Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+13
Electioneer
ATLAS
WhiteRussian
Nerd
#CW!!ZERO
Rhino
WPeake23 [SOTHG]
Lone Wolf
scooter
reconsniperga
firby911
NJSC
Dirkastan
17 posters

Show us your cars

ATLAS
    ATLAS

Show us your cars - Page 2 Empty Re: Show us your cars

Post  ATLAS 16.04.09 16:23

Dirkastan wrote:Dont know if there is a thread already for this or not, but if there is, mods please move my post to that thread.

Got my First Car last week finally!

Show us your cars - Page 2 Bimmer003
    Show us your cars - Page 2 Bimmer004
    Show us your cars - Page 2 Bimmer002
    Show us your cars - Page 2 Bimmer006
    Show us your cars - Page 2 Bimmer009
    Show us your cars - Page 2 Bimmer011

2003 BMW 330CI

VF Technologies Turbo
    VF Technologies Cold Air Intake
    HLN Exhaust System
    GReddy Front Bumper
    5% Tint
    OEM 18" Rims

A word of advice from someone who has completly fragged a motor or two, before you start working to make you car faster make it more reliable!

If I were you I would invest in boost, Air/Fuel, and oil pressure guages soon so you can keep and eye on things under the hood. I am assuming that you purchased the car with the supercharger already installed? It looks from the picture that it is a vortec supercharger, in which case I would also advise putting in a air cooler (cooler air = denser air = better combustion = MORE POWER). As far as the extra strain caused by the pulley driven charger, you could invest in "Tru Power" style Pulleys. These are not the same as underdrive pullies in that they are the same size as stock and provide the same rotation but they have been reduced in weight from factory. If you have an Amp in your car you will eventually regret underdrive pullies, when your headlight constantly dim and your A/C is bairly working. Also an oil cooler would increase the life of the supercharger and your motor. If you aren't running a BOV on the supercharger you will almost certainly end up spooling the turbine backwards which will trash it over time. BAD!

As far as the turbo v supercharger discussion, it is more a question of what you plan on doing with your car. The supercharger does have a more linear power curve and tends to be a bit more problem free, and better from a stop. The turbo does not spool up until you have reached a higher rpm so it is better for the type of driving where you spend most of your time in the "power band" of the turbo, such as road racing.

personally, I prefer the turbo. There is something magical about lining up next to someone, hitting the gas and steadly accelerating with the guy still next to you, then there is the sudden sound of a HUGE fan in your motor, the tires slip a bit and you are gone! then you shift and the BOV puts in its two cents and you look in the mirror to see the pissed off look in the other guys face... PRICELESS!!

Not that I advocate street racing!
    firby911
    firby911

Post  firby911 22.04.09 20:58

Picked up my first car today.

99 integra ls
    -H&R coilovers
    -99/00 si wheels
    -itr lip
    -itr front strut bar
    -itr shift boot

Got big plans for it once i get some money coming in.

Show us your cars - Page 2 New_ca10

Show us your cars - Page 2 New_ca11

Show us your cars - Page 2 New_ca12
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 22.04.09 23:09

Guys try not to quote pictures, then there on here like 100 times. But anyway nice car, i like it!
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 23.04.09 0:02

Putting a k20 in 'er?
    firby911
    firby911

Post  firby911 23.04.09 7:34

Down the road i might actually,it depends on money really and a bunch of other stuff. I want to recaro the interior lol and maybe ls/vtec it for now.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 23.04.09 7:55

firby911 wrote:Down the road i might actually,it depends on money really and a bunch of other stuff. I want to recaro the interior lol and maybe ls/vtec it for now.

then your system.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 23.04.09 9:28

See that's one thing that I don't understand about people and their cars. I've never been into sound systems. I've always been about performance, then comes appearance. And by appearane I mean paint, interior, etc. Just never been into stereos; I don't see the point.
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 23.04.09 10:45

NJSC wrote:See that's one thing that I don't understand about people and their cars. I've never been into sound systems. I've always been about performance, then comes appearance. And by appearane I mean paint, interior, etc. Just never been into stereos; I don't see the point.

Well, if you're shaking the whole road with your system, people will look at you. It makes your car more high profile.
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 24.04.09 12:25

past Honda credintials: 200hp 2000 civic Si w/ b16, eg civic hatch (4 motors) b16(jdm), b18(itr, gsr x2) Blew 2 motors sold one motor then sold the car and saw it on the news 3 days later in a street racing bust in the ATL. too funny. I dive a Scion Tc now because i believe their version on the vvt-i is better than the honda vtec, and it comes with a stout 2.3L motor designed for forced induction. but nobody yet has done it as well as Porsche(the origianl vtec!)

firby911 wrote:Down the road I might actually, it depends on money really and a bunch of other stuff. I want to recaro the interior lol and maybe ls/vtec it for now.

