Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

5 posters

Give me some advice?

CFA

Give me some advice? Empty Give me some advice?

Post  CFA 12.02.12 0:58

Ok so i ordered a G&G Combat MAchine just the regular Black m4. And when i get it in, i want to get this thing up and running perfect.

What i was thinking i needed to do:
    Shim the gears
    Correct AoE(still dont understand how)
    Deans connectors

Would that be better for running a 7.4v lipo for some time? Its supposed to be 15C-25C and 2000MaH Or i can get lower MaH.

What am i missing, and what parts should i replace/upgrade.

Thanks
    RIP
    RIP

Give me some advice? Empty Re: Give me some advice?

Post  RIP 12.02.12 2:18

If I were you I would immediately put a 7.4v lipo with at most a 25c discharge.
    thats what I run in my gun it works great and ive had zero problems.
    by the way my gun is a G&G combat machine also
    cagcmc@gmail.com

Post  cagcmc@gmail.com 12.02.12 10:12

A mosfet would be a good addition, its not required, I've never used one, but i need to get one, make your gun more efficient.
    CFA

Post  CFA 12.02.12 13:00

RIP wrote:If I were you I would immediately put a 7.4v lipo with at most a 25c discharge.
    thats what I run in my gun it works great and ive had zero problems.
    by the way my gun is a G&G combat machine also

Do you think i should use a 7.4v and deans just to help?
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 12.02.12 13:31

I have run 7.4s on deans in my combat machine for quite some time with no problems, and i didnt do anything to the internals.
    RIP
    RIP

Post  RIP 12.02.12 19:29

I like the xt60 connector,thats what i use since its what comes on the lipos I buy.
    Mosfets are a good idea it makes the gearbox shoot far more efficient.
    In my opinion you really dont need to worry about a Fet unless you plan to use a very high output battery like an 11.1v
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 12.02.12 23:11

adjusting AOE will prevent your piston from pickup tooth damage, especially when increasing performance levels (higher fps/rps).
    you can also use nylon spacers on the piston. but i prefer to reduce piston weight and the rubber washer also helps with impact protection on the front of the gearbox. you can fine tune your gearbox by polishing the piston guide rails and inside cylinder wall.

use a pencil tip and try moving the inner barrel. if there's side to side movement, you can spiral wrap teflon tape on the inner barrel to stabilize it. this makes your shots consistent.
    Give me some advice? Teflon-wrap

i use mosfets on all our AEG's. the JG mosfets worked for awhile but eventually couldn't handle higher amp builds (not recommended for 25amp builds). Disguised Enemy mosfets are $15 and work really well. if you rather make your own mosfets, let me know. i've been making them lately. poopdaddy also has a replacement mosfet using mechanical relays. i'm not sure if reed still makes mosfets.

mosfets helps your electrical efficiency. since the main power source bypasses the trigger contacts, there's very little energy loss from the trigger contact's resistance. not only will your contacts last longer, but battery time will also last longer.

stock tamiya battery connectors are not reliable. once they start getting loose, they will cause high resistance and melt down. dean's clone are very inexpensive and can handle high amps. xt60 are also good, but more expensive.

LiPo's are awesome, no reason to not use them. they are cheaper, stronger, and last longer (avoid airsoft store LiPo's, get them from RC hobby shops). 7.4v 25c 1800 or 2200 mAH is a standard size. it all depends on how large the battery compartment is. you will need a balance charger.
    Give me some advice? Nanotechs

upgrading the motor with either a speed or torque (neodymium) will allow for improved rate of fire and can handle heavier loads without excessively heating up.

re-shimming is important. start with bevel to pinion. look up half shell method. it's also the best way to adjust motor height.

you can also improve consistency with shimming the hopup and upgrading the bucking. but it all depends if you like to shoot semi-auto or full auto.

what performance level are you planning? increasing FPS, RPS, or both?
    i recommend purchasing a chrono.
    CFA

