Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+13
frog
{PWNY} RED
weed
Bulldog94
Scarface
Kilo
navyseal1000
MagisterMortis
Retherford
Q-bald
Admin
Alpine
Tinman
17 posters

Operation Morphine: 100% Benefit game for Operation Homefront!

Tinman
    Tinman

Operation Morphine: 100% Benefit game for Operation Homefront! Empty Operation Morphine: 100% Benefit game for Operation Homefront!

Post  Tinman 03.09.09 8:32

Operation Morphine: 100% Benefit game for Operation Homefront! Morphine
    Tinman
    Tinman

Operation Morphine: 100% Benefit game for Operation Homefront! Empty Re: Operation Morphine: 100% Benefit game for Operation Homefront!

Post  Tinman 03.09.09 8:33

Operation: Morphine

Intel:

Since the overthrow of the Taliban in 2001, the Government of Afghanistan, led by President Hamid Karzai, has relied on NATO forces, newly trained Afghan forces, and a loose network of local Warlords to keep the Taliban at bay. Many of the local warlords run a thriving illegal opiate business by employing the local farmers to grow poppies. While the Afghan government wishes to curb the illicit opiate trade, to come down too hard on the warlords would only serve to destabilize remote regions and give the Taliban weak areas to make gains. A CIA operative that infiltrated the Taliban has passed Intel to US Command saying that a contingency of Taliban and Al Qaeda forces have infiltrated the forested Tani District of the Khost (Khowst) Province of southeastern Afghanistan, and set up strongholds in fortified caves.

A pro US, and anti-Taliban, warlord named Padsha Khan Zadran has done a good job keeping the Taliban at bay so far in Khost (Khowst) province. However his often-rocky relationship with President Hamid Karzai, and his ties to the opiate trade, has given Coalition Military leaders reason to fear he may be losing power and influence in the region.

Therefore it has been decided that US Forces would be sent into the Tani district forest and root out the Taliban and Al Qaeda presence. General Stanley McCrystal, U.S. Commander in Afghanistan, had at first hoped to deal with the threat with precision air strikes, but after meeting with Afghan Military officials he ruled it out. Khost province is home to many villages and poppy farmers who are anti Taliban, but might be persuaded to change allegiance should their only source of income be quickly taken away. Plus President Karzai wants to continue to foster relations with the Warlord Zadran, and blowing up poppy fields could spell the end to the sometimes-tenuous relationship.

It has been determined that the best course of action is a ground assault. It has been determined that the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit would be the main battle group for this operation. There will also be SEAL teams inserted to carry out mission specific objectives, for which the 24th MEU would provide support. The Khost (Khowst) province is on the Pakistan border, so it is imperative that the Terrorist enemies are defeated before more combatants make it over the border to reinforce the new Taliban presence.
    Operation Morphine: 100% Benefit game for Operation Homefront! Map
    Alpine
    Alpine

Operation Morphine: 100% Benefit game for Operation Homefront! Empty Re: Operation Morphine: 100% Benefit game for Operation Homefront!

Post  Alpine 03.09.09 9:41

I'm ready man this is going to be great and it's for a great cause also.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 03.09.09 20:00

Aw man, same day as homecoming.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 03.09.09 20:09

Morlock and I are looking forward to this OP.....It's gonna be a blast cheers cheers
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 03.09.09 20:11

Admin wrote:Aw man, same day as homecoming.
    C'mon man . . . where ARE yer priorities??? lol! lol!
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 03.09.09 20:18

Im skipping homecoming for Freedom. Anyways do you have to be 18 for this or have the membership?
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 03.09.09 20:23

Retherford wrote:Im skipping homecoming for Freedom. Anyways do you have to be 18 for this or have the membership?
    Nope! This is a pure benefit game . . . no membership required. We hope to do at least two Ops a year to benefit Operation Homefront.
    (There will be other non-member events held there too but don't wanna get off-topic from the good cause this represents!)
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 03.09.09 20:30

No this will be an open public game.We will encourage anyone under 18 to try and have a guardian even if its only a friend who's 18 and playing If you old enough to drive then you should not having any problems keeping up with yourself.But you will need to have a signed waiver for this event.So under 18 will have to have a parents signature and 18 and up well they sign for themselves.
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 03.09.09 20:32

We will have the waivers added to Area13's web sight for you to download and bring with you.In a few days.
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Post  MagisterMortis 04.09.09 3:09

Leave those poor poppie farmers alone. They never did anything to you.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 04.09.09 5:39

MagisterMortis wrote:Leave those poor poppie farmers alone. They never did anything to you.

lol! lol! lol!

