retain control of the valley and villages, to include blending in with the peaceful civilians of the valley (friend or foe? treat them rough, and they could support the other side, treat them right, and there is a Insurgent VIP or camp nearby)

Battlefield perks (call in a FASCAM minefield prior to the start of the round, shape the battlefield in your favor, run into a tight spot, use a AC 130 Strike to destroy a strongpoint, the insurgent side has perks but all are limited.)

Seize and control vital objectives on the battlefield, lose them and adjust strategy between rounds.

Field has varying terrain do not let the map fool you. The Afghan Bowl area in the East will give those that have served in the real place the creeps. The West end has a village that is under the canopy.

Last edited by zmonster on 23.03.12 0:01; edited 10 times in total
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Operation Riptide (Fort Benning) 21 APRIL 2011 Empty Re: Operation Riptide (Fort Benning) 21 APRIL 2011

Post  poopdaddy 06.01.12 17:51

looks good guys
    will try and make this one.
    on what side will black fall?
    or is it a out color
    keep us updated and when you lock a site get us some pics
    POOP
    Andy
    Andy

Operation Riptide (Fort Benning) 21 APRIL 2011 Empty Re: Operation Riptide (Fort Benning) 21 APRIL 2011

Post  Andy 06.01.12 18:09

Looking for a date so I can coordinate with my work schedule. This looks awesome.
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 06.01.12 18:41

Hey, for a future OP, how about some Chinooks up to Catoosa?
    zmonster
    zmonster

Post  zmonster 06.01.12 22:43

Poop and Andy,

Black will be on Tan Force,
    Location and date are firming up and will be solid in two weeks.

Force Commanders will be Active duty and will play as the Battle Commanders (allowing for team players to lead their teams, think Pine Plains or Irene).

Sal
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 06.01.12 23:02

All Sniper Rifles must chrono at 500 fps (Limit by NSERA) or less using a .20g BB. (MSD 100ft)

may have to tune down the spr for this one,she's 550
    zmonster
    zmonster

Post  zmonster 06.01.12 23:50

Single shot? Bolt action? That would be ok, but in the end, might not be applicable in an urban area. Very Happy

poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 07.01.12 0:06

a&k spr aeg semi only no full auto
    i tend to use it for shots over 150 feet
    i carry one of the ics's for close range
    zmonster
    zmonster

Post  zmonster 07.01.12 2:01

I know you are using heavy rounds for that spr, be sure to chrono with the rounds you intend to use.
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 07.01.12 21:21

will do
    looking forward to this one
    s92harrell
    s92harrell

Post  s92harrell 07.01.12 22:34

I don't want to announce anything prematurely, but there are BIG things in store for this one. We'll keep you guys updated as we get the info coming down the pipeline. Poop, looking forward to seeing you out in the action rather than just leading from the rear!
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 08.01.12 0:01

2nd that
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 22.01.12 10:33

i think the uniforms might get a little confusing at this op. both teams have green and tan uniforms
    zmonster
    zmonster

Post  zmonster 22.01.12 21:35

Revised.

Will have a date this week and will post registration page link.
    Rabbit (SPA&SGAT)
    Rabbit (SPA&SGAT)

Post  Rabbit (SPA&SGAT) 26.02.12 20:37

What's the date? March 24th?
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 28.02.12 15:53

Rabbit (SPA&SGAT) wrote:What's the date? March 24th?

LOL Your guess is about as good as the rest of ours. We have heard, "Date to be announced this week" several times over the past two months!!! Worse than that, they have not even secured a site at this time from what we have been told. So at this time, I would not get my hopes up (Believe me, I did and they got dashed)!!! My prediction, it will be an act of god if this things goes on and it will be the second coming of Christ if it goes on AND is at Benning's MOUT site! Sorry to doubt Sal, but nothing has added up so far!!! Not even updates on your own Third Coast Airsoft site. Please prove me wrong though!
    zmonster
    zmonster

Post  zmonster 29.02.12 14:18

Sorry it is taking so long for a solid date to come out of this. I was out of State for the last week. Active Duty requirements take priority over my hobby (for now).

