Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
NJSC
Tinman
6 posters

Goofing off on a rainy Saturday and came up with this. . . .

Tinman
    Tinman

Goofing off on a rainy Saturday and came up with this. . . . Empty Goofing off on a rainy Saturday and came up with this. . . .

Post  Tinman 17.05.09 14:38

Just wanted to keep up my status as the gear geek that mods EVERYTHING so I decided to create a mesh lens for one of my paintball masks. Makes for a WAAAAAY better backup and may have potential for a cheap no-fog option . . . I had a TON of folks ask me about making the hockey masks but they take a long time . . . this is pretty painless.
    Goofing off on a rainy Saturday and came up with this. . . . Masklens

Sorry for the crappy pic . . .
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Goofing off on a rainy Saturday and came up with this. . . . Empty Re: Goofing off on a rainy Saturday and came up with this. . . .

Post  NJSC 17.05.09 14:56

What did you use for the lens?
    Tinman
    Tinman

Goofing off on a rainy Saturday and came up with this. . . . Empty Re: Goofing off on a rainy Saturday and came up with this. . . .

Post  Tinman 17.05.09 15:08

NJSC wrote:What did you use for the lens?

It is the same perforated stainless steel I use on the hockey masks
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 17.05.09 16:03

Looks good man. I need to get a good quality set of goggles, or make a set.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 17.05.09 16:10

Thanks . . . I am trying to re-establish my source for the perforated stainless . . .
    These are V-Force ProVantage goggles . . . a very inexpensive set and easy to modify.
    If you don't like the thought of getting shot in the face and want something that will not fog then mesh masks are THE answer!
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 17.05.09 17:24

Would consider making a mesh pair of Flakjaks?

Post  |337 17.05.09 17:32

Or just a mesh insert designed to fit in them
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 17.05.09 17:46

XXX wrote:Would consider making a mesh pair of Flakjaks?

Will give it a whirl if I can get confirmation on supply of perforated stainless . . . the good stuff is pretty hard to come by unless you buy HUGE quantities . . .

You may also wanna check HERE

The steel I use is quite a bit heavier and will NOT deflect though you can get BB shards on close up shots.
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 17.05.09 17:59

Yep, I understand that scenario, I wouldn't use em for CQB just for woodland. I bet you could quit your job and just make these custom lenses. PM me what you think you would charge if you built a lens.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 17.05.09 18:19

XXX wrote:I bet you could quit your job and just make these custom lenses.

Nice thought but unfortunately unlikely . . .
    I will try to play around with it within the next week or so and let you know if I have material and it is feasible . . . wish I could do the hockey masks with it too but would have too much labor . . .
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 17.05.09 18:43

Actually ehobby made a hockey mask. Here is the link. http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=EA+Tactical+Full+Face+Killer+Plastic+Mask+&x=31&y=8

Thats what you meant by hockey mask right?
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 17.05.09 18:54

XXX wrote:Actually ehobby made a hockey mask. Here is the link. http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=EA+Tactical+Full+Face+Killer+Plastic+Mask+&x=31&y=8

Thats what you meant by hockey mask right?

he meant the ones he custom made... like this oneGoofing off on a rainy Saturday and came up with this. . . . N1389413760_275314_5959219
    and the one in my uusername pic
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 17.05.09 19:01

and these . . .

Goofing off on a rainy Saturday and came up with this. . . . Masks
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 17.05.09 19:15

Thanks for the confirmation those arent anywhere close to the awfulness of of ehobby.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 17.05.09 19:26

XXX wrote:Thanks for the confirmation those arent anywhere close to the awfulness of of ehobby.

thanks . . . I guess . . . Smile
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 17.05.09 19:32

Those are pretty gnarly dude I have to admit.

Edit: I'd like to see a black spiderman one.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 17.05.09 19:52

Can you get a good cheek weld with those hockey masks? I know that even getting close enough to your stock to aim down the iron sights with a regular paintball mask is near impossible, but those look like they sit a lot closer to your face than the standard paintball mask.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 17.05.09 19:56

Admin wrote:Can you get a good cheek weld with those hockey masks? I know that even getting close enough to your stock to aim down the iron sights with a regular paintball mask is near impossible, but those look like they sit a lot closer to your face than the standard paintball mask.

I have not had any real problems though I do run a scope riser on my SPR Mod 0

I can see through the sights on my LR 300 easily and the new mask should be about the same since it is flexible rubber face shield.
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 17.05.09 20:25

No, I think your masks are awesome.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 10:58