Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
Quex
Airsoftguy238
6 posters

Cyma SOC16

Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Cyma SOC16 Empty Cyma SOC16

Post  Airsoftguy238 19.05.09 16:32

Anyone have on of these, Admin I know you have a SOC16 but I dont know who makes it
    Quex
    Quex

Cyma SOC16 Empty Re: Cyma SOC16

Post  Quex 19.05.09 16:40

My friend got one a while back. He seems to like it, but I don't know if he would recommend it. The only problem I know of is that some M14 mags work and some don't. He got an extra one when he order the gun, and it wouldn't even fit into the magwell.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 19.05.09 17:30

I had one for a while. And I loved it. Its fairly accurate stock, due to the slower FPS, but still very accurate. I put an aimpoint on it and made it a mini-beast. I would recommend one any day.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 19.05.09 17:39

I think Admin has a TM socom16. I was talking to him about the cyma model a while back and he said it was a decent rifle.
    He also recommended upgraded spring,piston,and nub.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 19.05.09 18:11

^G&G and CA mags won't fit, because the G&G/CA design is different than the TM/CYMA/AGM/G&P design. I've got a CYMA highcap, a TM highcap, and a TM lowcap. The TM mags feel nicer and every once in a while the CYMA mag won't feed, but it generally gets the job done. The CYMA mag is also a little longer than the TM ones, but IDK if it's got a higher capacity.

I've got an upgraded Marui SOC16, but I've held/fired a CYMA SOC16. A guy I play with sometimes has a CYMA one.

Basically, here's some general things about the overall design (the CYMA is a TM clone of course):

Pros:
    1) The gun/gearbox is extremely quiet. More so on the TM, but still holds true on the CYMA. I'd recommend a reshim though if you want it to be silent. Heck, I'd recommend a reshim anyway on the CYMA.

2) The gearbox design is quite possibly the strongest one out there. The only way I'd ever see the gearbox cracking would be if you put an M250 in it and dropped it in a vat of liquid nitrogen.

3) The hopup design is definitely the best out there. The accuracy/range on the CYMA isn't as good as the TM, but it's still probably the best accuracy I've seen in the price range. The hopup is probably the easiest to fine tune out of any gun I've ever seen or even heard of. I'd even go as far to say that the adjustability on the hopup is a little overkill, which is definitely a good thing.

4) Takes a large battery.

5) I like the iron sights. Very adjustable.

6) The gearbox itself is very easy to work on. Taking the gearbox out of the gun, however, is quite tedious.

7) Not a whole lot of maintenance at all. No body screws that need to be tightened (in fact, there's no body screws period), the motor has a really neat motor cage so the motor height doesn't need to be adjusted except for once every blue moon, and there's not a whole lot of external stuff to break off. Just the stock, the sights, bolt/catch, selector switch, safety, trigger and barrel.

8 ) It's got a working bolt catch, so if you pull the bolt back and hit the catch, the bolt stays back until you hit the catch again. Not really a performance thing, it's just for show, but it's cool, and fun to play with. I know on the TM you have to do a 2-minute modification to enable to bolt catch, but I don't know if you have to do the mod on the CYMA or if it just comes enabled.

Cons:
    1) The gears are not standard gears, though Gaurder makes what seems to be a really good set of M14 gears that retail for like $40 (I think).

2) The breakdown of the gun is time-consuming. Not necessarily hard if you do it right, but there's a lot of screws and pins and such compared to other guns. It's not that much of a problem for me, but if you're the kind of person who likes to try different gearsets, different springs, and different motors just for the heck of it, just be aware of this. But if you're like most people and only crack open the gearbox every once in a while to fix or upgrade the gun, you'll be fine.

3) Some people say it's unergonomic. While this is true for the M14, the SOC16 isn't as unergonomic. Now, you're not going to be able to whip this thing around like an M4 with a VFG or an MP5, but it's good enough for me. If you want, I can show you how to tap the stock and add a rail in the front on the bottom for a foregrip of a bipod.

4) Mags are harder to fit in pouches than STANAG mags. I personally have to use magpuls in order to put my mags in STANAG pouches as a STANAG 30-round mag is a good deal longer than a 20-round 7.62 mag, but the general rule is 2 M14 mags for every 3 M4 mags in a pouch just due to the fact that it's a wider mag. Or your friend could get 7.62 pouches if he wants to use a MOLLE vest or M1956 pouches for ALICE.

The following is just stuff I noticed while firing the CYMA and playing with the guy who has one.

1) Accuracy is very good for a stock clone. Through in a good hopup bucking and maybe a tightbore, and you've got some really nice range.

2) Rate of fire with an 8.4v isn't awesome. Could be the shim job, could be the battery that the gun comes with (I think he was using the stock battery), or it could be the motor. But the RoF is definitely good enough to get the job done.

3) External quality is (of course) lower than the TM. Both guns are, however, full metal, have textured stocks, and won't seem like they'd break anytime soon.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 20.05.09 5:25

Great feedback Admin! For the average young person it is a big gun . . . since you are a little more on the LURCH-sized affraid range of airsoft players it looks small in your hands. lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 20.05.24 8:59