Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

4 posters

Barrel Length

Quex
    Quex

Barrel Length Empty Barrel Length

Post  Quex 26.01.09 18:33

Since I got my G36C this time last year, I've been wanting to increase its accuracy. I know I need to get a tightbore (I'm probably going to get a Madbull. I can't spend $50+ on a Prometheus or DBC), but I've been debating about getting an M4 barrel and a silencer to cover up the extra barrel. However, a silencer is $35...the same cost as the barrel itself.

So, is it worth it to spend $70 on the barrel and silencer, or is it a small enough difference that it's not worth it? I think I don't need to change the cylinder, but if I did I probably won't get the M4 barrel and silencer. I've heard people say that the extra length doesn't help that much. Please note that I'm on an extremely tight budget, so the $35 is a big deal to me.

Thanks!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Barrel Length Empty Re: Barrel Length

Post  Admin 26.01.09 19:48

What brand G36c is it?

And yes, you probably will need to change the cylinder. So I wouldn't go that route, because that will require another $10, and you'll also have to pay someone to open your gearbox if you don't feel like you can open it yourself.

I'd personally recommend the Madbull G36c tightbore, a firefly soft type bucking, and a firefly soft type buffer rubber/nub. Airsoft Atlanta is the only place I know of that sells the firefly buffer rubber/nubs, and you need a firefly nub for the bucking to work correctly. Those three things will be about $70 total, and will give you MUCH, MUCH better results that a suppressor and a M4 length tightbore. Also, you'd be able to keep a shorter, lighter, and more maneuverable gun.
    Quex
    Quex

Post  Quex 26.01.09 19:58

It's a JG. The version with 6mm metal bushings, not the current 7mm nylon ones. Shoots around 330-340 fps.

I got new hop-up parts awhile ago (Systema bucking and Element H-nubs), but I wanted to wait until I had the barrel so I didn't have to take it apart twice.

I've been leaning towards the no-suppressor route, and your answer made me sure that was the right way to go. So I'll put a Madbull tightbore, Systema bucking, and an H-nub total into it. Sounds good to me.

Unless there's anything I should know about the bucking or nub.

Thank you for your help.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 26.01.09 20:01

^Sounds good.
    But before you take it apart, watch these two videos: http://www.mechbox.com/g36
    Quex
    Quex

Post  Quex 26.01.09 20:27

I've watched that multiple times, plus multiple guides written in forums. I think I'm good.

Once again, thanks for the help.
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 26.01.09 20:46

There was an article on another forum discussing whether a longer barrel really means better accuracy.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Dispell-Myth-Longer-Ba-t28289.html
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 26.01.09 21:32

I have the v3 JG g36c with a madbull tightbore and a silencer to cover and like it alot. It does not make it a tackdriver but is a noticeable difference . . . I did lose some speed even though I went to an m120 at the same time . . . gotta swap to a non-ported cylinder next time I pull the gearbox apart. It never ends! Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 17.05.24 1:54