Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

5 posters

Accuracy,and Range setup

WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Accuracy,and Range setup Empty Accuracy,and Range setup

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 18.03.09 19:48

The title says it. I want to make my M4 RIS have an accurasy and range setup. I need to know what upgrades to buy in order to do this.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Accuracy,and Range setup Empty Re: Accuracy,and Range setup

Post  Lone Wolf 18.03.09 20:10

Actually there are some free mods you can do yourself to gain some accuracy. (Remember, range means absolutely nothing with accuracy).

First off, polishing your 6.08 Barrel. It is theorized that polishing a stock bore barrel will give you more accuracy than a 6.01. I actually somewhat agree with it. A unpolished barrel may have small imperfections and build up along its interior. Polishing will get rid alot of these imperfections. Also several metals, like the brass one used in the JG G36C, have a finger printing effect causing friction. This is discussed a lot in relation to paintball. But polishing will also decrease any form of friction. I read earlier on the forms that bb's could ride on one side moreso than another. This is not really possible. Here is why, a 'perfect' bb will disperse the air round its entire shape evenly. This should create near perfect spacing between bb and the bore of your inner barrel. Imperfections in the bore, and aerodynamic friction will cause imperfection in the trajectory of the bb...badly affects accuracy.

Maintaining a better seal of the air that flows from the piston to the nozzle to the hop up will positively affect your range. Apply teflon tape where needed. But keep it neat. I recommend bugging someone else here more knowledgeable or GOOGLE it. (and yes I did have to all-cap google)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 18.03.09 21:24

Madbull, Prometheus, or PDI (depending on budget) barrel, Firefly bucking+firefly buffer rubber, Prometheus hopup w/ neo strike chamber, and BIOVAL .27g BBBMAX BB's
    UBCS Gibbs
    UBCS Gibbs

Post  UBCS Gibbs 19.03.09 0:01

Lone Wolf wrote:Here is why, a 'perfect' bb will disperse the air round its entire shape evenly.

There are absolutely NO perfectly round objects in this world, and that is one of the reasons that I 100% disagree that a 6.08 is better then a 6.01.

Lone Wolf wrote:First off, polishing your 6.08 Barrel
    This will help, but not to the extent that you may be looking for. I suggest a 6.03, they seem to be the best right now.

Lone Wolf wrote:Maintaining a better seal of the air that flows from the piston to the nozzle to the hop up will positively affect your range. Apply teflon tape where needed. But keep it neat.
    This does work, but if you do it incorrectly, you can have problems with your bucking or the barrel trying to fit back into the hop-up unit.

I always suggest H-nubs. They are great. They have increased both accuracy and slight distance for me in all of my v2 style guns.
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 19.03.09 8:29

Lone Wolf wrote:
    polishing your 6.08 Barrel. It is theorized that polishing a stock bore barrel will give you more accuracy than a 6.01.

6.08 to 6.01 comaprison

Above is a link to the first time we discussed this on the forum. The "cushin of air" theory is a load of crap in every way. Their is absolutly no physical principle that would allow this to be true. And if anyone can find one I missed in the other thread, please let me know and I will be happy to tell you why that wont work either. lol!

First off, If I have learned anything about AEG's it is that every gun is different. A new m140 in one gun might give you 400fps and in another, seemingly identical gun you end up with 350fps. Building a good gun is all about researching and trial and error. That having been said:

Accuracy = I would suggest a tightbore slightly longer than the inner barrel in your gun, this CAN also increase your fps, this is why i have suppressors on both my aegs, to protect the barrel.

Range = New spring, which is going to lead to a new air seal/hop up, and eventually a new piston, piston head, spring guide, bushings/bearings, ect....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 12.05.24 10:47