Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+10
Rhino
sniper2525
Electioneer
{PWNY} RED
{PWNY}Dragon
Retherford
Zero
Tinman
WPeake23 [SOTHG]
ATLAS
14 posters

No SAAL for ATLAS IN '10

Tinman
    Tinman

No SAAL for ATLAS IN '10 - Page 2 Empty Re: No SAAL for ATLAS IN '10

Post  Tinman 10.08.09 18:33

Rhino wrote:I can speak on that......
    Ahhhh . . . so then I guess there WAS an accusation implied in Trent's statement . . . and here I thought he was just generalizing! Wink

Like I said earlier . . . this is about Atlas choosing not to play SAAL in the future . . . I concur and think his intention was an interrogative post rather than an accusatory one . . . we each have to weigh whether SAAL is a good fit for how we like to play airsoft . . . nothing more, nothing less.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 10.08.09 18:40

read it what ever way u like... i have had many ppl not just this past weekend say o it was a gun hit. im just saying what i saw.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 10.08.09 18:49

No more accusations, whether covert or overt. If you have a problem with someone, take it to the PM's.

I think that SAAL has been a lot like Communism. Does it look good on paper? Definately. But it requires everyone to make the best choice with little accountability and be willing to deal with it if someone's having an easy ride (read: winning more games) when they might not deserve it. However, unlike Communism, you can get up and go whenever you want. But the only way it will EVER work is if you don't care about the money (read: winning). And while everyone likes to say that they are only in it to have fun and don't care about winning, when you're put in a league situation, your instinct is to want to win.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 10.08.09 18:53

Yeah I'm a veteran airsoft player If I can say 4 years of airsoft counts.. anyway I have run in to the same problem. I have sat in a bunker and shot the person on the other side of the field and that indiviual didnt call their hits.. Now Sometimes the refs arent in on it and that really bugs me. I say that any player not calling their hit have a hit on their head in the game... and I'm not joking. I have now started positioning My team along with myself to counter indiviuals who carelessly don't call their hit. This way that indiviual will be hit by not just one of my team but [u]ALL of my team. This way the ref is surely to see they fail to call their hit. Now I do relize that airsoft players may not see or hear a bullet hit them but any who witness it on their team should tell them they are hit. Come on guys we need to play fairly... And on a last note when I signed up last game at RPG I saw a list of airsoft players including mine and that may suggest that the card deal might happen.. just a predition.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 10.08.09 19:17

Retherford wrote:
    {PWNY}Dragon wrote:In our SAAL game, I watched someone (not sure who) take a 204 round m203 blast to their chest and head from 20ft away. He dropped behind a bunker and started blind-firing. Ever since I started back in February, i've played an honest game and had no complaints against me that I know of.

Like ATLAS said, There are good players, but none are immortal.

If your talking about Dagger Unit this past weekend, Im sorry but I dont believe that at all...it probably happened the other way around.

I wasn't there but this doesn't sound right to me.

kinda off topic but I was sitting with DAS at their tent and all I heard was Dagger talking about Jessica Alba lol..
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 10.08.09 19:29

I dont doubt that at all.
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 10.08.09 19:52

Retherford wrote:Im sorry this got off topic, but let me ask you something guys. If your team, say Cereal Killers, was accused on the forum for not calling hits and cheating in SAAL. Would you let it go without defending your guys. I mean you guys might but I wont.

In person, I would confront the validity of the accusation and reach a resolution. On a forum, any forum, I would and do dismiss it.

Tinman is right that my intent was not to start a finger pointing thread mearly to inform that i am no longer interested in participating and to allow those that caused me to reach this conclusion to know that it was there actions that motivated me to it. I do hope they are proud if themselves.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 10.08.09 19:55

Off topic I know but that pic in your sig of you behind Russ kills me everytime I see it! lol! lol!
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 10.08.09 20:00

Rhino wrote:the not calling of hits didnt make or break the end result!

I can't, and refuse to, believe that you belive that! a player not calling their hits by its very nature alters the outcome of a game. a player who gets shot, ignores it, and then makes a sucsessful run for the objective has completly negated the results of the game. that is why i consider not calling hits to be such an unforgivable infraction. It ruins any chance of a fair game, believable outcomes, or the posibility to enjoy any of it.
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 10.08.09 20:03

Tinman wrote:Off topic I know but that pic in your sig of you behind Russ kills me everytime I see it! lol! lol!

