Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

4 posters

Accuracy issues on A&K SR 25 Solved!

NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Accuracy issues on A&K SR 25 Solved! Empty Accuracy issues on A&K SR 25 Solved!

Post  NJSC 30.04.09 18:54

This is just a heads up for those of you who have or want to own an A&K SR 25. I have only had mine for a month or so and have noticed that after about 100 ft or so the bb's are curving way to the left. I thought that the problem was in the hopup, but alas its not. Apparently when A&K paints the tips of barrels orange they do so only after putting the inner barrel in the gun. I guess they also do such a good job that they actually want the inner barrel tip to be orange as well so they shoot paint down the muzzle, thus building up some paint on the tip of the inner barrel making a little nub therefore giving my bbs spin to the left. Now this may have only effected my gun, but I doubt it. You may be asking yourself, "What did you do, NJSC? The title says solved." Well I'll tell you what I did. I took the body pin out slid off the upper reciever and removed the hopup and barrel assembly. Then I went to the wife's bathroom drawer and got her nail polish remover and put a small amount on a cleaning rag. Then swab the TIP. DO NOT PUT ACETONE OR FINGERNAIL POLISH REMOVER ANYWHERE NEAR THE HOPUP! Just the tip is fine. It comes off very easy. Then finish up with a good cleaning of the barrel. Ta Da! Gun shoots straight.
    ontargetairsoft
    ontargetairsoft

Accuracy issues on A&K SR 25 Solved! Empty Re: Accuracy issues on A&K SR 25 Solved!

Post  ontargetairsoft 09.07.09 18:25

Good to note, although I've not had a customer report curving BBs. Maybe it was just the batch yours came out of. Seeing most Chinese factories pay their workers by the peice, they must not have been paying one guy enough...hahahaa.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Accuracy issues on A&K SR 25 Solved! Empty Re: Accuracy issues on A&K SR 25 Solved!

Post  Admin 10.07.09 9:41

ontargetairsoft wrote:Good to note, although I've not had a customer report curving BBs. Maybe it was just the batch yours came out of. Seeing most Chinese factories pay their workers by the peice, they must not have been paying one guy enough...hahahaa.
    Haha yeah. That explains why clones come with loose screws 90% of the time. Don't have enough time to tighten them I guess.
    ontargetairsoft
    ontargetairsoft

Post  ontargetairsoft 10.07.09 11:41

I'll have to say that most of the clones (A&K, Dboys, Jing Gong, AGM, Double Eagle, & CYMA) are getting much better at Quality Control. I typically have 1 in 50 fail our own QC checks, on average.

The best part of the clones are the Chine-English Directions!!! That's entertianment!!
    (Disclaimer: I'll admit their english is better than my chinese).
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 10.07.09 14:40

Yea polish remover is pretty much the same as acrylic paint remover.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 10.07.09 18:06

ontargetairsoft wrote:I'll have to say that most of the clones (A&K, Dboys, Jing Gong, AGM, Double Eagle, & CYMA) are getting much better at Quality Control. I typically have 1 in 50 fail our own QC checks, on average.

The best part of the clones are the Chine-English Directions!!! That's entertianment!!
    (Disclaimer: I'll admit their english is better than my chinese).
    Oh, the quality is definately getting a lot better. I just baught an AGM GBB M4 for $178, and the thing is great. A few potential weak point on the inside, of course, but the quality is there. As for the Engrish, the Army AK-47 box is the best.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 10.05.24 11:22