Recaro seats are great, but racing harnesses are dangerious without a FULL roll cage. Some of the factory honda's use recaros stock. hint "all honda cars use the same base seat rails with different mounting brackets" up till 2004. I would advise against the LS/Vtec "Frankenstein" motor. Any money you save by not getting a type R or GSR Integra motor you will end up spending on machine work to get the vtec head to match the ls block, and the fuel curve adjustments for the vtec. Honda Designed the Vtec equipped motors specifically for the vtec system, You would be better off just having the intake and exhaust ported and polished on an ITR/GSR/SI motor. Speaking in the interest of reliable speed (assuming that is important to you), the only acura/honda set up I would consider based on the LS motor would be turbo with the b16 dohc head with vtec disabled. the LS on a turbo is a beast and the the b16 has the best flowing head of all the b's. If money is not a concern, then i would go with a K series. A bit more $ for the install but the motor "literally" runs the opposite direction of the b series, Huge difference in Torque. The biggest plausible k series is in the vtec Honda element!

NJSC wrote:See that's one thing that I don't understand about people and their cars. I've never been into sound systems. I've always been about performance, then comes appearance. And by appearance I mean paint, interior, etc. Just never been into stereos; I don't see the point.

Some songs demand,no deserve to be played at high levels, Some stereo have to compete with exhaust and engine noise, and some people, Like myself, don't want to be forced to listen to the crap the guy sitting next to me is listening too. If you are sitting next to my car and forcing me to listen to crap, I have the right and insist on having the ability to shake your mirrors with the crappiest and cheesiest music I have on hand! the Umpa Lumpa techno always works!
    firby911
    firby911

Post  firby911 24.04.09 16:47

I wasn't going add the harness just the seats along with red itr carpet(maybe)itr matts,and other red itr stuff but i may put that on hold for now. Im not going to do the ls/vtec thing as i looked it up the other night and for what it is looks like to much money. I thought about boosting but do you think i will be alright with 137,00k? So all you would add would be the b16 head(what all does that involve?) on top of everything for boost? Concerning the k series i read that the tsx motor, iirc (k24?) is one of the best for the money due to the torque.

Btw would you happen to know how to tighten up the sideskirts as mine are loose and I havent really figured out how they bolt up?
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 24.04.09 17:26

firby911 wrote:I wasn't going add the harness just the seats along with red itr carpet(maybe)itr matts,and other red itr stuff but i may put that on hold for now. Im not going to do the ls/vtec thing as i looked it up the other night and for what it is looks like to much money. I thought about boosting but do you think i will be alright with 137,00k? So all you would add would be the b16 head(does that bolt right up?) on top of everything for boost? Concerning the k series i read that the tsx motor, iirc (k24?) is one of the best for the money due to the torque.

Btw would you happen to know how to tighten up the sideskirts as mine are loose and I havent really figured out how they bolt up?

I would not boost a 137k motor on faith alone. In order to put a b16 head on an ls motor you are going to have to pull the ls head off which should give you a good look at the condition of the motor. With a b16 head you are still going to have to have the head machined to allow for the difference in cylnder size but they do bolt up(Don't waist your money until you have researched this option, it can be costly if not done right the first time). if you think you want to turbo, the first thing you need to do is compression check your motor. Bad piston rings or a bad head gaskett will eventually render your motor a WHIMP!

as for the k series,it depends on what you want to do: the tsx motor (k24a2) is a better motor if you want to run NA.
    TSX motor specs: 200hp@6800rpm, 166ft/lbs@4500rpm redline 7600
    CRV motor specs: 160hp@ 6000rpm, 162ft/lbs@3600rpm redline 6500
    the CRV motor (k24a1) is, in my opinion, a better option for turbo because it isn't vtec.

the problem you are going to have with a motor out of a car like the tsx is the wear and tear from the previous owner. I would suggest never buying a used engine from me because I rag the crap out of motors. I have bought many used motors. Tear them apart and replace the vital parts, gasketts seals, and deffinently the timing belt. break a timing belt on a honda while the motor is running and you will hit your valves with the piston. instant paperweight. BTW if you just bought the car... CHANGE THE TIMING BELT ASAP.
    firby911
    firby911

Post  firby911 24.04.09 17:44

Ight,seeing how this is my first car im going to take it easy awhile and just do i/h/e then decide what i want today later.
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 24.04.09 18:15

Gotta save for it.

