Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

5 posters

Airsport: The mess within

Poll

Did you enjoy Airsport's grand opening?

[ 2 ]
    Airsport: The mess within Bar_left20%Airsport: The mess within Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Airsport: The mess within Bar_left30%Airsport: The mess within Bar_right [30%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Airsport: The mess within Bar_left50%Airsport: The mess within Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Airsport: The mess within Bar_left0%Airsport: The mess within Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 10
    CarnieCKz
    CarnieCKz

Airsport: The mess within Empty Airsport: The mess within

Post  CarnieCKz 14.10.12 10:25

Several other players and I have ripped this place a new one on the Facebook AoG group page. If you played and actually enjoyed it, i'd like to see your opinion, as well as those who didn't.

Personally, I wasted an hour and a half of my day trolling kids on probably the smallest field I've ever played on. None of the players knew what was going on, and neither did the staff I think. Facebook and THIS FORUM provided false advertising for their event as free all day, where as you only had the first hour free. Several other players and I had joked that the Chic-fil-a was only free for the first two bites, and was $4.99 for every bite after.

I left early enough to where I didn't have to pay, but I want a refund for my time and gas spent. Probably won't happen.
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Airsport: The mess within Empty Re: Airsport: The mess within

Post  poopdaddy 14.10.12 13:57

if you need a good game come to acz on the 20th
    zombie fest is always great
    Rock5
    Rock5

Post  Rock5 14.10.12 15:18

Alright this was actually fun for a little while. I really think the disorganization people felt was that the place wasn't expecting the turn out. I took my two sons and we played until we got tired of playing. This place had the same problems all cqb places have with new people. The field is not that small but does not have the cover and movement possibilities most of us are used to. I really feel the owners have done a good job with what they are trying to do which is bring Airsoft to a more main stream crowd.
    philsaudio
    philsaudio

Post  philsaudio 14.10.12 17:41

I was working from 9:30 to 3:30 and played from 3:30-5:00 We were supposed to close at 9PM when the mall closes. I was the close side ref and guarded the door to the arena. I can't speak officially on behalf of Airsport but only as a part time ref.

As far as free play passes ( just like the ad says) In all fairness, most CQB places sell play for an hour, and play all day passes. The ad did not say how long the passes were for so there is nothing dishonest with giving out free passes for the exact same product we sell. One hour free passes.

I can respect the opinions you posted from the hardcore community. The fact that we do not meet the "hardcore Airsoft team standard" could be the very thing that distinguishes Airsport from the rest of the airsoft cqb fields within a 5 mile radius. Nuf said. I am hardcore. My son and I had a blast playing at Airsport yesterday however. We began paintball together when he was 10 years old. Now he is 33. We usually play at SS.

We raffled off a Marui, two Echo 1 AEGs, Two KWA CQRs, bunches of stuff, had free lunch for everyone who was there for it and introduced a lot of kids, moms, and regular people to airsoft. People were dressed in tee shirts and gym shorts, girls with fully exposed arms, moms with sweatshirts and teams with full CQB armor complete with chest rigs full of mags and whatever it took to be sure a hit(s) could be heard but not felt to much.

It was crowded for sure. We turned around four 7 minute matches per hour. Had 36 rental guns going constantly. We kept score for goals, hits and people not calling hits. The score and time remaining was posted on our new score board while the game was being played. We rearranged the field every two to four games so each side would have a chance to play it in both directions.

We did have a "do not cross line" going down the middle. Its position changed depending on the game. For a crowd like yesterday it was needed IMHO. There were some team C-MAG guys covered head to toe in pain reducing gear walking to the line and just hosing everyone from the edge and I have no doubt they would have flanked and caused some major pain if we allowed crossing over.

As far as the 550 FPS on spring rifles. I hope that is reconsidered. We just opened. We reserve the right to improve.