Spoke with Range Control last week Tuesday, G3 (Operations) wants a briefing and a FYI, the facilities are available, but higher wants us to do this right. (media, etc...)

We pushed the operation into April (looking at 21st). But bottomline, We will do this.

And now on to updating the 6 other forums where this is posted.

Z
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 29.02.12 17:08

zmonster wrote:Sorry it is taking so long for a solid date to come out of this. I was out of State for the last week. Active Duty requirements take priority over my hobby (for now).

Spoke with Range Control last week Tuesday, G3 (Operations) wants a briefing and a FYI, the facilities are available, but higher wants us to do this right. (media, etc...)

We pushed the operation into April (looking at 21st). But bottomline, We will do this.

And now on to updating the 6 other forums where this is posted.

Z

Apology accepted but not needed Sal. Just realize it is extremely frustrating for those of us that want to come and support the cause but keep hearing "next week" and then nothing more. I know it takes an act of God to get that MOUT site, so I don't envy your task. But maybe this should not have been discussed until all the details were worked out. I can only ask my warden wife so many times to let me have a weekend to play somewhere not local. When those days keep changing, so soon does my wife's answer!!! I know many of the "older" guys are in the same boat.

So my advise, pick a date, get the spot, and THEN announce it all with plenty of advance warning. (Advance warning = at least 1 month)
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 29.02.12 18:18

1st=its for a good cause
    2nd=its hard to line things like this up
    3rd=you don't ask your wife,you tell her!!!(yes i have one,i have to ask as well:but i don't admit it to the guys)
    this thing will go off and i hope it gets a HUGE turn out.
    hope it will get some good media coverage as well.
    see ya at soco
    POOP
    zmonster
    zmonster

Post  zmonster 29.02.12 20:39

Poop,

Appreciate it, it isn't taking an Act of God, alot of interested people with more rank are interested (a very good thing).
    More importantly, I'd like to get as much resources built into this as possible.

My friends at Milsim Event put on Reindeer Games at Fort Hood this past December and used all three MOUT sites for the event. And they had zero military officers helping them out. And that was at Fort Hood, which is a closed post (remember Hassan?) Fort Benning is not, and Columbus Airsoft Association uses the standard field every weekend for free.

Another reason for getting the word out early rather than later was to get a WARNO (warning order) so that others can start planning to attend, I have friends in California and Texas looking to come out here for this and Pine Plains or Oklahoma Invasion.

poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 29.02.12 21:30

this game will be worth the wait
    i think alot of out of staters(that a word?)will be at it
    thanks
    sal
    POOP
    Rabbit (SPA&SGAT)
    Rabbit (SPA&SGAT)

Post  Rabbit (SPA&SGAT) 04.03.12 18:44

So, the 21st, btw how much will it cost, because my team should be coming.
    zmonster
    zmonster

Post  zmonster 04.03.12 20:29

UPDATE see original post

Last edited by zmonster on 19.03.12 22:40; edited 1 time in total
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 04.03.12 21:38

sweet
    shoot ya next week affraid
    zmonster
    zmonster

Post  zmonster 23.03.12 0:01

http://opnriptide.eventbrite.com/ is the site for registration

Map of field, https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_FT4g8LyuUBSDZwWW9FWE9SUUtKWThLRTl5OW1YUQ/edit

We are using volunteer Soldiers and Officer to Ref/OC this, so consider a great many issues/drama kept to a minimum. Plus an experience that will blow you away.

Insurgents are going to do everything they can to retain control of the valley and villages, to include blending in with the peaceful civilians of the valley (friend or foe? treat them rough, and they could support the other side, treat them right, and there is a Insurgent VIP or camp nearby)

Battlefield perks (call in a FASCAM minefield prior to the start of the round, shape the battlefield in your favor, run into a tight spot, use a AC 130 Strike to destroy a strongpoint, the insurgent side has perks but all are limited.)

Seize and control vital objectives on the battlefield, lose them and adjust strategy between rounds.

Field has varying terrain do not let the map fool you. The Afghan Bowl area in the East will give those that have served in the real place the creeps. The West end has a village that is under the canopy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 16.10.24 7:25