Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+8
xplodingbunnys
gapairsoft
Electioneer
#CW!!ZERO
Airsoftguy238
NJSC
{ACE}Steve-o
Killjoy
12 posters

New to Airsoft Need Advice

Killjoy
    Killjoy

New to Airsoft Need Advice Empty New to Airsoft Need Advice

Post  Killjoy 04.01.10 23:43

I am new to airsoft. I played paintball many years ago casually and have recently gotten interested in airsoft. I am 38 years old. I guess you could call me an old guy.

I am looking for some advice on what equipment to get, where to play, etc. I have a few questions and would love some advice:

I am looking for a mask that will work with a replica helmet and provide eye, nose, mouth and ear protection. When I played paintball, my mask would always fog up. I have seen wire mesh masks for airsoft that don't fog and can fit with a helmet but I have seen some comments on forums that they might not be safe. Any suggestions on good masks that are safe and won't fog?

I am outfitting myself with standard US army uniform and weapons. I am looking for a midrange starter AEG rifle gun. I am considering the 2010 JG M4 S-System Full Metal body and gearbox. I am looking to spend about $250. I will be a casual player meaning that I would only play about once a month. I want something that won't break easily and provide good performance. I am also looking for a midrange starter M9 pistol. I have heard mixed opinions on whether to get a gas or electric pistol. I dont have any brands in mind and would love some advice.

Finally is there some kind of airsoft bootcamp to learn basics including basic milsim tactics? Thanks for your help.
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

New to Airsoft Need Advice Empty Re: New to Airsoft Need Advice

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 04.01.10 23:53

Welcome to the sport of airsoft!!! It's a blast. Checkout airdogairsoft.com

They have a field located in Newnan, Ga. They hold open games about 1-2 times each month there. they also have a few other fields. One in Commerce, Ga (used for 24 hour games), and then they play in a old abandoned elementary school (in Union City, Ga)

www.airdogairsoft.com

They sell guns, accessories, vests, and misc. gear.

They are great guys up there. The store owner is Ken Takekawa (aka:Tak) and the gun tech is Ryan Schnulle(Aka: Rhino).

If you have any questions, they will take care of you. However in the meantime, feel free to PM with any ?'s regarding the sport.

Hope you find all you expect and more! Look forward to seeing you on the field! Good luck!
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 04.01.10 23:56

Welcome to the forum! Glad you are doing your research before you waste money. Look into the G&G guns as well. If you give Airdog Airsoft a call they can help you with all your equipment needs.
    There really isn't any airsoft boot camp. Just experience with running with a good group of guys will help with that aspect. Airdog Combat Zone is where a lot of us play, you should come and check us out.
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 05.01.10 0:29

If your looking for an awesome starter gun go dorthe g&g m4 plastica for $170 and buy a metal body off of evike.com for $70 if thats a concern. As far as a good, cheap, and reliable m9 go with the kjw ptp one. I had one and it was great i regret selling it
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 05.01.10 0:48

Welcome Killjoy...so about the mask issue, my team runs a goggles called FlakJacks, they are extremely durable goggle and they NEVER fog, we have been running them since the hottest of summer and the coldest of winter with only great results, they also are meant to fit on helmets, which is what my brother does and it works great. As with mouth and ear protection you can get a Neoprene Mask or a faceshield that will be coming into Airdog very soon. As for fields, like everyone else has been saying, Airdog is the way to go, we have been playing with them for right around a year now they now employ half my airsoft team. They are very generous guys that are willing to go the extra mile to help out. They throw the best games that my team has ever attended, and we have played at other big name fields like Georgetown and Airdog beats them hands down. Hope this helped and hope to see you on the field soon.
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 05.01.10 1:08

Hi Killjoy. I would recommend getting a G&G or G&P AEG if you are looking at M4 replicas. KWA also makes some great AEGs too. From my experience JG/E1 and other Chinese Companies just don't compare to the quality guns from Taiwan/ Japan, etc. They just feel cheap and you get a much better package with a G&G.

I operate a youtube channel here that you can check out. I have reviews, weekly updates and other helpful videos there.

Gas pistols will do great during the hotter months but they degrade during colder months. I don't carry a pistol because I rarely used it in games because it was much easier to reload with a more powerful and accurate AEG.

Feel free to ask any questions and be sure to check out www.airdogairsoft.com . They are quality people.
    Killjoy
    Killjoy

New to Airsoft Need Advice Empty Advice

Post  Killjoy 05.01.10 8:14

Thanks for all the great advice. I will check out the AEGs that you all have recommended. I will also check out airdog. Any recos on types of gas or electric m9 pistols?

Thanks again for your help.
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 05.01.10 8:31

Killjoy wrote:Thanks for all the great advice. I will check out the AEGs that you all have recommended. I will also check out airdog. Any recos on types of gas or electric m9 pistols?

Thanks again for your help.
    i had a kjw m9 gas blow back pistol and it was great
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 05.01.10 14:07

No one on my teams runs a pistol, they are just too impractical. Gas pistols do though offer u a little more realism but because its gas it will very frequently break. Glocks are always a good choice. With electric pistols they dont have as high fps and are less realistic but almost will never break. The glock 18c is a good choice for electric pistols, i know they have them at airdog for $70
    gapairsoft
    gapairsoft

Post  gapairsoft 05.01.10 15:46

if you want a gas pisrol i would go with the KJW M9 that was reconded earlier
    xplodingbunnys
    xplodingbunnys

Post  xplodingbunnys 05.01.10 16:12

and if you do get a gas pistol don't get WE, i had one and it was good. But WE is really bad for their clips, and it's a lot to keep up a gas pistol also just so you know.
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 05.01.10 16:54

Welcome Killjoy! Well like everyone else has said, check out the G&G Combat Machine. A great gun. Well if you are looking into a pistol, when you check Airdog, they just got some sick 1911's in. They go for $120 and they are a blast. Great accuracy and range. PM if you have any questions about the forums or basic airsoft.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 05.01.10 17:25

welcome to the forum! as everyone has said airdog airsoft has a great field and an awesome store with great staff and service. They will help you pick out a gun if you tell them what you are looking for. as for pistols, airdog has a great selection but i have one and i hardly use it.
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]

Post  Markerscope1 [SOTHG] 05.01.10 18:40

as everyone has said, airdog airsoft is a great store and field. airsoft atlanta is also in the area but does not have as great customer service and good prices like airdog, but if its closer to you, it wouldnt hurt to check it out (airsoftatlanta.com).

some websites to order from are airsoftgi.com and evike.com if you need to order some gear/guns.

i get some of my gear at my local army/navy store in marietta.
    Killjoy
    Killjoy

New to Airsoft Need Advice Empty Thanks!

Post  Killjoy 06.01.10 22:25

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the great advice. It looks like I have some more research to do.
    Radar
    Radar

Post  Radar 06.01.10 23:26

Also, look around on the forum for guns are gear. *Cough* *cough* my for sale add.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 06.05.24 23:52