Post  CFA 12.02.12 23:16

-a|ex wrote:adjusting AOE will prevent your piston from pickup tooth damage, especially when increasing performance levels (higher fps/rps).
    you can also use nylon spacers on the piston. but i prefer to reduce piston weight and the rubber washer also helps with impact protection on the front of the gearbox. you can fine tune your gearbox by polishing the piston guide rails and inside cylinder wall.

use a pencil tip and try moving the inner barrel. if there's side to side movement, you can spiral wrap teflon tape on the inner barrel to stabilize it. this makes your shots consistent.
    Give me some advice? Teflon-wrap

i use mosfets on all our AEG's. the JG mosfets worked for awhile but eventually couldn't handle higher amp builds (not recommended for 25amp builds). Disguised Enemy mosfets are $15 and work really well. if you rather make your own mosfets, let me know. i've been making them lately. poopdaddy also has a replacement mosfet using mechanical relays. i'm not sure if reed still makes mosfets.

mosfets helps your electrical efficiency. since the main power source bypasses the trigger contacts, there's very little energy loss from the trigger contact's resistance. not only will your contacts last longer, but battery time will also last longer.

stock tamiya battery connectors are not reliable. once they start getting loose, they will cause high resistance and melt down. dean's clone are very inexpensive and can handle high amps. xt60 are also good, but more expensive.

LiPo's are awesome, no reason to not use them. they are cheaper, stronger, and last longer (avoid airsoft store LiPo's, get them from RC hobby shops). 7.4v 25c 1800 or 2200 mAH is a standard size. it all depends on how large the battery compartment is. you will need a balance charger.
    Give me some advice? Nanotechs

upgrading the motor with either a speed or torque (neodymium) will allow for improved rate of fire and can handle heavier loads without excessively heating up.

re-shimming is important. start with bevel to pinion. look up half shell method. it's also the best way to adjust motor height.

you can also improve consistency with shimming the hopup and upgrading the bucking. but it all depends if you like to shoot semi-auto or full auto.

what performance level are you planning? increasing FPS, RPS, or both?
    i recommend purchasing a chrono.

Well ide like about 300FPS and 30RPS. And how much do all those lipos cost! arnt they like $50 each?
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 12.02.12 23:56

lipo's are around $7 to $10 each.

for 300fps 30rps, you have a number of options.
    first, get a chrono.
    next, figure out how much you want to spend.

low budget option: around 28rps
    depending on stock fps, cut off links to achieve desired fps.
    polish piston guide and inside cylinder wall
    replace tamiya with either deans or xt60
    swiss cheese stock piston
    clean and relube, light weight (silicone) lube on o-rings and medium weight (superlube) on gears.
    Disguised enemy mosfet
    7.4v 40c 1800mAH
    speed motor

upper budget option: around 35 rps
    m100 spring
    bearing spring guide
    light weight piston with rack don't forget to remove/trim piston teeth for AOE correction
    POM piston head
    replace bushings with bearings
    speed motor
    mosfet + deans/xt60 + relube + reshim
    11.1v 20c 1800mAH

reliable low stress build (capable of 2000 rnd mag dumps at 28-30rps without motor over-heating):
    SHS 15 teeth rack (swiss cheesed) with teeth removed and trimmed for AOE correction and POM piston head
    sp140 to sp150 main spring
    bearing spring guide
    Riotsc DSG (dual sector gear)
    replace wiring with 16awg
    mosfet + deans/xt60 + relube + reshim
    JG spur and bevel gear (XYT,X,GE stamped)
    replace bushings with bearings
    replace tappet plate with guarder black nylon (trim fin accordingly, 11mm)
    torque motor
    7.4v 40c 1800mAH

if you want to push 60rps, replace your pinion gear with a systema chromoly and use an 11.1v 30c 2200mAH
    CFA

Post  CFA 13.02.12 23:04

My friend traded me:
    Cyclone dsg
    shs piston
    spacers
    m130

Will that be a good start for the low stress?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 9:27