Yeah it really does, especially the eyes. They look so scared lol!
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 10.08.09 20:04

Admin wrote:I think that SAAL has been a lot like Communism. Does it look good on paper? Definately. But it requires everyone to make the best choice with little accountability and be willing to deal with it if someone's having an easy ride (read: winning more games) when they might not deserve it. However, unlike Communism, you can get up and go whenever you want. But the only way it will EVER work is if you don't care about the money (read: winning). And while everyone likes to say that they are only in it to have fun and don't care about winning, when you're put in a league situation, your instinct is to want to win.

Admin, you ability to reduce things to their basic points and relate them intelligently has not yet failed to impress me. too funny!
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 10.08.09 20:06

WPeake23 [SOTHG] wrote:
    Tinman wrote:Off topic I know but that pic in your sig of you behind Russ kills me everytime I see it! lol! lol!

Yeah it really does, especially the eyes. They look so scared lol!

Yeah, I LOVE that picture! taken completly out of contects it is the best airsoft picture of me i have seen so far.
    {PWNY} RED
    {PWNY} RED

Post  {PWNY} RED 10.08.09 20:07

i personally belive each problem should be worked out with the person, and not gossiped about or complaining,
    and thanks for talkin about that issue with me at vinyard tinman, i like to see both sides of the story, and it helps resolve any problem
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]

Post  Markerscope1 [SOTHG] 10.08.09 20:07

gun cam confirms my kills.
    Zero
    Zero

Post  Zero 10.08.09 20:08

Markerscope1 [SOTHG] wrote:gun cam confirms my kills.
    And it also confirms you paint your nails. lol!
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 10.08.09 20:12

ATLAS wrote:Yeah, I LOVE that picture! taken completly out of contects it is the best airsoft picture of me i have seen so far.

CONTEXT my fourth grade friend . . . CONTEXT!
    Call THAT hit!! lol! lol!
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 10.08.09 20:14

{PWNY} RED wrote:thanks for talkin about that issue with me at vinyard tinman, i like to see both sides of the story, and it helps resolve any problem
    Thanks man . . . SOOOOO agreed! PWNY is rockin the SAAL . . . you guys keep it up! cheers
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]

Post  Markerscope1 [SOTHG] 10.08.09 20:15

Zero wrote:
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG] wrote:gun cam confirms my kills.
    And it also confirms you paint your nails. lol!

lol. maybe i just smashed it with a hammer or something...
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 10.08.09 20:26

sniper2525 wrote:spr mod 0 wit a m140 spring and a drum mag shooting auto hmmm no auto over 420 fps its in the rules so please dont complain about our players guns shooting hot!!!!
    Won't comment on anything other than the fact that I built that gun and it is used in EVERY game whether SAAL or not and shoots SEMI . . . it Chrono's at about 460 with .2 making it legal SEMI-auto. For the record, we shoot .28 out of it and it chrono's consistently at 387fps . . . it is a semi-auto sniper that has been looked at by airdog staff and never used otherwise. A box mag ONLY makes it easier to carry ammo and keep the .28 rounds seperate from our BB bucket.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 10.08.09 20:29

dang thats a fast semi
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 10.08.09 20:32

OK, enough said yall lets just let those who dont call there hits know what actions have been taken and end it on this note.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 10.08.09 20:35

This is starting to get heated. If this continues I may end up closing or deleting the thread. Guys you all need to chill out, no matter what anyone does there will ALWAYS be cheaters. I believe half of this is rediculous, unfortuently due to the fact there is no hard evidence, confirming people not calling hits. But thats airsoft guys, its an honor sport, just keep in mind that there are always un-honorable people.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 10.08.09 20:39

sniper2525 wrote:dang thats a fast semi
    You are right . . . I have let numerous people try it and it will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger and get the grip so hot you can barely hold the grip . . . It has been around the games without any modifications since the spring . . . well Rhino did sell me a new piston and I changed that out around May I guess. Plenty of stock guns shoot nearly that hard out of the box . . .
    (btw, loosened selector screw prevents pushing the gun to full auto . . . other ways to restrict it but that was the simplest fix for me.)
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 10.08.09 20:43

reconsniperga wrote:This is starting to get heated. If this continues I may end up closing or deleting the thread. Guys you all need to chill out, no matter what anyone does there will ALWAYS be cheaters. I believe half of this is rediculous, unfortuently due to the fact there is no hard evidence, confirming people not calling hits. But thats airsoft guys, its an honor sport, just keep in mind that there are always un-honorable people.

Amen! Yeah Video Would prove something if anyone could ever capture it... Enough said by me... Lets keep this thread at a low tempered level guys..
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 10.08.09 20:52

Thread locked for cleaning.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 08.05.24 5:29