Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+4
HavenUnitOctopus
superchrisguy
S.M.A.
vorter
8 posters

My new G4 has an accuracy problem.

vorter
    vorter

My new G4 has an accuracy problem. Empty My new G4 has an accuracy problem.

Post  vorter 29.06.11 13:44

I actually have a few little problems, but this one MAJOR problem is what bothers me.
    It shoots low.
    It's VERY consistent though, it hits a single spot consistently about 3" lower than where im aiming from 15ft away.
    Anyway to fix this? There's no way to adjust elevation on my sights because it's a flip up sight.

S.M.A.
    S.M.A.

My new G4 has an accuracy problem. Empty Re: My new G4 has an accuracy problem.

Post  S.M.A. 29.06.11 14:20

i dont, but at least you didnt that find out at blackhawk.
    vorter
    vorter

Post  vorter 29.06.11 14:23

S.M.A. wrote:i dont, but at least you didnt that find out at blackhawk.

We'll, id rather have gone to blackhawk even if I didn't know about the problem since then, cuz I could've just compensated.
    Aim high and what not.

Post  Guest 29.06.11 14:28

Try adjusting your hopup.
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 29.06.11 14:36

Aggressor wrote:Try adjusting your hopup.

Might be time to get a new bucking too, even if you don't need one it always helps to get a Madbull Blue bucking.
    vorter
    vorter

Post  vorter 29.06.11 14:48

Aggressor wrote:Try adjusting your hopup.

Turning the hop up all the way on makes it about 1.5" lower instead of 3-4", so that's better.
    Getting a better hopup/bucking may fix it. Is only a bucking needed? Or should I get an entirely new hopup unit?
    HavenUnitOctopus

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 29.06.11 15:12

Just the bucking.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 29.06.11 16:28

Give it a break in period too. And Mess around with the hop up more than just adjusting it all the way up, sometimes they get put in weird.

Also how far away are you aiming? You may not be giving the BB enough time to get the full backspin so it may not be rising as quick.
    vorter
    vorter

Post  vorter 29.06.11 19:06

Twitch wrote:Give it a break in period too. And Mess around with the hop up more than just adjusting it all the way up, sometimes they get put in weird.

Also how far away are you aiming? You may not be giving the BB enough time to get the full backspin so it may not be rising as quick.

I tried it outside and the hopup works well.

My other 2 problems I have now are:

1. My hopup is hard to adjust, takes a lot of force to spin the wheel. I've tried loosening the screw.

2. The mag release is hard to push and feels like it's grinding.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 29.06.11 21:53

Yeah, if you're 15 feet away, the BB doesn't have time to rise. So... don't do accuracy test from 15 feet. And you're hardly ever going to engage someone from five yards anyway, and if you do, you most likely won't be aiming down the sights and getting sight alignment and sight picture and whatnot, so I wouldn't worry about it.

You're going to have elevation differences in your BB's with an airsoft gun at close range. Heck, it happens with real-steel, I know if I get a BZO at 36/300 yards, and I engage at 25 yards, I'm going to have to hold my sights a little high. In airsoft, that effect is magnified because the round travels a lot slower and you have hopup.

Also, can you adjust the front sight post? Even if you have BUIS's you should still be able to adjust the front sight for elevation. Remember on the front sight, down moves the point of impact up, and vice-versa. But IMO, you shouldn't be getting a zero at 15 feet, push it back to about 60-70 feet.
    HavenUnitOctopus

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 29.06.11 21:56

The hard hop up adjustment is normal for G&Gs. Now for the magwell release spring maybe out of place or its just a new gun and u just have to work it in
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 29.06.11 22:08

you want a stiff adjutment wheel. if you loosen the screw, the vibration will loosen it up till it falls off. the tightness helps keep the adjustment from moving while shooting.

when adjusting the hopup, try to get the bb to shoot in a straight path with minimum arc. it should eventually drop around 130-150 feet.

iron sights on airsoft guns are not mil-spec. i don't bother with it. just look at the bb path or shoot full auto.
    vorter
    vorter

Post  vorter 29.06.11 22:15

Yeah, I tried it outside and it's pretty accurate with adjusted hopup.

I guess i'd rather have a stable hopup rather than an easy to adjust one.

And the mag release probably does need some break in.

I'll try it out at a game soon and report on any in-action issues.
    Hopefully it'll perform great, to G&G standards. Smile

BTW, anyone know how to prevent wire pinching in the crane stock?
    Im using nunchucks.
    surefire pigeon
    surefire pigeon

Post  surefire pigeon 22.07.11 18:08

Have you tried adjusting the sights?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 5:34