In the month preceding yesterdays grand opening, what I am seeing is a lot of the same kids coming over to Airsport from the more hardcore places on a weekly basis. It is so easy to tell where people play by their barrel socks. Several come with t shirts and shorts; 10-12 yo kids, full well knowing the risks of getting shot. There is a lot of sliding and rolling going on out there. Kids love to throw the balls and play with springers. After all most kids playing in the back yard with springers think of hardcore cqb places similarly to how a lot of hardcore bad <CENSORED> airsofters would think about being handed a colt m4 and being plopped into a humV in real combat. Brown stains!

There is Afganastan
    There is the Swat team
    There is simunition
    There is hardcore airsoft
    There is airsport.
    There are nerf wars
    there is Laser tag

Maybe airsport is fun enough as is or a gateway sport. I hope I can stick around here long enough to see. It is original and it is evolving.

All I know is this old fart sure looks forward to going to work.

Peace
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 14.10.12 17:49

Rock5 wrote: I really feel the owners have done a good job with what they are trying to do which is bring Airsoft to a more main stream crowd.

Tactical Airsofer abides no foolishness. Tactical Airsofter deplores your silly ‘main stream crowd’ and your quixotic rivalries.

Rock5
    Rock5

Post  Rock5 14.10.12 19:41

Agree Twitch. I went so that I could give a real review of the place and not just trash it like some people are. Will more than likely never grace it's door again, but I also don't think it needs to be trashed on the forums. See y'all at Zombiefest4
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 14.10.12 22:37

i agree with rock
    i asked the question"what happened in the airsoft community?"
    i think these places are very important to our sport.but i think the owners need to encourage players to go to other venues
    and try other styles of play.indoor speedball has its place,as well as crazy dodge ball airsoft.but if you only play at one place and only one style of play you will get bored.you may quit before you get started.
    to grow our sport we must support our sport.i did not get to this game,i am not a huge fan of cqb but i think we need some of these places to get players hooked.encourage new players,promote other fields,work together and the numbers will grow.
    i own a small motorcycle shop.i see new shops pop up and other bike shop owners in the area get upset.they think it will cost them customers.in reality it brings more customers to our area.if the shop is good they will make it,if not the advertising
    they did will trickle over to us.put cards from other fields in you shops.tell players to check it out.if they enjoy other fields more than yours they will still grow the sport.also when they bring in new players they may migrate to your field.
    its a win win.
    cross promote the sport
    it will help all fields
    try new games
    play new fields
    and for Pete's sake
    SHOOT SOME ONE lol!

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AIRSPORT
    POOP

Rock5
    Rock5

Post  Rock5 14.10.12 23:07

Alright we really need a way to like or promote a post. Thanks Poop see you next weekend. Lord willing and the Creek don't rise.
    philsaudio
    philsaudio

Post  philsaudio 15.10.12 11:19

poopdaddy wrote:i agree with rock
    i asked the question"what happened in the airsoft community?"
    i think these places are very important to our sport.but i think the owners need to encourage players to go to other venues
    and try other styles of play.indoor speedball has its place,as well as crazy dodge ball airsoft.but if you only play at one place and only one style of play you will get bored.you may quit before you get started.
    to grow our sport we must support our sport.i did not get to this game,i am not a huge fan of cqb but i think we need some of these places to get players hooked.encourage new players,promote other fields,work together and the numbers will grow.
    i own a small motorcycle shop.i see new shops pop up and other bike shop owners in the area get upset.they think it will cost them customers.in reality it brings more customers to our area.if the shop is good they will make it,if not the advertising
    they did will trickle over to us.put cards from other fields in you shops.tell players to check it out.if they enjoy other fields more than yours they will still grow the sport.also when they bring in new players they may migrate to your field.
    its a win win.
    cross promote the sport
    it will help all fields
    try new games
    play new fields
    and for Pete's sake
    SHOOT SOME ONE lol!

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AIRSPORT
    POOP

You are so right on. Airsport wants to thank Airsoft Atlanta for their support of our grand opening. I think all of our raffle equipment was supplied by them. Eric at AA understands that the more players in the area the better for his business.

Peace

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 13:54