Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
Blaze
philsaudio
6 posters

Where are Mesh Goggles allowed or forbiden?

Poll

High Quality Mesh goggles are adequate for Airsoft

[ 0 ]
    Where are Mesh Goggles allowed or forbiden? Bar_left0%Where are Mesh Goggles allowed or forbiden? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Where are Mesh Goggles allowed or forbiden? Bar_left50%Where are Mesh Goggles allowed or forbiden? Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Where are Mesh Goggles allowed or forbiden? Bar_left0%Where are Mesh Goggles allowed or forbiden? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Where are Mesh Goggles allowed or forbiden? Bar_left50%Where are Mesh Goggles allowed or forbiden? Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Poll closed
    philsaudio
    philsaudio

Where are Mesh Goggles allowed or forbiden? Empty Where are Mesh Goggles allowed or forbiden?

Post  philsaudio 07.01.12 21:15

Hi:
    I come from paintball and these mesh masks really intrigue me. I wear glasses now and I just bought a set of the Scott thermal goggle mask at Atlanta airsoft. http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Scott_Voltage_XP_Thermal_Pane_Safety_Mask_p/55355.htm

When I put them on my glasses fog. I have tried on the mesh type masks, like the Brass Guard Stark
    http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Brass_Guard_Stark_Canadian_Black_p/38803.htm and would love to get one, but upon closer waiver and rules inspection of the public indoor fields and some outdoor ones in the Atlanta area I am seeing that these masks are not allowed.

I know what DR Airsoft says but I am willing to let my eyeglasses take up the slack in order to not fog.

Will someone of great local experience give me the low down on mesh goggles as far as what is allowed and what is not allowed around Atlanta.

Thanks in advance.
    Blaze
    Blaze

Where are Mesh Goggles allowed or forbiden? Empty Re: Where are Mesh Goggles allowed or forbiden?

Post  Blaze 07.01.12 21:30

If your having fogging issues pick up some Flakjaks Google's they never fog and I know plenty of people that haven't had issues with them. Great for indoor I usually wear my Oakleys outdoors

wolf six

Where are Mesh Goggles allowed or forbiden? Empty Re: Where are Mesh Goggles allowed or forbiden?

Post  wolf six 08.01.12 1:35

some BB's tend to shatter on the wire lenses and send shrapnel into your face/ eyes. -alex uses goggles with a little fan in them hit him up via PM he should be able to help you out with your issue
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 08.01.12 2:17

if fogging is an issue then get some flakjaks and take out the vent things. i personally just wear some glasses but if you do that be prepared to take a shot to the face. the mesh also makes it hard to see at night because it makes everything look darker. airdog lets you use them but ss airsoft doesn't. i don't think many of the indoor fields et you use them at all.
    philsaudio
    philsaudio

Where are Mesh Goggles allowed or forbiden? Empty Found some FlakJak's pretty inexpensive

Post  philsaudio 08.01.12 12:46

I just splurged $19.99 total for a set of FlacJak's delivered here to Atlanta to my door for $19.99

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/fltagosetnew.html

Cant have to many goggles lying about.

philsaudio
    philsaudio

Where are Mesh Goggles allowed or forbiden? Empty Little Fans

Post  philsaudio 08.01.12 12:55

wolf six wrote: some BB's tend to shatter on the wire lenses and send shrapnel into your face/ eyes. -alex uses goggles with a little fan in them hit him up via PM he should be able to help you out with your issue

My old paintball goggles have the JT vortex fan.

I had to re solder the switch but it still works. One of the fan blades is broken off so it makes a lot of noise. The goggles sat in the attic for 15 years and the foam turned to goo. I need to get some Goof off and then put some new foam. The paintball mask vents are big enough for a bb to get through. Shot the goggles at point blank, not a mark. I have several sets of spare lenses. It was a great mask. I will let a noob use it till he gets his own. I am getting everyone I know into it. I drove past that store for 15 years without going in.
    surefire pigeon
    surefire pigeon

Post  surefire pigeon 08.01.12 13:40

Is there any real risk in taking out all of the vents in the flakjacks? In indoor is dangerous to get shot there?
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 08.01.12 20:30

No it still provides protection

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 17.05.24 5:40