Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+15
Phoenix
Chief
Tinman
B Boy
ATLAS
Electioneer
Zartan72
Takfire
frog
#CW!!ZERO
Zero
Crazy Twitch
scooter
XXX
19 posters

OP:TACFORCE!

XXX
    XXX

OP:TACFORCE! Empty OP:TACFORCE!

Post  XXX 24.01.09 21:18

I loved this game! This was 100 times better then Prometheus and I only played for 4 hours! All together I got 30 kills. The people who did not call there hits this time did not bother me that much cause I knew some people were not going to play honestly.

My favorite match out of the entire game was the last one played. We had our team well organized and red team did not! I took a group of about 10 players (mostly CLPC) and flanked the other team because no one was watching their back. One of our players recorded 19 kills on that one.

My personal record for this game was 13-15 kills in one match.
    I also one upped considering I got Ted out again...
    lol!

I am not sure about the whole Red dominating thing because I don't remember all to many games you guys won... but again I was only there for the last 4 hours.

PS:Sorry to the guy I lit up on the last match... I could not tell if you were not calling your hits or even if my gun was shooting that far. BTW way I emptied all my bbs that were in the chamber on you. I'm guessing 60 of them hit you. Sorry.
    scooter
    scooter

OP:TACFORCE! Empty Re: OP:TACFORCE!

Post  scooter 24.01.09 21:23

hahah dude.. today was great! and red team may have not been organized... BUT WE DOMINATED... controlled chaos i guesss......and im sorry for anyone not calling hits. Your CLPC team did a great job on honesty. There was a group blues not calling hits... everyone got irritated and there were cheaters on both teams.... i really dont get why ppl take it so seriosly that hey wont call hits... bu whatever.. GOOD GAME cheers
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 24.01.09 21:59

Thanks Zartan!

But yea the only problem i had was people not calling hits and those who were hit in an single life deathmatch game would just go back to their spawn and come back. Firby saw this the last game b/c he tolds us how only a little number or blues walked out. Firby was just chilling at the loading area. But I thought it was an AMAZING first game for the newly built structures. Like Firby said, maybe just a little more bunkers can be added to the field. And one more thing.If you go to surrender a person then that person should surrender b/c that person is nice enough to let the other player leave w/o getting lit up with welts all over. I did it and i had my gun on there head, pretty much point blank and they shot back. I just don't want to hurt anybody. If another work day is coming up, then were in. Keep giving us some great airsoft games airdog!

cheers cheers cheers
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 24.01.09 22:05

Crazy Twitch wrote:Thanks Zartan!

But yea the only problem i had was people not calling hits and those who were hit in an single life deathmatch game would just go back to their spawn and come back. Firby saw this the last game b/c he tolds us how only a little number or blues walked out. Firby was just chilling at the loading area. But I thought it was an AMAZING first game for the newly built structures. Like Firby said, maybe just a little more bunkers can be added to the field. And one more thing.If you go to surrender a person then that person should surrender b/c that person is nice enough to let the other player leave w/o getting lit up with welts all over. I did it and i had my gun on there head, pretty much point blank and they shot back. I just don't want to hurt anybody. If another work day is coming up, then were in. Keep giving us some great airsoft games airdog!

cheers cheers cheers
    yeah man i bunkered some guys and they didnt take their out... they turned on me and fired point blank with m4s and g's.... i got some welts... bleh.. but i quicly unloaded a pistol mag on thair heads! lol!
    Zero
    Zero

Post  Zero 24.01.09 22:10

Today was my first experience at Area 13 and all things considered it was great. So I just want to say to Tak, Zartan, Rhino and the rest of the Airdog Airsoft gang thanks for making it possible. It was a great environment and a field my friends and I definitely will attend in the future. Now on to a few suggestions.

1. As I spoke about before bathrooms nuff said.

2. On the back side of the field along the path coming from the base on the hill there is a huge rut/hole that I saw a couple people slip and faceplant on. It wouldn't take much dirt/gravel to fix it so its a little safer. I mean if you can imagine that poor kid faceplant and then nearly get trampled I'm sure you could understand.

