Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+3
#CW!!ZERO
NJSC
Maverick
7 posters

Barrel Diameter Comparison

Maverick
    Maverick

Barrel Diameter Comparison - Page 2 Empty Re: Barrel Diameter Comparison

Post  Maverick 09.06.09 17:31

didnt think about the hop up and the spin that imparts. To protect that spin and the effect it has you would have to have some air surrounding the bb.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 09.06.09 17:36

Plus the turbulence that would create on the "cushion of air" that the people are claiming is better in a 6.09. Look at the true snipers in airsoft. Look at right hook fabrication and the accuracy they get. Then ask them what inner diameter they use.
    Zero
    Zero

Post  Zero 09.06.09 17:50

I never said the bb would completely stop bouncing however with enough time inside the barrel a bb would stabilize. Boundary layers are used all over the place to stabilize aircraft so I know they can stabilize a bb. As far as barrel/bb contact you don't want the bb to come in contact with the barrel due to the added friction added to the bb which would both cause sporadic lift on the bb (decreasing range) and large losses in energy.

I have proven (to myself and the rest of the guys I game with) with my own testing that a tbb can increase accuracy and range but only to an extent. From my testing a barrel diameter less than 6.03 mm is a waste of money. Polishing a barrel with silicone oil every so often is suppose to be part of regular gun maintenance because it improves performance by removing debris and improving the boundary layer profiles in the barrel. There are plenty of dissenting opinions on the subject in many airsoft forums on the web but no one can back up there arguments with logic (physics not just blurting out results of some obscure test they did in there back yard) or explanation.

Edit: Yes the shape has a tremendous effect on the projectile, a bb is one of the worst objects to try and propel.
    Maverick
    Maverick

Post  Maverick 09.06.09 18:04

what barrel diameter does right hook fabrication use. I would bet that they have done the testing and have the actual numerical data to the debate here. While we may not be able to see that data we could certainly use the same barrel diameters as them and be fairly confident that when polished it is the most accurate barrel you could get in an airsoft gun today. They now use edgi only and the largest barrel they make is 6.03 making me believe that RHF believes in tightbores.
    Maverick
    Maverick

Post  Maverick 11.06.09 12:16

Id very interested to hear your reasoning behind tight bores being a waste of money Rhino.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 11.06.09 12:20

Maverick wrote:what barrel diameter does right hook fabrication use. I would bet that they have done the testing and have the actual numerical data to the debate here. While we may not be able to see that data we could certainly use the same barrel diameters as them and be fairly confident that when polished it is the most accurate barrel you could get in an airsoft gun today. They now use edgi only and the largest barrel they make is 6.03 making me believe that RHF believes in tightbores.
    Absolutely, and Edgi's inner barrels look like a mirror on the inside.
    Maverick
    Maverick

Post  Maverick 25.06.09 18:22

RHF was using 6.01mm barrels when the barrels were DBC custom according to several online retailers. I can only assume that they maintained the same barrel diameter when they switched to EDGI. That being said it seems that RHF feels 6.01mm EDGI barrels are the best barrels on the market.

I am still curious as to why you dislike tightbores Rhino. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.05.24 13:00