Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
bassman
Hippie
6 posters

Recruiting: Vanguard Airsoft, Operation: Eastwind Team

Hippie
    Hippie

Recruiting: Vanguard Airsoft, Operation: Eastwind Team Empty Recruiting: Vanguard Airsoft, Operation: Eastwind Team

Post  Hippie 19.04.12 20:59

Hey guys, it's Todd "Hippie" McCabe, making yet another attempt at recruiting for my team. After a recent discussion with James "Bassman" Carrin, the team leader, we have decided to make our team an Operation Eastwind ready team. Basically, our goal is to gather all of the required, and recommended gear for Operation Eastwind, run the loadout constantly to get used to the weight and to become acclimated to the feel, and attend Operation Eastwind in the future. For those have never heard of Operation Eastwind, here is the link - click on the photo.
    Recruiting: Vanguard Airsoft, Operation: Eastwind Team Warpac-headRecruiting: Vanguard Airsoft, Operation: Eastwind Team Nato-head
    All three of us in Vanguard are doing the U.S. Army 315th Radio Relay Company, but all EW factions are accepted, though we highly recommend doing the 315th RRC with the rest of us. We don't require you to have any of the gear to join Vanguard, but obviously, you will need to start gathering the weapons and equipment for whatever Eastwind faction you choose. The age requirement is 18 years old and older for all attendants of Operation Eastwind.
    The three current members are looking at attending in 2015 or 2016, giving us plenty of time to get the proper equipment, and practice using the gear for long periods of time. If you're interested, contact me, Hippie, or James, Bassman, and well start talking.

Last edited by Hippie on 24.01.13 22:56; edited 7 times in total
    bassman
    bassman

Recruiting: Vanguard Airsoft, Operation: Eastwind Team Empty Re: Recruiting: Vanguard Airsoft, Operation: Eastwind Team

Post  bassman 19.04.12 21:59

Disreguard further comments they are from before the edit

Last edited by bassman on 25.01.13 11:29; edited 1 time in total
    Miracle
    Miracle

Recruiting: Vanguard Airsoft, Operation: Eastwind Team Empty Re: Recruiting: Vanguard Airsoft, Operation: Eastwind Team

Post  Miracle 20.04.12 12:18

bassman wrote:I think you scared them with a those words. Let me try. We are a vietnam team. We want accuracy and we will help you achieve accuracy. We want people who will play and who will play with integrity and honor. It may sound expensive, maybe. it may sound, difficult, most likely. but the satisfaction of teaching about this piece of American history out-weighs all of that. If you are rude and lie we dont want you. If you are not commited we dont need you. If you want to teach and remember our fallen veterans, welcome to the team.

+1
    bassman
    bassman

Post  bassman 21.04.12 9:33

If anyone wants to join or has questions message me.
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 24.04.12 23:44

If anyone of you guys are thinking about joining, but are worried about the costs of the uniform, let me clear this up: I spent only $80 on my uniform. That's about the same price you'd pay for used ACUs and a used replica MICH. You can pick up your basic webgear setup for about $40. It's cheap, when compared to other loadouts, and you don't have to buy it all at once (duh). Bassman has told me about the team's phase type plan. Since he hasn't bothered posting it, I'll do it for him,:

Phase 1) A gun - just have a gun. If you don't have one, look at phase 4 and save yourself some money.
    Phase 2) Uniform - 3rd Pattern jungle combat fatigues, M1 "steel pot" helmet, jungle boots.
    Phase 3) Webgear - If you already have some, it'll work until you can afford to replace it with the real stuff. If you don't have any, once again, get the real stuff and save your money.
    Phase 4) A period correct weapon - M16A1, M14, M60, M79, M14E2, or XM177.
    Phase 5) M1955 flak jacket
    Phase 6) Finishing Touches - just what it says, just little details.
    Master sgt fuzz
    Master sgt fuzz

Post  Master sgt fuzz 25.04.12 18:45

so you dont say ntn but you oll buddys okay hippie basman :'( lol jk good job guys
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 25.04.12 20:20

something for ya' hippie...lol..
    http://www.vietvet.org/usmcdict.htm
    you guy going to use 782 gear or M56?....forrest park has a bunch of M56 stuff....
    bassman
    bassman