3. Next time you tape on the armbands for each team, tape both arms. I know this will take a little more time and tape but you just cant tell what team a guy is on when he has his right shoulder facing you. This problem causes a lot of team killing and confusion and this would solve it.

Thats all I got for now.

Thanks Again Airdog!
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 24.01.09 23:45

scooter wrote:hahah dude.. today was great! and red team may have not been organized... BUT WE DOMINATED... controlled chaos i guesss......and im sorry for anyone not calling hits. Your CLPC team did a great job on honesty. There was a group blues not calling hits... everyone got irritated and there were cheaters on both teams.... i really dont get why ppl take it so seriosly that hey wont call hits... bu whatever.. GOOD GAME cheers

Thanks Dude CLPC most definitely wants to be known for there honesty. We would much rather be the team that plays honest then be the one that doesn't.

Post  |337 25.01.09 0:16

Zero wrote:
    3. Next time you tape on the armbands for each team, tape both arms. I know this will take a little more time and tape but you just cant tell what team a guy is on when he has his right shoulder facing you. This problem causes a lot of team killing and confusion and this would solve it.
    yeah i got lit up in the face by one of my teammates who didnt see my armbamd thing
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 25.01.09 15:20

There was a huge problem of people not calling their hits, I know that this will be a constant problem, but we need to get a call out system going as firby had said. Most people know how the call out system works if you have played at Georgetown, if you KNOW that you are hitting a player and he is not going out, you then call yourself out walk over to the player and tell him that you are calling him out, you then get his name and his side of the story. You are then both out and either go back to respawn or if single elimination, you are both out. After the game you need to go find an official and give him the name of the player, and if the player has multiple call outs against him then he should be surveyed and if caught again, he should get thrown out of the game and if next game it persists then he should be banned from the field. This is a very effective system if people use it properly. I think also that we should have a video camera trained on "people of instest" so then they can be caught on tape and they have no excuse. This really is the only way to get people that are not playing fair and ruining the game for everyone else off of the field so we can just have fun. Something needs to be started, because when there is a multitude of people at the field people cheat and think there are so many people here no one will remember that they were the person cheating.

Some more cover is needed for the south side base too i agree, but thanks very much Tak and Ted it was a very organized game and i very much liked the single elimination games, and im sure myself, firby, and twitch would be happy to get this call out system up and running with your guys help.
    frog
    frog

Post  frog 25.01.09 17:00

I found the only drawback to the south side was you can never get to the tower or even the parachute first. North base runs downhill. But with good teamwork, attacking from the South in some ways was easier to me. Plus, I do not find the tower to be that great of an advantage. It is a touch and kill tower, so all you have to do is cover a runner.

As for blue owning the last game, I would hope they did, cause at least half of the red team did not participate in the last game. I do know red won 4 of the games. Still, to me winning is secondary to coming out and having a good time. I think when people lose sight of this, they tend to lose sight of their honesty as well.
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 25.01.09 21:54

frog wrote:I do know red won 4 of the games. Still, to me winning is secondary to coming out and having a good time. I think when people lose sight of this, they tend to lose sight of their honesty as well.

Well said Frog!
    Having a good time is the whole idea behind our games.
    It would be a different thing if we were playing for $$ or in a tourney.
    frog
    frog

Post  frog 25.01.09 22:28

Airsoft is an honor sport. We come out, have a good time and go home. To make it more fun and realistic there are goals and objectives, and therefore there are winners. But lets face it. A month from now, no one will care or maybe even remember who won or lost on Saturday. So who actually won is of almost no importance. But whether or not you leave with honor, that is important. Because a month from now, you might not remember you won, but you will at least know you still have honor.

There was no honor in either team winning Saturday. Nothing hinged on the outcome. You did not get a prize for winning. We all went home alive. The real winners saturday, no matter for which team they played, were the ones that called their hits and played with integrity. Because today they still have it. They had a good time, and left with the knowledge that they can still look themselves in the mirror. Those who didn't call their shots may have some claim to have won, but they are at home tonight knowing the win was meaningless, and they have no honor. So do I care if people do not call their shots? It can be frustrating. But in the end, their curse is worse than losing. They have to live with themselves.

