Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

5 posters

All things soccer: please keep to discussion rather than trash talking

BigD

All things soccer: please keep to discussion rather than trash talking Empty All things soccer: please keep to discussion rather than trash talking

Post  BigD 22.07.09 22:12

Ok. I know of few of you guys are soccer fans so I started this thread.

Anyway, I have been a Manchester United fan since birth, so I am pretty sad to see C. Ronaldo leave, although he chokes like no other player I've ever seen. Your thoughts?

Also include stories about the A.C. Milan-Club America game.
    Twitch
    Twitch

All things soccer: please keep to discussion rather than trash talking Empty Re: All things soccer: please keep to discussion rather than trash talking

Post  Twitch 22.07.09 22:19

I'm a huge Arsenal fan. No, I dont think Arsenal is god though. They might be one of the most incosistent teams I have ever seen. But you gotta admit, when they are on form they are easily one of the best teams in the world. I know they beat Man U once last season.

Anyways, Favorite player has to be Cesc Fabregas. The man is a brilliant playes. He always makes the extra pass, and his touch is amazing. The man has class too. One of the more classy player in the EPL I would say.
    BigD

All things soccer: please keep to discussion rather than trash talking Empty Re: All things soccer: please keep to discussion rather than trash talking

Post  BigD 22.07.09 22:27

Twitch wrote:I'm a huge Arsenal fan. No, I dont think Arsenal is god though. They might be one of the most incosistent teams I have ever seen. But you gotta admit, when they are on form they are easily one of the best teams in the world. I know they beat Man U once last season.

Anyways, Favorite player has to be Cesc Fabregas. The man is a brilliant playes. He always makes the extra pass, and his touch is amazing. The man has class too. One of the more classy player in the EPL I would say.

They are indeed inconsistent, which is disappointing because seeing a team die at points is sad. Cesc is an incredible player and he is very, very classy. My favorite would have to be Ruud van Nistelrooy. Incredible player, one of the best forwards I have ever seen and so, so clutch.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 22.07.09 22:45

BigD wrote:
    They are indeed inconsistent, which is disappointing because seeing a team die at points is sad. Cesc is an incredible player and he is very, very classy. My favorite would have to be Ruud van Nistelrooy. Incredible player, one of the best forwards I have ever seen and so, so clutch.

He really is. I have never seen any website or annoucer say anything bad about Cesc, and I have never seen him lose his temper or anyhthing. Hashe even ever gotten a Red card?

And Nistelrooy is so freaking clutch it is ridiculous. Honestly some of the stuff he can pull off blows my mind.
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 22.07.09 22:47

Twitch wrote:
    BigD wrote:

He really is. I have never seen any website or annoucer say anything bad about Cesc, and I have never seen him lose his temper or anyhthing. Hashe even ever gotten a Red card?

And Nistelrooy is so freaking clutch it is ridiculous. Honestly some of the stuff he can pull off blows my mind.

I know right!
    BigD

Post  BigD 22.07.09 22:49

I don't think that Fabergas has gotten a red, at least not in the Premier League.

Oh this is an excellent goal btw. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl0LHM-33Io
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 22.07.09 23:34

What do you have against Ronaldo... besides the mullet?
    BigD

Post  BigD 22.07.09 23:39

I just think he folds under pressure. he plays really well in the Premier League and early Champions league, but in the world cup and the Champions League final he just disappears. don't get me wrong i am awfully sad to see him go, it's just that his inability to preform in big situations has caused me great disappointment.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 23.07.09 16:21

well things happen. He's kinda like Chipper Jones. Great player but kind of a baby. I just love the way he glides across the pitch like it's ice. But I am a GK so I have to go with Van der Sar as my favorite.
    BigD

Post  BigD 23.07.09 21:08

Bulldog94 wrote:GO INTER MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOO AC MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic is for discussion, not petty, this-club-is-better-than-that-one talk. please refrain from this in the future.

Edwin van der Saar is a great keeper. I feel like sometimes he is left out to dry by the lack of defense on the Dutch national team, but there is no denying he is one of the worlds best keepers.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 23.07.09 22:07

Van Der Sar is amaing. He is another clutch player. He always makes some incredible saves.

Another Good Goalie is Fabianski. He is young and doesnt get much playing time, but he has really quick reflexes and gets to a lot of balls tht most people dont.

That being said, he also lacks anticipation sometimes, and he is also inconsistent in his play.
    BigD

Post  BigD 23.07.09 22:15

Yeah Arsenal has alot of young, promising talent. It will be interesting to see if they can translate that talent into EPL success. By far, in my opinion, the best young player they have is Andrei Arshavin.The game against Liverpool where he scored 4 goals was the most amazing individual performance I have seen in a long, LONG time.
    BigD

Post  BigD 12.06.10 20:25

Sorry for the necropost, but its easier than starting a new thread (so shoot me). Anyways, your thoughts on the first 2 days of the World Cup?
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 12.06.10 21:07

No taxation without representation!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 16:13