Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
MagisterMortis
frog
6 posters

Operation: Morphine Overview

frog
    frog

Operation: Morphine Overview Empty Operation: Morphine Overview

Post  frog 30.09.09 22:03

Just wanted to give everyone a brief overview of what they might be able to expect from Operation Morphine. It was our goal to make it fun and challenging for players from beginner to advanced. The missions will be simple in concept, but difficult in execution.

As you may have read in the Mission briefing the US Forces Team will consist of a Marine contingent, and a SEAL team. The Marines will have unlimited re-spawns, but each spawn will be separately timed and not everyone will be able to re-spawn at the same time. The SEALs will have a medic that can heal them three times. On the fourth hit a SEAL will return to re-spawn and await reinsertion with the rest of the team. The Marines may also be deploying a MASH unit.

The insurgent forces will be made up of a main force of Taliban, and an Al Qaeda cell. The Insurgent forces will have three re-spawn points. Spawns will be unlimited, but timed.

The SEAL team may be required to actually carry out some of the objectives with Marine support in some of the missions. And the SEAL team could be very sneaky.

Al Qaeda may even attempt some terror attacks. You never know.

There will be 4 one hour missions and the fifth and final mission will be 30 minutes. The final mission will see the deployment of a brand new prop at Area 13. It could make the final game very interesting.

WE hope to see as many of you as possible come out to this charity event. It is open to the public, and does NOT require membership to take part. All the proceeds go to Operation Homefront, which includes field fees and raffle earnings. You are also welcome to make donations over and above these if you wish, although I would just buy more raffle tickets. It's not everyday that we get to have loads of fun, and support an awesome cause as well.
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Operation: Morphine Overview Empty Re: Operation: Morphine Overview

Post  MagisterMortis 01.10.09 3:07

I juat hope in some small way the banner helps to brighten the day of any of our troops that happen upon it. All too often some people in this country take for granted the freedom they have been given on the backs of those in our military. Operation Homefront will let them know we're thinking about them and their sacrifice.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 01.10.09 7:41

frog wrote: The final mission will see the deployment of a brand new prop at Area 13. It could make the final game very interesting.

Man, If this is the Prop we used at the Labor day game....It's really cool!
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 01.10.09 8:35

Thanks Frog for your hard work in this. I'm proud to do what I can for those who serve our Great Country.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 01.10.09 10:51

MagisterMortis wrote:I juat hope in some small way the banner helps to brighten the day of any of our troops that happen upon it. All too often some people in this country take for granted the freedom they have been given on the backs of those in our military. Operation Homefront will let them know we're thinking about them and their sacrifice.

DITTO!!!!
    frog
    frog

Post  frog 01.10.09 18:41

Also I wanted to add that the Barn will be in play. Now that is really nothing new, except we have decided you cannot bunker tag the barn and kill everyone inside. It is simply to large for that. If you decide to go inside the barn and clear it, you must do so with a pistol. You cannot fire WITHIN the barn with an AEG. Now to clarify, if you are in the Barn shooting people outside of the barn you can shoot an AEG, with normal MEDs applying. If you are outside the barn shooting at someone in the barn through a window perhaps, AEG is fine. But once you enter the Barn you cannot shoot at someone else in the barn with an AEG. You must use a pistol and it must be on semi (if you have a pistol that shoots auto). No SMG, no SMP, or even shotguns as they can shoot kind of hot. Pistols on semi. Happy hunting.

Also, no climbing into the loft of the barn. Too much liability involved.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 01.10.09 18:49

frog wrote:Also I wanted to add that the Barn will be in play. Now that is really nothing new, except we have decided you cannot bunker tag the barn and kill everyone inside. It is simply to large for that. If you decide to go inside the barn and clear it, you must do so with a pistol. You cannot fire WITHIN the barn with an AEG. Now to clarify, if you are in the Barn shooting people outside of the barn you can shoot an AEG, with normal MEDs applying. If you are outside the barn shooting at someone in the barn through a window perhaps, AEG is fine. But once you enter the Barn you cannot shoot at someone else in the barn with an AEG. You must use a pistol and it must be on semi (if you have a pistol that shoots auto). No SMG, no SMP, or even shotguns as they can shoot kind of hot. Pistols on semi. Happy hunting.

Also, no climbing into the loft of the barn. Too much liability involved.

What if you are in the barn defending outside attacks and an enemy enters the barn with a pistol to clear you and your men out ....How will the defenders of the barn defend themselves if they only have AEG's?......and for a second there I was like" Yea i can finally use my Shotgun".....way to bust my bubble Frog jocolor
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 01.10.09 18:57

I think shotties would be fine in the barn . . . just no AEG fire for entry teams trying to take the barn once the enter.
    frog
    frog

Post  frog 01.10.09 18:59

Q, I don't know why you are worried. You will just win the one in the raffle like you did at Admin's op.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 01.10.09 19:01

I guess the answer to my question is DONT LET THE ENEMY ENTER THE BARN....kill em b4 they do.

Post  Guest 01.10.09 19:32

I personally don't like this acception to the rule. That means that you can effectively be invincible hiding in the barn against an enemy with no pistol. AEGs on semi acceptable maybe?
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 01.10.09 19:39

frog wrote:Q, I don't know why you are worried. You will just win the one in the raffle like you did at Admin's op.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers ....Im giving Morlock the tix this time...His B-day is the 12th
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 01.10.09 19:42

Aggressor Dog wrote:I personally don't like this acception to the rule. That means that you can effectively be invincible hiding in the barn against an enemy with no pistol. AEGs on semi acceptable maybe?

Enter with a knife......if no defenders in the barn have a pistol, The knife wielder can slay them all Twisted Evil
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 01.10.09 21:41

Yea I think shottys would be ok but for sure no one in the loft.Let's get together on this Saturday or Sunday to work the barn out.Jason and Q if you guy's come out on Saturday for the build day bring a shotgun and aeg or we'll use mine and we'll take turns clearing the barn.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 01.10.09 21:44

Alpine wrote:Yea I think shottys would be ok but for sure no one in the loft.Let's get together on this Saturday or Sunday to work the barn out.Jason and Q if you guy's come out on Saturday for the build day bring a shotgun and aeg or we'll use mine and we'll take turns clearing the barn.

Sounds good....If all goes as planed I'll be making another pallet delivery around 9am on Sat morning. Using a Truck this time, Giving the Civic a break.
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 01.10.09 22:29

MagisterMortis wrote:I juat hope in some small way the banner helps to brighten the day of any of our troops that happen upon it. All too often some people in this country take for granted the freedom they have been given on the backs of those in our military. Operation Homefront will let them know we're thinking about them and their sacrifice.

I couldn't of said it any better.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 14:57