Show us your cars - Page 2 Photo
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 24.04.09 18:36

ATLAS wrote:Some songs demand,no deserve to be played at high levels, Some stereo have to compete with exhaust and engine noise, and some people, Like myself, don't want to be forced to listen to the crap the guy sitting next to me is listening too. If you are sitting next to my car and forcing me to listen to crap, I have the right and insist on having the ability to shake your mirrors with the crappiest and cheesiest music I have on hand! the Umpa Lumpa techno always works!

I love doing that to people, but yeah, im more into lifted trucks to go muddin in then sports cars. Man if I only had pictures of the truck I was about to buy but my mom thought it would be too top heavy and flip. It was a Ford Ranger 4x4 with a 12 inch syspension lift, 2 inch body lift, and like 48in super swappers. Looked almost identical to this truck but with a Dark Dark Dark red paint job.
    Show us your cars - Page 2 Lynn_SC_s10
    firby911
    firby911

Post  firby911 24.04.09 19:37

Electioneer wrote:Gotta save for it.

Have fun saving for that. Laughing
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 25.04.09 1:12

firby911 wrote:Ight,seeing how this is my first car im going to take it easy awhile and just do i/h/e then decide what i want today later.

Smart move! I would advise getting a set of AEM Tru power pulleys. They reduce the amount of hp loss caused by the ac and alt without effecting them negetivly. I used them on all my honda's and they are by far the best aftermarket part I ever added for the money.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 26.04.09 18:25

#CW!!ZERO wrote:
    ATLAS wrote:Some songs demand,no deserve to be played at high levels, Some stereo have to compete with exhaust and engine noise, and some people, Like myself, don't want to be forced to listen to the crap the guy sitting next to me is listening too. If you are sitting next to my car and forcing me to listen to crap, I have the right and insist on having the ability to shake your mirrors with the crappiest and cheesiest music I have on hand! the Umpa Lumpa techno always works!

I love doing that to people, but yeah, im more into lifted trucks to go muddin in then sports cars. Man if I only had pictures of the truck I was about to buy but my mom thought it would be too top heavy and flip. It was a Ford Ranger 4x4 with a 12 inch syspension lift, 2 inch body lift, and like 48in super swappers. Looked almost identical to this truck but with a Dark Dark Dark red paint job.
    Show us your cars - Page 2 Lynn_SC_s10
    It looked like a chevy? Just kidding dude. It's cool that you do the truck stuff. You can go where many of our cars won't go ever.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 27.04.09 18:10

It is, but thats the tire size and lift kit height, I just cant find it on a Ford online. But yeah that thing could go anywhere.
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 28.04.09 12:34

my only problem with building an offroad truck is once you have put all that time and money into it, it would just be stupid to actually use it as it is intended. Unless you are made of money. I have seen grown men crouched in the mud, almost in tears because they broke an axle, transfer case, suspension mount, ect....

that is why i would rather just go fast.
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 28.04.09 15:00

Speed kills and mud washes off can't remember the last time someone had a high speed crash rock crawling. tongue
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 28.04.09 16:39

Alpine wrote:Speed kills and mud washes off can't remember the last time someone had a high speed crash rock crawling. tongue

Rock Crawling is insaine! fun to watch tho. I was refering to the "trailer queen" type truck that was pictured. The type of truck that has spent more time in a paint booth getting the undercarage detailed than in the mudd. Rock crawlers are a completly differnt type of animal all together. Speed definantly kills but i have never had my car roll over on it hood/roof in SLO MO! If you are serious about making a truck that will be able to spend some time in some real mudd, go get a early 90's jeep. Its almost as if they planned them to be offroaders lol!

All i was saying is that if you want to build something to show off in a parking lot it aught to at least be fast.
    My brother just bought a new f350 superduty turbo diesel with a massive lift and huge tires. Bottom of the truck is almost 4ft off the ground and it will never see the mudd, spent twice as much for it as i did on my car (Minus mod's) and he can barely keep up with my "almost" stock 4banger.
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 05.08.09 17:55

Here's mine 05 Mazda Tribute
    Show us your cars - Page 2 DSC07428
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 06.08.09 4:27

Looks clean man, nice car to have to get you around!!
    firby911
    firby911

Post  firby911 20.09.09 16:23

Some new pics of my car

Show us your cars - Page 2 Integraphotoshoot9-20004-1
    Show us your cars - Page 2 Integraphotoshoot9-20007
    Show us your cars - Page 2 Integraphotoshoot9-20012-1
    Show us your cars - Page 2 Integraphotoshoot9-20014
    Show us your cars - Page 2 Integraphotoshoot9-20022
    Show us your cars - Page 2 Integraphotoshoot9-20023
    Show us your cars - Page 2 Integraphotoshoot9-20035
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 20.09.09 16:28

Looks clean Corbin, got any plans for it?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 17.05.24 5:26