We've got some cool roles we'd like PWNY to fill for the game if you guys have a crew there!
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 04.09.09 7:08

Wow, 3 days after my B-Day
    I'll see if I can make it
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 04.09.09 7:10

Alpine wrote:No this will be an open public game.We will encourage anyone under 18 to try and have a guardian even if its only a friend who's 18 and playing If you old enough to drive then you should not having any problems keeping up with yourself.But you will need to have a signed waiver for this event.So under 18 will have to have a parents signature and 18 and up well they sign for themselves.

Wait a sec....you mean I can't play if I'm under 18??
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 04.09.09 7:16

Yes you can play if your under 18.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 04.09.09 9:26

navyseal1000 wrote:
    Alpine wrote:No this will be an open public game.We will encourage anyone under 18 to try and have a guardian even if its only a friend who's 18 and playing If you old enough to drive then you should not having any problems keeping up with yourself.But you will need to have a signed waiver for this event.So under 18 will have to have a parents signature and 18 and up well they sign for themselves.

You just have to have a signed waiver . . . plus, your dad is always there . . . we just need to give him a gun and get him out there on the field with us old guys!! cheers cheers
    Kilo
    Kilo

Post  Kilo 04.09.09 14:12

Shocked Okay I guess I am getting so old I cannot find the date of this OP....... Rolling Eyes HELP
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 04.09.09 15:12

Kilo wrote:Shocked Okay I guess I am getting so old I cannot find the date of this OP....... Rolling Eyes HELP

OCTOBER 10
    Is that big enough for those tired old eyes??? lol! lol!
    Scarface
    Scarface

Post  Scarface 04.09.09 18:03

ok ok boys fright nice old men dont make me have to break you kids up now lol this should b a great game looking forward to it so much going to drink my OJ so i am not sick for this one if i am this time not even my dad is going to keep me home
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 04.09.09 18:11

If I can catch a ride down and Dagger goes Ill try and make it.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 05.09.09 8:06

Retherford wrote:If I can catch a ride down and Dagger goes Ill try and make it.

Hope so! Representatives from Operation Homefront will be there and they will have a huge banner for everyone to sign that will go to a unit deployed in Afghanistan! It is cool to me that a group of soldiers will get a singed banner from all of you guys that shows that people back home support them . . . that is GOLDEN in my book!!
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 05.09.09 10:35

I hope that alot of people show up for this like Tinman said everyone in attendance will get to sign this banner.Who knows, someone who knows you over there might see your name that would be cool.This really gives everyone who wants to help a soldier's family out a chance to.I know if I was over there and a received a banner with Operation Homefront on it with alot of names signed on it would really easy my mind to know that my family is getting the help and support from people who care.And your names can be listed all you have to do is show up.Thanks to all who plan to attend and help work this great event.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 05.09.09 12:27

Tinman wrote:
    Admin wrote:Aw man, same day as homecoming.
    C'mon man . . . where ARE yer priorities??? lol! lol!

I know, I'm starting to feel like Twitch...
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 06.09.09 9:05

Tinman wrote:
    navyseal1000 wrote:

You just have to have a signed waiver . . . plus, your dad is always there . . . we just need to give him a gun and get him out there on the field with us old guys!! cheers cheers

Does all the old guys that play have a replaced knee, replaced hip that won't allow him to run says the doctor, and on alot of pills plus he is 50 years old? My Dad cannot function forever
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 06.09.09 9:13

navyseal1000 wrote:Does all the old guys that play have a replaced knee, replaced hip that won't allow him to run says the doctor, and on alot of pills plus he is 50 years old? My Dad cannot function forever

Just get him a good sniper rifle and a Ghillie suit and he can just chill in the brush

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 7:36