Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
just some kid
S.M.A.
6 posters

Upgradable Sniper?

S.M.A.
    S.M.A.

Upgradable Sniper? Empty Upgradable Sniper?

Post  S.M.A. 02.12.12 0:17

So after looking at poopdaddy's post about the flow of noobs decreasing, I decided to get back in he game. Was gonna buy Gaming computer, but to build one would be 700 bucks. No. So I found 2 snipers that might hold me over until I can buy a G&G SR25, or M110. But I just wanna know which one I should choose. I really like the Well, but don't know as far as the upgradeabily goes.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=10845

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=28627

Thanks guys Smile
    just some kid
    just some kid

Upgradable Sniper? Empty Re: Upgradable Sniper?

Post  just some kid 02.12.12 0:30

the jg bar 10 is probably going to be the more upgradable of the two. but to make a bolt action shoot as well as an aeg then you're going to be spending a lot of money anyways. both of those rifles will shoot just about as far as a rental gun at any field. your best bet is to buy an aeg and start from there. look around on amazon for a cheap price. for example - http://www.amazon.com/S-System-Airsoft-Rifle-Upgraded-Version/dp/B0031VXG4C/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1354422503&sr=8-4&keywords=m4+airsoft+gun - not trying to crush your dreams of having a cool sniper but it really is easier to just start out with an aeg
    S.M.A.
    S.M.A.

Post  S.M.A. 02.12.12 0:36

Well the thing is I want a beginner and get used to it. Assault doesn't work for me :-( I shoot my teammates a lot by accident. But if I ever get past it, I'll prolly buy that JG. Thanks though! It helps.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 02.12.12 1:17

S.M.A. wrote:Well the thing is I want a beginner and get used to it. Assault doesn't work for me :-( I shoot my teammates a lot by accident. But if I ever get past it, I'll prolly buy that JG. Thanks though! It helps.

what i'm trying to tell you is that it's going to be hard to snipe when you have to be on the front lines in order to hit the other team. with those rifles you won't be able to sit back and snipe. in fact, you can get the JG and have the same range as those rifles with semi and full auto. don't just look at the price in airsoft. just because something is cheap with a high fps doesn't mean it's a great rifle. make sure you do a little research on the rifle you're about to buy.
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 02.12.12 10:03

check out the echo 1
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=32805
    if you are set on a bolt sniper,rhino had one at airdog and said it was shooting close to 500 out of the box.
    but harris is correct,for a good sniper start with a aeg.airsoft is a round bb,the flight path is not the same with each round.
    with a bolt you will pull of target each time you cock the rifle.with an aeg you send your first round at the target---then follow up with a corrected trajectory.i.e--target in cross hairs---fire,round went a foot to the right--aim foot to the left and @#%$@ hit.with a bolt they have to much time to move.with a few upgrades you can get a combat machine shooting over 480 and if you use it on semi the gear box will hold up o.k.
    in the long run if you want a bolt get on craigslist and pick up a used one,seems alot of people are selling the "like new"bolts
    and some even upgraded.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 02.12.12 11:42

Get the m28 like poop said they are 500-550 fps out of the box
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 02.12.12 12:33

used L96's can be had for ~$50 or less... many new to the game start with these and quickly outgrow them. remember to use heavier bb's with fps above 400.

also consider carrying a secondary for targets within the M.E.D.
    S.M.A.
    S.M.A.

Post  S.M.A. 02.12.12 13:07

Thanks guys, it helps! So I've read, Snipers appearantly aren't accurate past 200 feet. Even with 200+ in upgrades. This true? And I have a pretty good sidearm picked out.
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 02.12.12 13:50

they are in aeg form.it may take 4 to 6 shots but i have had 300+ hits and i am sure alex has as well.250 is pretty easy with my set up.
    S.M.A.
    S.M.A.

Post  S.M.A. 02.12.12 14:17

What setup do you have? The M107?
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 02.12.12 21:12

me?
    it started with an a&k spr
    modify gearbox
    m170 spring
    matrix red piston
    riot sc high torque gears
    echo 1 high torque motor
    aluminum piston and piston head
    air seal nozzle
    603 tbb started as a 650mm and cut it to length
    mosfet and a big 11.1 lipo
    shoots 550 with .20s
    not a cheap build but probably has more rounds thru it than most other aeg snipers in the area
    if you build one of these,YOU build it.they require some regular maintenance and its cheaper to do it your self.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 02.12.12 23:33

we went to Blue Hole SC saturday for an Op and confirmed a few 300 ft shots with my digital range finder. weather condition was perfect (no wind). the rhop mod made a noticeable distance. my usual range was 250 feet. with rhop, it increased it by 50 feet. over hopping it increases the range but hard to zero in between.

like poop mentioned, it's not a one shot one kill. usually takes 1-6 shots or more with quality bb's. 1-10 with crappier bbs. WE .40g is out of stock again. range up to 200 feet is usually a one shot (assuming no wind and it's a torso shot).

all the bolt action showdowns were owned by DMR's. you just can't pull that bolt fast enough. once you get that sr25, expect to spend as much on upgrades (replacing piston/ph, gears, motor, air nozzle, spring, sorbo, rewire, mosfet, deans, LiPo). you will need to stabilize the barrel and hopup. take avantage of the rhop mod for the extra range. check prices on .40g (you don't want anything lighter weight).

Upgradable Sniper? Tan-loadout

Rock5
    Rock5

Post  Rock5 03.12.12 0:06

Alright I am going to chime in here even tho the three of the best DMR guys have already spoke. I keep my guns right at 400 fps with .20 but use .28 BB's. with this setup I am realizable hitting around 200 feet want to do an R-hop to increase my range. My advice is to stay right at 400 fps with good long barrel good hop up, rhop if you can. This allows you to shoot people when they do get in closer without having to change to secondary, most fields anything over 400fps has 100MED.

REALLY YOUR CHOICE I tend to rush keep up on the front lines so I need to be able to fire on people with 100ft.

S.M.A.
    S.M.A.

Post  S.M.A. 03.12.12 17:51

Alright thanks guys! I've given up on bolt actions if I wanna play at Airdog. So A&K spr for snipers. This really helps guys.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 22:55