Post  bassman 25.04.12 20:46

Were gonna be using 782 gear. Marines would use whatever they could get their hands on. M56 and m61 would be fine, no m67 gear thats too late for our impression.
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 25.04.12 21:58

James...just to let you know, that's savoy6. He's on VNAS and he's been 'Namsofting for quite some time.
    bassman
    bassman

Post  bassman 25.04.12 22:03

Oh sorry man didnt know. I was wondering why you knew, well anything.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 26.04.12 1:12

yeah...been doing ww2 and indohina for many years now...personally i'd just go with mostly 56 gear...it's still pretty cheap and is still readily available.....
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 26.04.12 21:33

savoy6 wrote:yeah...been doing ww2 and indohina for many years now...personally i'd just go with mostly 56 gear...it's still pretty cheap and is still readily available.....

Thanks savoy. Right now I'm the only member with any gear, and a functioning weapon. Bassman has some sort of WWII Merchant Marine belt, M42 bandage pouch and an 80's M1 helmet. I gave him my M56 suspenders because they were too short for me. I have my 3rd patterns, helmet with cover, M41 suspenders, M56 "horizontal weave" pistol belt, 6 M61 ammunition pouches, a three cell grenade pouch, 2 M56 canteen covers with 1966 dated canteens, 1944 dated jungle first aid kit and an M42 first aid pouch. All I need to finish my webgear is a bayonet for my M16 and a claymore bag. As for my pack, I have an M41 haversack with an M43 shovel cover. I need an E-tool though. My "little extra's" consist of a field towel, M17 gas mask with carrier, and dogtags. Next time I see some M56 gear, I'm going to pick it up; I want to set up a few Air Cav impressions after my USMC impression is done. I'm getting close; hopefully I'll have a full impression by the end of the summer. I actually have a notebook that has my ideas for all of my impressions written down. I love getting a new item in the mail because I get to go though it and add a whole bunch of check-marks!
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 27.04.12 1:59

yeah..lol....i did the same when i was putting together my Indochina impression....
    Recruiting: Vanguard Airsoft, Operation: Eastwind Team 196951_1599781244238_1527262901_31128659_6406793_n
    or i could go with my Navy TF116 get up...(my dad was a river rat for 4 tours..'66 to'70)
    Recruiting: Vanguard Airsoft, Operation: Eastwind Team Tf116
    damn i need a diet...lol
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 27.04.12 16:27

got some friends that are already kitted up for NVA.....they might have to do something about some mareen GI... Very Happy
    Recruiting: Vanguard Airsoft, Operation: Eastwind Team 401916_509508445814_198300204_30118002_1345977927_n
    Recruiting: Vanguard Airsoft, Operation: Eastwind Team 386004_509508405894_198300204_30117998_1571236437_n
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 21.05.12 20:06

Oh sweet! I don't know how I missed those. Thanks Savoy!

I thought I'd let everyone know that recently, Bassman and I decided on the team name VANGUARD; and we're still looking for new members. Seriously guys. This is cool stuff. Plus, you can have an entire uniform and web-gear set up for about the same price as a black plate carrier. Come on, save some money and be different! Help us represent our veteran heroes!
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 21.05.12 20:15

I wish you luck with your endeavor
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 22.05.12 10:20

Oh yes; It's proving to be quite a challenge. We've only had one person contact us, but they decided it wasn't for them.
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 21.06.12 23:30

Well, I'll be moving soon and the team is changing due to this. Bassman has decided to change the team from a Vietnam only team to a Historical Battles team. Wanna do Ranger on D-Day? Cool. 'Bout Delta Force in Somalia? Fine. Anything you wanna do - up to the year 2000. If you can get it, you can do it. I do believe that Bassman said something along the lines of "I may require everone to own a full green or woodland uniform" but I'll check with him.
    bassman
    bassman

Post  bassman 22.06.12 15:14

Yes i ill be requiring a set of woodland or od green to join which is easy to get just go to goodwill or a thrift store for like $10 total
    Hippie
    Hippie

Post  Hippie 24.01.13 22:33

Team information is updated. See first post.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.04.24 0:00