For me, I will take an airsoft "loss" with honor rather than a "win" with no honor. It is an honor sport.
    Zartan72
    Zartan72

Post  Zartan72 25.01.09 22:53

I could not have expressed it any better(as I post with a single tear running down my face)That is exactly right and in time players with no honor will expose themselves.If they respect that kind of reputation then all we can do is really scrutinize these players and make the proper corrective actions.I believe in time this issue will work itself out.Until then those with honor and integrity you have my deepest respect.
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 25.01.09 23:35

Zartan... thats way to funny. This is turning into the sappy topic you guys just need your own topic on airsoft honor...lol.
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 26.01.09 1:44

Great turnout Saturday!

The honest ones always get out first Sad
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 26.01.09 7:54

|337 wrote:
    Zero wrote:
    yeah i got lit up in the face by one of my teammates who didnt see my armbamd thing

That is kind of the point of only taping one arm. Make it a bit more interesting. They don't put on arm bands in real fire fights.

Post  |337 26.01.09 10:09

atlas wrote:
    |337 wrote:
    Zero wrote:

That is kind of the point of only taping one arm. Make it a bit more interesting. They don't put on arm bands in real fire fights.
    True but in real firefights most US soldiers have a gps thing on them so everyone knows where everyone is, not to mention the camo and loadouts are different
    B Boy
    B Boy

Post  B Boy 26.01.09 12:29

|337 wrote:
    atlas wrote:
    |337 wrote:
    Zero wrote:

True but in real firefights most US soldiers have a gps thing on them so everyone knows where everyone is, not to mention the camo and loadouts are different

Two arm bands might help defer it a little But communication between your own team helps out way more!!! Remember unless you are hiding there is nothing wrong with communicating with your team. It is a win win.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 26.01.09 13:47

B Boy wrote:Two arm bands might help defer it a little But communication between your own team helps out way more!!! Remember unless you are hiding there is nothing wrong with communicating with your team. It is a win win.
    Total agreement here! Seems the most common prob is that each member of the opposing teams still act like lone rangers much of the time . . . when someone on your team calls for help/support/cover/etc. it soooooo helps to jump in and provide it. Sure, sometimes they are making a bad call and you need to step in and override it but work together and the results are HUGE. That is very evident when you see the teams represented form squads . . . those are almost always the ones racking up the kills and walking out unscathed! Cool
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 26.01.09 15:05

Tinman wrote:
    B Boy wrote:Two arm bands might help defer it a little But communication between your own team helps out way more!!! Remember unless you are hiding there is nothing wrong with communicating with your team. It is a win win.
    Total agreement here! Seems the most common prob is that each member of the opposing teams still act like lone rangers much of the time . . . when someone on your team calls for help/support/cover/etc. it soooooo helps to jump in and provide it. Sure, sometimes they are making a bad call and you need to step in and override it but work together and the results are HUGE. That is very evident when you see the teams represented form squads . . . those are almost always the ones racking up the kills and walking out unscathed! Cool

I'm with you Tinman. I can only speak to what I saw on our team (blue) but we had a leadership vacuum the the majority of the games (I also except some of the blame for this because I didn't step up and "fill the vacuum" either) But it is very true that the more overall communication you have as a team, the better you generally do. I didn't play the last game but it sounds like there was a bit more communication and teamwork on that last game. Our Squad did well in the majority of the games but because we didn't communicate well with the other squads our "individual" results didn't make a big difference in the outcome of the game(s).

Besides, for me, being part of a team working together is way more fun than the Lone Ranger part. I don't care if I get 20-30 kills as long as I played my part on the team and gave cover fire etc. when I needed too. (Though if you can do both then all the better Very Happy )
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 26.01.09 15:57

I notice this topic is Tactics and Stories...

Here's a strange story....

