Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

Fixing a hole like a boss

Hippie
    Hippie

Fixing a hole like a boss Empty Fixing a hole like a boss

Post  Hippie 16.06.12 2:02

When I bought this jacket in the surplus store it was covered in cheap iron on patches that the store put on for more appeal and so the price could be raised a few bucks. I removed all f the patches, because the USMC didn't wear any markings on their uniforms back in 'Nam. Most of them came off smoothly, but the special forces patch and airborne tab left a hole and the iron on glue. I decided that I needed to cover this up. Now, normally I don't care. The jacket has plenty of holes and there are a button missing but repairs really don't need to be made to these. The patch was really just to cover up the glue. I cut of a bit of fabric from a helmet cover, grabbed a needle and some thread, and hand sew it all the old fashioned way. I didn't want it to look like a professional patch - it's supposed to look like that. I'm happy with the result:
    Fixing a hole like a boss P1090449

If you recognize the pattern, it's because it's the U.S. "Veteran" camouflage in Battlefield 3. It's called Mitchell pattern - it was developed in the 1950s for the USMC but the helmet covers were issued to pretty much every branch of the U.S. military. Some jackets and trousers were made by a few companies in Japan and a few advisors used them in the early years.

Current date/time is 07.05.24 4:01