During one of the re-spawn games I had just re-spawned and made it back down to the tower. I figured now was a good time to reload a couple of my mags, so with my back to the tower, I stood behind it and started reloading. I glance to my left and there was a girl standing 3 feet away from me with a red arm band on! Being on the blue team you can imagine my surprise! Shocked I was stunned! She didn't have her gun pointing at me, she wasn't asking me to surrender, I was a bit confused! "Are you out?" I asked. "No. I'm just trying to catch my breath." Still a bit confused I looked at her quizzically, then I looked at a referee who was standing near by. So while I slowly drew my pistol I asked her again, "So, your NOT out?" "No. I'm catching my breath." By the time she finished her reply I had my pistol pointing at her side and the referee had moved in closer to observe (along with another one or two blue players wondering what this red player was doing "chatting" with us. "Well," I said, "Do I need to shoot you or do you surrender?" "Wait, I need to catch my breath." I really didn't want to shoot anyone at literally point blank range, but she was neither surrendering or threatening me with her weapon! "Hey ref, does this count as a safety kill or something!?!" Seeing the unusual scenario, the ref quickly responded, "Ah ya. She's out." The wild part is that if she had come around the corner "guns-a-blazing" she would have racked up three insta-kills PLUS whoever else was in the fort! She would have walked away an MVP for the game!
    Well all I can say is, I hope she finally caught her breath. Wink
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 26.01.09 16:12

Best Shot....

I was standing next to the parachute getting a sit-rep. I hear the sound of bb's hitting some sort of fabric. Wearing a tactical vest I don't always feel the bb's but often times know I'm hit by sound, but I wasn't sure if they hit my vest or the parachute causing me to pause and contemplate. Pausing for that moment gave me my answer. Another volley of bb's came at me and I felt these. I opened my mouth and yelled "I'm out!" but another volley was already incoming! I said what I had to, turned to a teammate and said, "Hey, check this out," and spit a bb out of my mouth! The strange part is that it was like someone just tossed it into my mouth! Didn't hurt a bit.
    Good shootin' Red Team! (FYI - I prefer the taste TSD Bio Degradable over Excel) Smile
    Phoenix
    Phoenix

Post  Phoenix 26.01.09 17:08

Maybe that's one reason why lots of people don't call hits, they may be wearing so much clothing that they can't tell... That's kinda funny that the girl had no idea that you were on the other team and didn't catch on even after you had your pistol pointed at her.
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 26.01.09 17:23

Chief wrote:Best Shot....

I was standing next to the parachute getting a sit-rep. I hear the sound of bb's hitting some sort of fabric. Wearing a tactical vest I don't always feel the bb's but often times know I'm hit by sound, but I wasn't sure if they hit my vest or the parachute causing me to pause and contemplate. Pausing for that moment gave me my answer. Another volley of bb's came at me and I felt these. I opened my mouth and yelled "I'm out!" but another volley was already incoming! I said what I had to, turned to a teammate and said, "Hey, check this out," and spit a bb out of my mouth! The strange part is that it was like someone just tossed it into my mouth! Didn't hurt a bit.
    Good shootin' Red Team! (FYI - I prefer the taste TSD Bio Degradable over Excel) Smile

HAHAHAHA cheers Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm dying laughing!
    Quex
    Quex

Post  Quex 26.01.09 18:49

My weirdest hit was during the bomb mission. I was standing with the bomb carrier talking about our plans, and all of the sudden I feel a BB hit my chest. I call out, along with the bomb carrier. Nobody kept on shooting, even though 5 people surrounded us, and I couldn't see anybody in the woods. Oh well.

I also remember during that same mission coming around the back. We were held up, with blues shooting at us from behind barrels and trees and such. One of our guys tells everybody to shoot on his mark. He counts down, and at 1, at least 20 people all open up with AEGs. I don't know how, but nobody on the other team called out. Must have been pretty crazy on their side though.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 26.01.09 21:27

Chief wrote:(FYI - I prefer the taste TSD Bio Degradable over Excel) Smile

We'll try to keep that in mind! Awesome to get to play with your crew there! Cannot wait for the next vineyard event either! You got us hooked into all this after all . . . at least I keep telling my wife that it is your fault! lol!
    (Actually she loves seeing the boys have such a good time with their dad!)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 9:07